We're in danger

We're in no danger.

We've lost 2 league games all season. 2. We'd need to lose another 4 at least to lose the league.

Technically we can still lose the league without losing a single match. A draw is almost as bad as a loss.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand disappointment at the result....the crazy overreaction is not a shock either however I am going to make the suggestion that the title is coming back to Ibrox.

The beauty of our position is we can lose the next 2 games 4-1 and we will still be hot favourites. Trust reality it is actually quite nice.

tonight was a blip

Was it though?

We have been deteriorating for a number of weeks and last night we conceded 4 goals to a side that we should bury at a canter. We have never lost 4 goals to St Johnstone and neither should we, I could give a flying one if the league was wrapped up weeks ago, I couldn't care if we had lost our best 5 or 6 players through injury and suspension and I certainly couldn't care that "it was a blip"

Rangers should never concede 4 goals to anyone in a competitive match and doing so should be a cause for concern....

I didn't see the game but when I woke up to that result this morning my jaw dropped.... from reading everyone's comments on here I am seriously pissed off with the attitude of some of our players.... The team we had out last night is more than capable of beating any side in this league and for them to ship 4 to a side struggling to make the top six is unacceptable....

In the cold light of day we got a humping and a truly deserved one at that.

Well done St Johnstone is all i can say..

.firstly cos we were thinking it was all over and we could just stroll to the league..we're not that good..

and secondly it means if all results go our way we can win the league either at home or the Giro dome.....much better than Tannadice.

tonight was a blip

Was it though?

We have been deteriorating for a number of weeks and last night we conceded 4 goals to a side that we should bury at a canter. We have never lost 4 goals to St Johnstone and neither should we, I could give a flying one if the league was wrapped up weeks ago, I couldn't care if we had lost our best 5 or 6 players through injury and suspension and I certainly couldn't care that "it was a blip"

Rangers should never concede 4 goals to anyone in a competitive match and doing so should be a cause for concern....

I didn't see the game but when I woke up to that result this morning my jaw dropped.... from reading everyone's comments on here I am seriously pissed off with the attitude of some of our players.... The team we had out last night is more than capable of beating any side in this league and for them to ship 4 to a side struggling to make the top six is unacceptable....

And a few days earlier we trashed a side that's better than St Johnstone.

It was a blip yes.

Furfuxsake - this is now a three-page thread after only our second SPL defeat in fuck knows how long.

The OP has hopefully calmed down and should maybe now apologise for causing a stampede last night (and this morning) by the nervous types amongst our support.

Move along now folks.......there's nothing to see here. :sherlock:

Just found this:

6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 8, 7, 3, 6

These are the numbers of league games we lost in the 9 in a row years.

At the moment we're at 2.

These teams were regarded as some of the best ever at Rangers, they too lost heavily sometimes (Several 3-0 losses, to the mhanks, sheep, Motherwell,...)

Just found this:

6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 8, 7, 3, 6

These are the numbers of league games we lost in the 9 in a row years.

At the moment we're at 2.

These teams were regarded as some of the best ever at Rangers, they too lost heavily sometimes (Several 3-0 losses, to the mhanks, sheep, Motherwell,...)

This will never do Jelle1880.......fucking common sense???

Some of the panic merchants will never stand for it. :rolleyes:

So what we got humped.........it happens for fuck sake.

Lets not be like the beggars and blame the world or panic.............we can now clinch the title at the home of the filth or at Home.Unless they bastards lose to Hibs on Sunday

Makes for a better end to the season..............didn't fancy winning it on a wednesday at tannadice.

Hang on a minute Jelle your trying to bring a bit of common sense, calm and logic to this thread!! This is for the panic merchants!!

I hope most have calmed downed and realised the severity of the situation - NIL!!!!!

Hang on a minute Jelle your trying to bring a bit of common sense, calm and logic to this thread!! This is for the panic merchants!!

I hope most have calmed downed and realised the severity of the situation - NIL!!!!!

Oh shit, I'm so sorry.

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!

There :P

We’ve been very complacent of late, there’s no denying that. What used to be one of the best defences in Europe is now leaking goals and it’s not good enough. IMO it’s time to tighten up and start playing a deep midfield, I’d even put up with 4-5-1 until we seal the league.

We're in danger of throwing this title away because we think we've won it before we have. Remember two years ago anyone? We really need to stop turning up to games after the first 20minutes, play some decent f*cking football, and ban Lafferty from ever playing for us again.

Don't do this again to me Rangers, we were in a very similar position two years ago and you f*cked it bigtime.

Yes, I remember two years ago, and there's no comparison to this year.

Then there was fixture congestion. Rangers were handed a programme of Celtic - Fiorentina - Celtic - Fiorentina. There were still two pre-split matches to be played. Instead of playing these matches in correct sequence, they held them back to the end of the season.

Rangers were forced to play in sequence two UEFA Cup semi-finals and two away games at Celtic Park. We were then handed the last game of the season away to Aberdeen. Add to that we had a UEFA Cup Final. The league was handed to Celtic. No comparison.

When you put it like this it really brings home how much we were fucked over that year! :(

Just wanted to add that i wish folk would get off Lafferty's back a wee bit, yes he hasen't been the best, but it seems that even when he does alright he still gets stick.

IMO he was much better than Boyd when he came on second half.

Really don't understand what all the fuss is about, this is an inventive ploy to give Celtic false hope that they can catch us, but the masterplan is this, we will drop just enough points between now and the next Celtic game and then turn on the style at the piggery to win the title on their ground. :D

Furfuxsake - this is now a three-page thread after only our second SPL defeat in fuck knows how long.

The OP has hopefully calmed down and should maybe now apologise for causing a stampede last night (and this morning) by the nervous types amongst our support.

Move along now folks.......there's nothing to see here. :sherlock:

In fairness, I'm usually quite a positive soul. Just this whole "there's no way we can lose the league attitude" isn't something I agree with. Yes we're almost certain to win in, but when there's any chance of it all going tits up...performances such as last nights will not do.

If say the worst happened and knuckle-dragging Lemon starts winning week in week out, nights like last night can come back to bite you. I am pretty certain that they won't, but until we have the league mathmatically won it's never ours.

I am a Rangers fan, losing 4 goals to anyone is unthinkable unless we score 5. Was maybe a tad bold to exclaim we could lose the league over such nights, but I remember 2 years ago when on RM we were saying what day we would like to win the league etc. And it went horrendously wrong

:sherlock:

Fuck sake whats all the panic about we cant win every game no team can/does ! We are still potentially 13 clear the league is done and dusted if people were expecting us to win every game they were stupid