David Goodwillie

Macca1690

Gomis, Goodwillie and Webster were the best players for Dundee United today, Webster especially, according to my mate who was at the game.

Only in Scotland would a domestic cup final not be shown on the tv.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomis, Goodwillie and Webster were the best players for Dundee United today, Webster especially, according to my mate who was at the game.

that wasnt the final today

that wasnt the final today

I missed out the word 'semi' (tu)

I'd welcome Goodwillie to the team, he's a good young player who would only improve under Walter and co but I'd much rather have Griffiths from Dundee, he could be a top player.

We all thought that about Naismith though, although to be fair injuries haven't helped him at all... I'm undecided on Goodwillie.

Goodwillie either play's up top or not at all. Not a player you could play out wide, so there is no chance of us playing him out of position, should we sign him!?

I dont think he's that much better than what we have got just now i wouldnt sign him

We only have two players in our entire squad who have scored more goals than him this season so I'm failing to see where our players who are better options than him are?

Hes had a remarkable season and his goal return looks even even better when you consider that he's been competing and rotating with Daly, Cadameteri, Sandaza, Scala & Casulinovo for a start all year.

I'd welcome any player who can offer 10 odd goals a season.

I dont think he's that much better than what we have got just now i wouldnt sign him

We only have two players in our entire squad who have scored more goals than him this season so I'm failing to see where our players who are better options than him are?

Hes had a remarkable season and his goal return looks even even better when you consider that he's been competing and rotating with Daly, Cadameteri, Sandaza, Scala & Casulinovo for a start all year.

Just because he does it at Utd doesnt mean he will with us for example Naismith ,he has been shite and nowhere near as good as he was at Kilmarnock for us. Im sure there are better players and professionals out there its not like he is the only decent player around is it?

Cadameteri missed 6 months of football, Sandanza missed a lot of the season aswell... Goodwillie is ahead of Shala, Daly has had a decent season after returning from a career threatening injury, Casulinovo, hasn't played much, when he has it's been more of a deeper role, and Myrie-Williams has played in midfield, out wide, and up top...

End of the day, Goodwillie has had a chance this year, he's played well, and has shown that he is a good player.

Just watching the highlights the now.

Goodwillies goal was excellent. Won the initial header and played it into Swansons path, made a Miller-esque run between the full back and centre half but there was a composed finish ( jink o the feet & by the keeper for a tap in) to go with it ;)

just watchen the highlights from todays semi final. Goodwillies finish was just outstanding, played threw 1-1, drops the shoulder with a fake shot goalkeepers on the floor, takes another touch hes facing an open goal and slots it in. Kool, calmed and showed great composure

just watchen the highlights from todays semi final. Goodwillies finish was just outstanding, played threw 1-1, drops the shoulder with a fake shot goalkeepers on the floor, takes another touch hes facing an open goal and slots it in. Kool, calmed and showed great composure

(tu)

the header down to Swanson was perfect too.

I think he's a player.

(tu)

the header down to Swanson was perfect too.

I think he's a player.

Agree mate, alot of players, in both celtic and rangers would have went for power and smacked the goalkeeper with that oppertunity. He showed he had a cool head and composed himself brilliantly.

Think he's a crackin wee player, and wouldn't cost too much, and he's what... 21? 22?

Anyone think he'd make the grade at our club?

[/q

i think so mate,ive been sayin it for a while.obviously if we had money to spend we wouldnt go for a player like him,but with the money problems we have i think he would be a good addition to the squad.he doesnt stop running he puts a really good shift in and maybe ally could help him with the finishing part of his game.so its a yes from me

My mate who I work with at the Safari Park is one of Davids best mates. Gets free tickets to all the utd games. Ill ask him next time I see him if anything is happening. Be good news as I think he is a good player. Could work well with Lafferty and Miller IF Boyd goes.

I might blag my season ticket too haha!

This wee git loves himself and i certainly dont want him at Ibrox. He wouldn't handle the whole situation, he'd never be out the papers.

Well short of Rangers class im afraid.