115 members have voted

1. 1. kyle or boyd?

• lafferty
    • boyd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did lafferty do anything different other than score the other night?

Yes.

He probably did more good the other night than he ever has done in a Rangers shirt.

It doesn't make up for his previous performances, but his previous performances shouldn't make us dismiss it either. He, Davis, and Edu were the best players on the pitch by a fair distance.

Lafferty had scored a few against Dundee too though, I think it's inevitable lafferty will start on the wing up there. As long as he plays like he did against Aberdeen and not like he did at tannadice a couple weeks ago then I won't be complaining. I think we could expect naisy to drop out.

As someone has already said, both should play, and Naismith should be dropped. However, Boyd has to buck his ideas up, he's been really poor recently. And if he isn't fit, put him on the bench, or leave him out till he is.

Lafferty won some headers the other night?? Lol! Fs he jumped under the ball and headed it into row z from 2 yards out, people were screaming for Boyd to come on and then he scores the goal n he's brilliant and should start instead of Boyd? I like how Boyd was being tipped for poty and now should be out the team because our worst player of the season played 1 half decent half of football. Shocking.

Two runs and one goal and suddenly Lafferty is the answer. He was hopeless for most of the minutes he was on the park on Wednesday just like he has been terrible all season. Not a striker plays better wide but is still very poor as wide player.

There's no way any of us know whether to start Boyd without seeing how he has reacted in training to being dropped. If as many suspect he's made his mind up that he's leaving and isn't bothering his arse then there's no way he should play. If it is about him being not fully fit and after a rest he looks up for it then he should start in place of Naismith with Lafferty wide

I'd keep the same team as I thought the movement up front against Aberdeen was good and I don't think Boyd looks interested at the moment.

So, Lafferty

We had six attempts on goal the whole game, I don't know about you but I expect a lot more from a Rangers team.

people need to look outside of both players ability in this argument, and have a look at how the team performs with either in the starting 11

with boyd, our team takes the easy route of lumping high balls, and with most SPL defences being comprised of extremely large caber tossers, that plan just plain sucks

the other night against aberdeen, the only time the ball was lumped forward was into space for our strikers to use their pace

yes boyd is better than lafferty, but the team is better without boyd at the moment

and the team comes first

people need to look outside of both players ability in this argument, and have a look at how the team performs with either in the starting 11

with boyd, our team takes the easy route of lumping high balls, and with most SPL defences being comprised of extremely large caber tossers, that plan just plain sucks

the other night against aberdeen, the only time the ball was lumped forward was into space for our strikers to use their pace

yes boyd is better than lafferty, but the team is better without boyd at the moment

and the team comes first

We play just as many long balls to lafferty (given his height, you would expect him to win a fair share) when he is in the team than we do when boyd is in the team... Can you not remember games like against Hibs at Ibrox when we just lumped the ball up to lafferty? when he is on the wing it is even worse... at least if we lump it up to the strikers, the opposing team have to travel further with the ball if they get it than they do if we lump it to Kyle on the wing doh

We even lump the ball up to novo... our team playing long balls is nothing to do with the personnel but our often lack of creativity, brought about by means not down to our chosen strike force