"super lee"

martyboy2009

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Rangers Legend !

So far away from the truth it's unreal!

You're wrong (again) Muff.Like him or not,big Lee was,and is an integral part of our consecutive championship

seasons,but whether it makes him a legend or not is questionable.One thing is for sure though,I'll always hold him

in the highest esteem. :praise:

And that's why no-one takes you seriously :lol:

Aye! but I'm usually proved right,when all is said and done.Check my record sonny. (tu)

found that funny :lol:

Sonny Anderson?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers Legend !

You're wrong (again) Muff.Like him or not,big Lee was,and is an integral part of our consecutive championship

seasons,but whether it makes him a legend or not is questionable.One thing is for sure though,I'll always hold him

Aye! but I'm usually proved right,when all is said and done.Check my record sonny. (tu)

What? Your record consists of saying Boyd is shite and Lafferty will be better than him doh

can we keep this Lee thread for Lee mcculloch comments please :) .

thought he played well on Sunday if not overshaddowed a bit in the 2nd half but he done his job well , breaking up attacks and passing it onto his more technically gifted midfielders .

Rangers Legend !

People calling Lee McCulloch a legend, saying he's magic and being happy that he only gets 'stuck in' sums up everything that's wrong with some of our support and Scottish football in general.

(tu)

(tu)

Been very poor for quite some time.

What? Your record consists of saying Boyd is shite and Lafferty will be better than him doh

And saying Kenny Miller is the best £1.9 million we've ever spent.

For anyone to even think about calling McCulloch a legend is embarrassing. For me not one player in the current squad is a legend. He's had a good season by his own very poor standards and he should not be in the team. For people to say he deserves to be in the team because he puts himself about is absolutely ridiculous. That attiutde sums up everything thats wrong with Scottish football

Not the best player in the world. Struggles to compete sometimes. But cannot doubt his desire and fight for Rangers.

And on some occassions this season, his untidy, determined and gutsy way of doing things has secured our team points. Though he shouldn't be regarded as a legend...I do wish more people would give him a break.

Also can't believe someone in this thread actually criticised McCulloch for slotting into CB when Bougherra made runs forward...And these same people shout for certain players and formations to be used. Thank god Walter is in charge and not you!

Also can't believe someone in this thread actually criticised McCulloch for slotting into CB when Bougherra made runs forward...And these same people shout for certain players and formations to be used. Thank god Walter is in charge and not you!

Ignore that. mis-read a post and also got the name of the poster mixed up :lol:

Still stand by my other points though.

Not the best player in the world. Struggles to compete sometimes. But cannot doubt his desire and fight for Rangers.

And on some occassions this season, his untidy, determined and gutsy way of doing things has secured our team points. Though he shouldn't be regarded as a legend...I do wish more people would give him a break.

You can't fault his desire and fight but I could go on the park and have the same fight and desire. Fact is he isn't good enough

i love threads like this. the fact that we won 2-0 and are one win away from the title yet we are still criticising players shows how far we have come since PLG. our pressure to enhance our team and raise expectations can only be a good thing.

Best part of the season coincided with Lee partnering Davis in the middle. No frills, just win the ball & give it to Davis. And he does that well. Simples :wink:

Only because Thomson and Edu were not up to full fitness. Bar the month of December, McCulloch has been nothing more than mediocre. He had had some good games, and some bad games. He goes missing for far too long, and spends a lot of the time chasing the game. Just because he's hard, passionate, get's stuck in, loves the club... doesn't make him a good player, Broadfoot is exactly the same, where are the 'legend' 'King Kirk' 'Broadfoot for captain'.... posts - oh yeah, he's not scored against celtc ;)

He's not the best option for the position he play's in, yet he'll be in there every minute of every game, even when he's struggling - meaning Davis will play out of position, and a player more suited to the position will miss out, and it fcuks up the balance of the team. No suprise that our midfield spends a lot of the time on the back foot, chasing games, unable to get a hold of the game.

We've struggled against some of the worst sides in the SPL, mainly due to our midfield getting over-run, and out-fought. Davis drifts inside, he leaves the right back exposed. McCulloch get's caught out of position, he' chases shadows for long spells, until he goes through someone, and some think that's good enough. I'm sick of our non existant midfield, a midfield that struggles to get to terms with the opposition, out match them, get the ball down, get on it, create, and over power. The opposition see this as one of our weak areas, and exploit it. No wonder the defence bypasses the midfield half the time, and David Weir sit's even deeper.

McCulloch does a job now and again, but he doesn't have the brain, awareness, quality, positional sense. How many times do we see Whittaker, Davis, Boyd or Miller standing open, in acres of space shouting for the ball, only to see McCulloch turn around, and play it back the way to his defence! If you go to games you will realise this as the support get's on McCulloch's back for it. He plays far too many meaningless sideway's and backwards passes, than half the time falls short, and puts pressure on his teammates. In the last number of games, both McGregor and Weir have roared at McCulloch, McGregor especially.

He's in there because he's the management teams favourite, he's not attacking, and means we can adopt a cautious approach to the game, even although it affects the team, and his central midfield partners is having to do two jobs at once.

Everyone can see it bar the management, and some supporters who will see nothing bad said of Lee McCulloch - an honest, hard working pro, who has improved on previous seasons (which wasn't hard), who has had one good month of football, some good performances, some terrible ones, and who has been mediocre for the majority of a season.

Are you looking fwd to watching that Dennis? Do you think mcculloch is a better option than Davis edu and thomson?

I think when Rangers are struggling to win the championship or any trophies for that matter, ill change my point of view.

as far as i can see we are well on our way to 53, cant you just enjoy that just now, and worry about next season when it comes.

because its gonny be a long summer.

McCulloch should just be a squad player, not a regular starter.

Playing him from the start is holding the team back as Thomson & Davis inevitably will be played out of position to ensure we have McCulloch in the team.

Wake up Walter, we can play better without McCulloch in the team and play better players in their correct positions.

Most of the responses in this thread reek of that famous Scottish 'he does a job decent enough and I'm happy with that' mentality.

Why don't people have a 'he does a job decent enough but we should look at players that can do a job and add a bit more' mentality.

Part of the reason why Scotland is now a footballing backwater.