"super lee"

martyboy2009

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's it gonna take to get him dropped? I can't take watching him much more.

He's shite.

A fucking joke of a player, but the stupid cunts on here dont want to hear this.

Noo! I think people defended him because the Big man tries and has put a decent shift in this season.

He was poor tonight and I think bringing Thomson in instead or doing the unthinkable and playing Davis in the middle would be far better and allowing Novo or Fleck a shot on the right

If he starts on Sunday it just goes to show that he is not in there for his ability, form, quality... it's because he's the managers favourite.

Bar December, and a few games here and there, he has been pish. He's been poor since the turn of the year, and he was absolutely awful tonight. Others have been dropped, and moved on for less, but hey, he'd run through a brick wall for the cause - not good enough. Get him out the team ffs.

I have given up trying to understand Walters selections at the moment. Naismith, Lafferty and McCulloch were terrible tonight in a team that didn't perform.

I have said it before Naismith has had moments for us but they are few and far between. Lafferty is just shite,terrible first touch, no control, just runs around like a headless chicken, his clash tonight with Kovecevic was just another example of his lunacy, to tackle like that straight after the ref has told them both to cool it, lucky to have stayed on the field.

McCulloch is just a lazy bastard,no skill just crash and bash merchant.

I think a few guys are forgetting that Mcculloch is not in there to provide the flair or attacking option, he's there to fill the "break up the play, win the ball and pass it on" role. Not very glamorous but every team needs one. I was at the game tonight and I would say Mcculloch was one of the few players in our team who actually did a job. Edu was simply awful tonight beside him, shall we start the witchhunt on him now? How many games could you hand on heart say Edu has shone in? Mcculloch may not be everyone's idea of what makes a Rangers midfielder (not even mine if circumstances were different), but unfortunately we are in a position where we have to utilise every player we have in the best way they can be. Big Lee does a job in there, pure and simple.

Beasley and Fleck have two bad games in a row and we don't see them for three months.

McCulloch's had what, five in a row now? And he's still an automatic pick.

And I agree with the people that say he's being lined up for captain next year, it's an absolute fucking stick on.

:anguish:

I would rather Beasley as captain.

I think a few guys are forgetting that Mcculloch is not in there to provide the flair or attacking option, he's there to fill the "break up the play, win the ball and pass it on" role. Not very glamorous but every team needs one. I was at the game tonight and I would say Mcculloch was one of the few players in our team who actually did a job. Edu was simply awful tonight beside him, shall we start the witchhunt on him now? How many games could you hand on heart say Edu has shone in? Mcculloch may not be everyone's idea of what makes a Rangers midfielder (not even mine if circumstances were different), but unfortunately we are in a position where we have to utilise every player we have in the best way they can be. Big Lee does a job in there, pure and simple.

He hardly did any of that, he was anonymous for long spells, Edu had a better game, and he was poor.

Tell me why McCulloch is in there ahead of Thomson, because it's certainly not down to ability or performances. Thomson get's dropped, McCulloch doesn't, even when he is one of the worst players on the park.

He was poor today along with most of the team , this is what annoys me instead of creating a topic about how poor the team was its made about how poor McCulloch was.

Its the exact same for Lafferty , if the team is poor then either McCulloch or Lafferty will get criticized and its quite pathetic.

(tu)

Completely agree.

He hardly did any of that, he was anonymous for long spells, Edu had a better game, and he was poor.

Tell me why McCulloch is in there ahead of Thomson, because it's certainly not down to ability or performances. Thomson get's dropped, McCulloch doesn't, even when he is one of the worst players on the park.

Edu never had a better game tonight, he was utterly fuckin' awful. Even barring injury I would have replaced him rather than Mcculloch. I do love it when supporters show their utter fickleness when it comes to their tagets for abuse. Is Edu bullet proof because we have set so much store in his apparent potential? He has done little to impress me in a Rangers jersey. Few players came out of tonight's debacle with any plus points. I have a feeling this will be one of those seasons where we stumble across the line. The players look fucked and well off the pace, is there anything to be gained by singling certain ones out for particular abuse at this stage?

Various threads get created after games, just so happens the likes of Lafferty, Naismith, McCulloch... are the most talked about players, as they are usually the poorest performers. Boyd is another one who get's it.

Various threads get created after games, just so happens the likes of Lafferty, Naismith, McCulloch... are the most talked about players, as they are usually the poorest performers. Boyd is another one who get's it.

Does that mean you have to agree with every bit of critisism for said players? Any fuckwit can start a thread.

Edu never had a better game tonight, he was utterly fuckin' awful. Even barring injury I would have replaced him rather than Mcculloch. I do love it when supporters show their utter fickleness when it comes to their tagets for abuse. Is Edu bullet proof because we have set so much store in his apparent potential? He has done little to impress me in a Rangers jersey. Few players came out of tonight's debacle with any plus points. I have a feeling this will be one of those seasons where we stumble across the line. The players look fucked and well off the pace, is there anything to be gained by singling certain ones out for particular abuse at this stage?

Did I say Edu had a good game?

He was shite, marginally better than McCulloch tho. I do love it when supporters just jump in, instead of actually reading threads/posts.

I'd have hooked the both of them, and they should both be dropped for the next game.

I think Edu is a good player, certainly not as good as some make him out to be. Too many expect him to do things which his game is not about.

The whole midfield were pish tonight ,

Edu - thinks he has too much time than he does, also has very poor ball control

Mcculoch - isn't a football player.

Davis - has been in exceptional form this season, but was slack tonight.

Naismith - naismith is complete pish.

Does that mean you have to agree with every bit of critisism for said players? Any fuckwit can start a thread.

I was replying to the poster who said 'this is what annoys me instead of creating a topic about how poor the team was its made about how poor McCulloch was'.

There are plenty of threads after each game stating how poor a player is, and it's not just McCulloch.

It's an internet forum, and that's just the way it goes. If you had one big thread talking about every player, then it would be a mess. Some players have a better game then others, some turn up, some don't - people like to talk about both the team, and individual performance (s).

Mculloch wont get dropped even though he is the week link in our team. Get him out of the midfield where hes taking Davis' place. Some on here have him as a legend simply cos he scored that header against celtic. Hes been consistent this season as in consistently pish! Gomis out worked both him and edu who was also very poor. Unfortunatly not a lots gonna change cos we dont look like were gonna get bought and that means another year for walter and his 'boys'

Thomson does this alot better and also does more yet gets dropped for one game yet Lee has had a good game in god knows how long yet he is probably one of the first name on the team sheet.

Did I say Edu had a good game?

He was shite, marginally better than McCulloch tho. I do love it when supporters just jump in, instead of actually reading threads/posts.

I'd have hooked the both of them, and they should both be dropped for the next game.

I think Edu is a good player, certainly not as good as some make him out to be. Too many expect him to do things which his game is not about.

You could take your last line and use it perfectly to describe Mcculloch. A guy who was signed as a wide midfielder, but who has filled in in defence and central midfield. The latter to good effect for most of his excursions there this season. Nobody said Edu had a good game, that goes without saying. For a guy his size he is powder puff, at least Mcculloch makes his presence felt in there. We are stuck with what we have in midfield for now, that isn't going to change before the end of the season. You can choose any 2 from Thomson, Edu and Mcculloch in there, none will shine particularly, but times are hard.

I was replying to the poster who said 'this is what annoys me instead of creating a topic about how poor the team was its made about how poor McCulloch was'.

There are plenty of threads after each game stating how poor a player is, and it's not just McCulloch.

It's an internet forum, and that's just the way it goes. If you had one big thread talking about every player, then it would be a mess. Some players have a better game then others, some turn up, some don't - people like to talk about both the team, and individual performance (s).

Thank you for pointing that out to me. I feel so foolish now.

Thomson does this alot better and also does more yet gets dropped for one game yet Lee has had a good game in god knows how long yet he is probably one of the first name on the team sheet.

And Edu? Where would you see his role in this grand scheme?

Thomson and Davis should be the central midfield pairing.

Thomson; a player capable of tackling, breaking up play, putting the foot in, doing the dirty work... he has positional sense, know's how to pass a ball, goes looking for it, starting off attack's, ball retention...

Davis; we all know his qualities.

There is a balanced central midfield pairing, one who can sit, mop up play, get stuck in, whilst having the ability to mix it, and play football, alongside a player who likes to get everywhere, get on the ball, drive forward, create, dictate play...

Davis is wasted out on the right, and Edu/Thomson with McCulloch, more often than not, does not work at all, and is a major reason as to why we huff, puff, and struggle for long spells of games.

I can see it, the majority of supporters can, the media can, pundits can, opposition manager's... why can't Walter Smith?

And Edu? Where would you see his role in this grand scheme?

On the bench with McCulloch ;)