Middlesbrough want Novo

Well it's from the Daily Record so don't know how much of it is true!

FORMER Celtic boss Gordon Strachan is ready to launch a summer swoop for Rangers striker Nacho Novo - and it won't cost the Middlesbrough manager a penny.

Strachan is a big admirer of the Spaniard, whose deal ends in the summer and is available on a free.

Record Sport can reveal preliminary discussions between Boro and Novo's representatives have taken place and although Rangers want to keep him, the financial restrictions at Ibrox may force the hitman to look elsewhere for security.

It is believed Rangers would offer the 31-year-old two years maximum, while Strachan will try to tempt him with a three-year deal on a far higher basic wage.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2010/04/16/middlesbrough-prepare-summer-swoop-for-rangers-striker-nacho-novo-86908-22189543/

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is believed Rangers would offer the 31-year-old two years maximum, while Strachan will try to tempt him with a three-year deal on a far higher basic wage

One man who the money isnt as important to. Hes stated before he wants a deal for 2/3 yearhail.gif

Novo might be Rangers through and through, but he's also 31 years old and not a guaranteed starter for us. If the wee man could find a club that would keep him playing regularly and setting him up financially for finishing his playing days he would go with my blessings and best wishes.

He definitely won't be a starter for us next season, and at this stage in his career, he'll want to play week in, week out. He's been a good servant for us, but I wouldn't be too unhappy at him moving on.

Novo might be Rangers through and through, but he's also 31 years old and not a guaranteed starter for us. If the wee man could find a club that would keep him playing regularly and setting him up financially for finishing his playing days he would go with my blessings and best wishes.

This.

On a free contract, I can see him going to a mid-table or lower mid-table La Liga club though.

to be honest, this guy has given so much to the club, and the guys blood runs blue just like any of ours, if he wants to go to play a few seasons of first team football, not 1 true bear would hold any grudge on him whatsoever, guy is an absolute legend and if he wants to go then i hope he gets a fucking amazing send off (tu)

Hope he leaves, he does not have the ability to be a rangers player. Most things he does that are good are lucky. The people who think he should stay because he has 5 stars tattooed to himself are silly IMO, there are better 31 year old rangers fans that go to ibrox on a saturday that have more skill than novo.

Hope he leaves, he does not have the ability to be a rangers player. Most things he does that are good are lucky. The people who think he should stay because he has 5 stars tattooed to himself are silly IMO, there are better 31 year old rangers fans that go to ibrox on a saturday that have more skill than novo.

From the man who has Lafferty in his avatar :lol:

From the man who has Lafferty in his avatar :lol:

lafferty has the ability to dance, and improve on his dancing haha. Novos 31, there is no chance of him improving unless its more tattoo's.

to describe every novo does good as lucky is a disgrace.

The amount of things he has achieved with this club dwarfs what many so called superstars have done.

pound for pound there are few better signings for us.

Agreed with this.

I hate it when everything he's done for us is described as lucky, it's so disrespectful.

i didnt say everything, i said most haha. the only goal hes scored recently which wasnt lucky was the sevilla one. the one vs hibs was ment to be a cross. and the ammount of times people say Novo got us to Manchester annoys me, he scored one goal against Panathinaikos which was kinda lucky to, he me to volley it and miss kicked it into the ground and bounced over the goalkeeper. After that game i dont recall him doing anything to get us to manchester. He may have scored the winning Penalty but im sure someone else would have too.

The amount of things he has achieved with this club dwarfs what many so called superstars have done.

Totally agree with you mate, was he lucky when it was his goal that got us into the CL group stages a few seasons ago, and was it lucky that it was him who took the final penalty under all that pressure that got us to the UEFA Cup Final?

The man has been a great Ambassador to our Club, he adores Rangers and he adores us,the fans, he deserves to be treated with the greatest respect and should he be leaving he deserves one hell of a send off by us all.

i didnt say everything, i said most haha. the only goal hes scored recently which wasnt lucky was the sevilla one. the one vs hibs was ment to be a cross. and the ammount of times people say Novo got us to Manchester annoys me, he scored one goal against Panathinaikos which was kinda lucky to, he me to volley it and miss kicked it into the ground and bounced over the goalkeeper. After that game i dont recall him doing anything to get us to manchester. He may have scored the winning Penalty but im sure someone else would have too.

I think you're underestimating the balls it took to hit that penalty.

And the goal against Sevilla wasn't lucky!

Totally agree with you mate, was he lucky when it was his goal that got us into the CL group stages a few seasons ago, and was it lucky that it was him who took the final penalty under all that pressure that got us to the UEFA Cup Final?

The man has been a great Ambassador to our Club, he adores Rangers and he adores us,the fans, he deserves to be treated with the greatest respect and should he be leaving he deserves one hell of a send off by us all.

I made a list last year of the important goals he's scored and the financial award they have brought us.

His goals have directly contributed to something like £25m worth of earning for us in his time here, you can't ignore that.

If Nacho goes in the Summer, I wish him all the best whether it be in English Championship or in La Liga.I certainly don't agree with Stu that most good things Nacho has done have been lucky.You certainly don't get to play for 6 years for Rangers and make around 200 appearances by being lucky.

He may not be the most talented player we have bought but he sure is nowhere near the worst either....and the one thing you can't say about the wee guy is that he doesn't give everything he has for our cause.