Kevin Thomson. Again.

papaguy51

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was outshone in the first half by mcculloch but was a lot better on the second and started linking up well with Davis near the end of the game when it appeared Davis had moved a bit more central

I think you were watching a different game.

Thought he did well today. Great tacking and some good passing. Definitely our best midfielder today. Still would like to see him playing alongside Davis in CM though.

Totally agree mate. Hopefully next season that's how we will start. Big Lee has done a good job for us this year imho.. but we need Davis in the middle of the park with KT alongside.

I thought Thomson was decent at best today. He had a much better second half but even at that he wasn't brilliant. McCulloch was terrible, all he did was chase shadows today. Awful performance and as usual he will walk right back into the team for the next game.

I base alot of my own game on Kevin Thomson nowadays.

Love going in for tackles.

Spread the ball around the pitch.

Have a go at goal when I'm given the opportunity.

Good left peg.

Also had my fair share of red cards. :blush:

Good overall performance by Thomson today, considering he was carrying that CM role for 2!

McCulloch was posted missing for the majority of the game.

ask the manager who the first pick defensive midfielder is and it aint thomson

McCulloch ain't in the the team for his defensive midfield displays, he's in there for his "leadership skills" and a threat from set-pieces that's all at this current time.

Nobody will deny he's a leader and a winner, but don't let that cloud any judgement about his overall midfield displays cause by far he is well below par.

Thomson was the best central midfielder in both the 1st and 2nd half and our best midfielder overall.

Bar Bougherra, he was the best player on the park, although he needs to work on his final ball, which is far too sloppy.

Thomson was the best central midfielder in both the 1st and 2nd half and our best midfielder overall.

Bar Bougherra, he was the best player on the park, although he needs to work on his final ball, which is far too sloppy.

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one.

I do not think that Thomson had a particularly good game today. I don't think that he plays well along side McCulloch, I would have preferred to have seen Edu in ahead of him.

He showed no signs of being a tenacious midfield leader today and quite often let the hearts midfield make passes to their strikers.

He has a habit of standing off players to the point where they move past him or are able to make a clear pass.

Besides his high shot in the second half he did not contribute in the attacking play at all.

I like Thomson and I want him to be a good player, I just do not think that he offers much to the midfield at present.

utterly admirable stuff, :praise: he's evidently been putting in the work with technicque which, after a solid first half, he displayed. deserved that 20 yard goal and put in a really good corner for lafferty to covert. he's a fantastic player who's worth every penny when he puts in a performance like that and, considering a few people near me thought edu should've started, he should easiliy have been motm. i've always been a fan (hence the avatar) he deserves the armband next season and he epiomized the workrate of the team today great result :happy:

enzo c, it was craig thomson that was crap lol :rolleyes: don't know what you mean, i thought it was another one of those games where he displayed why he's at the top club in scotland and why he should be 1st choice for cm with davis or edu (tu)

I thought he was average

His passing was poor at times and he and McCulloch are poor together still.

That was my impression at the game.Thomson and McCulloch are not a good midfield pairing. Thomson was offthe pace in the first half and lost possession too many times.As the game went on he seemed to get stronger and once the Hearts midfield tired and the game became more open he started to look decent.

I thought he was average

His passing was poor at times and he and McCulloch are poor together still.

This (tu), don't know why everybody's spunking their pants at his performance today

Kevin Thomson was our best player today, closely followed by Madjid Bougherra.

In the first half Thomson was the only midfielder getting on the ball and winning challenges. In the second half he controlled the midfield and was doing the job of 2 men as McCulloch yet again was poor.

Was always a good attacking player at Hibs - I feel we may have trained that out of him in his role here, but still tidy on the ball. Shame he has lost so much time to injury but he has time to develop into a top drawer player. Good today.