Kevin Thomson. Again.

papaguy51

Superb performance from Thommo again.

I think he (eventually) started proving to everyone today that he's more than just a tackler and that he's pretty gifted with a ball at his feet.

Some great flashes of skill, good delivery from set plays, good passing and a great shot off the bar.

And his tackling was terrier-like as usual.

Between him and Bougherra for MOTM, keep it up Kevin (tu)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was outshone in the first half by mcculloch but was a lot better on the second and started linking up well with Davis near the end of the game when it appeared Davis had moved a bit more central

I thought he was outshone in the first half by mcculloch but was a lot better on the second and started linking up well with Davis near the end of the game when it appeared Davis had moved a bit more central

I couldn't possibly disagree more.

But I have a dissertation to finish :anguish::anguish:

I thought it was a game of two halves for Thomson today, as it was for most of the side.

First half I thought he was poor. Had a couple of great challenges, but generally looked lost without purpose, headless chicken with Lee winning more possession, having a couple of chances on goal and just generally his positioning offering more protection for the back 4.

Second half was totally different. Thomson was clearly told to push 10 yards higher up the park from the off, even when we had the ball. Early on he over cooked a couple of passes in behind their back line, but he was unlucky, and the positive intention was there. He really got into it second half, pushing higher up actually made him and Lee look like a well balanced partnership for once and his effort on goal was tremendous.

Very pleased with him second half. I've been a big fan of his over the years, but he simply hasn't done enough to cement his place this season. More performances like his second half showing today and he'll soon be back on track to be our future captain.

I couldn't possibly disagree more.

But I have a dissertation to finish :anguish: :anguish:

Shocked I said it toobut the people around me Agreed, he lacked ideas with the ball and was lost but as I said, 2nd half much better and back to his usual self

I think our whole midfield has to push up.

Every time a ball broke in midfield in the first half, there were no Rangers midfielders within ten yards of the ball. I'd go as far as to say we lost every second ball in the first half.

Thomson apart, we hardly closed anyone down in the first period. We need to start being a bit more aggressive.

Very good performance from Thommo IMO, and he was so unlucky to not get his name on the scoresheet.I would much prefer to see him and Edu together in the Midfield but it looks like Walter prefers McCulloch in there, so I don't think Thomson and Edu will play together unless Lee is injured or suspended.

I'm with Papa. 1st half he was good, 2nd half he was great. For me today he showed how much more of a complete player he is in comparison to both Edu and McCulloch. His ability to spread the ball about is what we've lacked recently IMO.

Deserved that goal. Brilliant striker of the ball. Thought it was going in. On the replay looked like the Keeper might have got a touch?

Can't wait for the next Thommo v Keane contest. Only one winner there.

Deserved that goal. Brilliant striker of the ball. Thought it was going in. On the replay looked like the Keeper might have got a touch?

It won't even be a contest, never mind having a winner!

:pipe:

It won't even be a contest, never mind having a winner!

:pipe:

Someone has a crackin avatar of the last time these two 'met'. I'm sure you've all seen it. Put Keane right in his place.