Boyd on his future

Boab

Andrew Dickson reports from Ibrox

Kris Boyd hopes to make a decision on his Rangers future over the next two weeks - and says a successful bid to buy the club could influence what happens.

The ex-Kilmarnock hitman is out of contract and may well have played his last game for the club today against Motherwell.

An offer has been on the table from the Light Blues for some time and it goes without saying Gers fans are desperate to see Boyd remain where he is.

There has been speculation that there may be a takeover attempt made before the end of the month.

And Boyd concedes the security that would bring would play a part in him choosing what he'll do going forward.

He said: "I said at the end of the season I would make a decision and the end of the season is here now.

"Over the next couple of weeks, I will make my mind up about what is happening and we'll go forward from there.

"Whether there's a bid for the club is a factor and you never know what could happen in football.

"If something on that front happens then great and we'll see what happens. I don't need to dive into anything and I can wait until the end of the summer if need be.

"Days like this certainly whet my appetite for staying here. There are 50,000 fans jumping about like mad men and I love it."

Boyd hit his 26th goal of the season in this afternoon's 3-3 draw with the Steelmen to end his campaign on a high.

Between him and Kenny Miller, the pair have hit 47 goals this term and that's the best return since Ally McCoist and Mark Hateley's tally of 77 in 1992/93.

Boyd added: "That's something we're very proud of. The most important thing is for us to well for the team and thankfully we've done that this season.

"We'll enjoy ourselves tonight because it was great to get over the finish line a couple of weeks ago and win the championship."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100509/boyd-decision-in-two-weeks_2254024_2047477

walter has realy made me think otherwise on him leaving, i herd at the award cereomy he said that boyd will be with him next year when peter martain asked him about Boyd going. And then today he said hes not left yet hes still a rangers player.

He never really took the chance to say goodbye to the fans when presented with the opportunity so maybe he really does not know what his next step is, but Derek Ferguson was adamant this was his last game.

How can you leave the club you love when you see that support at the brox today and no disrespect but I wouldn't believe anything Derek Ferguson says we can speculate all we like but only Kris Boyd knows were his future lies. :uk:

Seems to me its all about the money for him as it is with 99% of players nowadays and im not too fussed if he stays or not tbh as he is a very average player imo and one who wouldnt be missed much, if at all, Im far more worried about losing our quality players like Bougherra,Davis,Miller,etc.

Seems to me its all about the money for him as it is with 99% of players nowadays and im not too fussed if he stays or not tbh as he is a very average player imo and one who wouldnt be missed much, if at all, Im far more worried about losing our quality players like Bougherra,Davis,Miller,etc.

(tu)

Why is he linking signing to getting a new owner? IF he wants to play for The Rangers, he should sign? This ownership angle from him pisses me off.

If you want to play of us Boydy, you know what to do.