Everyone happy if Ally were to replace Walter?

nvager

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's unfair not to give him the chance. Walter has already stated he is ready, we don't see what happens in training so who we to say he doesn't have the respect of the players.

The man gave up a lucrative TV career to answer the call to help the club and it's fans at a desperate time, don't you think the club and fans should be willing to show alittle loyallty

I think it's unfair not to give him the chance. Walter has already stated he is ready, we don't see what happens in training so who we to say he doesn't have the respect of the players.

The man gave up a lucrative TV career to answer the call to help the club and it's fans at a desperate time, don't you think the club and fans should be willing to show alittle loyallty

Sentimentality should play no part in the decision. We should employ the best man for the job. Hopefully, it will be someone with previous experience as the one who makes the final decision. If Ally wants to try his hand at management, fine. If he is a success elsewhere, he would be able to return at a later date.

Yes he should. The only way to see if he is ready is to give him a chance.

As Mowbray has proved, although in a different type of situation, you cannot afford to take that kind of risk.

every new manager is going to be a risk personally i thought plg was going to be the manager to take us to the next level got that wrong

if walter thinks allys got what it takes to become the next manager ill go along with his judgement

I think he is too close to the players and does not have the aura of authority which I believe is the reason for the performances when he has been in charge for the cup games.The difference in performance when Walter comes to the dugout area is very apparent.

A manager cannot be one of the boys one day acting the clown,going to the races etc and the next day expect total respect, complete attention,and acceptance of authority and discipline with no back chat--- the Fleck scenario for example.

I think it would be better for another team to be his experiment and if he proves he can cut it in management he can then be considered by Rangers.

john greig comes to mind .

100% Ally M'Coist for next manager.

The guy has done everything to be given the chance and it would be a massive slap in the face if he didn't get the opportunity.

He's done everything eh? Walter has afforded him the opportunity to show how he manages things in Scottish Cup,and league cup ties,

and we seem to struggle in these games.Most of these games have either went to replays(which we definitely did not want)

Or manage to just scramble a win,and don't forget Lennon is a great guy. :rolleyes: Ally for boss (td)

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I thought he would have more support. Some of the Cup teams he had were full of reserves and youngsters so that comparison is not all that fair.

I think there would be no shortage of candidates, but let's hope Walter stays on.

The guy from Unirea comes to mind too.

Celtic too will have no shortage of candidates.

Dan Petrescu?

He's away in Russia now, albeit with a small team.

hopefully walter will stay but if not then why not hes learned from the master and it was ally who won us the cups as apparently he picked the teams & gave the team talks etc so a yes from me for super ally :21::clap::wink:

hopefully walter will stay but if not then why not hes learned from the master and it was ally who won us the cups as apparently he picked the teams & gave the team talks etc so a yes from me for super ally :21::clap::wink:

I haven't been impressed with McCoist's performances in the cups at all.

We've been taken to the limit by average teams like St Johnstone, Queen Of The Shouth, Partick, St Mirren & Hamilton.

And without Smith's intervention I think we would be two, maybe three trophies worse off than we are now too.