Gerrard or Gascoigne

Who was better in their prime?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better in their prime?

• Paul Gascoigne
    • Steven Gerrard

<cr>

WOW, I'm shocked by a lot of these opinions. Has anyone actually been watching Gerrard play over the last 10 years, easily been one of the best midfielders in the world - although had his worst season by miles this year so maybe people just have short memories.

I would say they are both exceptional players with very little between them. For raw ability, Gazza would probably edge it but I would say Gerrard has performed better and more consitently over his career.

EDIT: Just noticed the poll is asking who was better 'in their prime' in which case I would vote Gazza but only just!

Gerrard is great player... but Gascoigne was a genius!

The man is a living legend!

No denying Gazza was a genius, I was just shocked at how many people think Gazza was light years ahead of Gerrard! A case of blue tinted specs or perhaps because Gerrard is a scouse c*nt?? Both world-class players at their best.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<cr>

WOW, I'm shocked by a lot of these opinions. Has anyone actually been watching Gerrard play over the last 10 years, easily been one of the best midfielders in the world - although had his worst season by miles this year so maybe people just have short memories.

I would say they are both exceptional players with very little between them. For raw ability, Gazza would probably edge it but I would say Gerrard has performed better and more consitently over his career.

EDIT: Just noticed the poll is asking who was better 'in their prime' in which case I would vote Gazza but only just!

Gerrard is great player... but Gascoigne was a genius!

The man is a living legend!

No denying Gazza was a genius, I was just shocked at how many people think Gazza was light years ahead of Gerrard! A case of blue tinted specs or perhaps because Gerrard is a scouse c*nt?? Both world-class players at their best.

Gazza could take a game by the scruff of the neck... (Although I do remember Gerrard doing that in CL Final)

But on his day Gazza could control any game

Gazza without a doubt. Ive only seen video footage of Gazza but that is enough for me to vote for him.

Gerrard is a dirty cheating bhead rhattling bastard.

u would hav loved seein gazza mate he won us the 8th title of 9in a row almost single handedly a true legend :praise:

Gazza is one of few British midfielders who could have slotted into and enhanced any team in the world. In terms of his football brain and natural ability he is light years ahead of Gerrard.

Gerrard is basically and athlete with a great shot imo. When a game becomes frantic and play is end to end he shines because he has great energy and pace but in a more tactical game based on possession he is actually very average as his passing is not great and he doesn't have the discipline on or off the ball that the likes of Xavi and Alonso have.

Gerrard's far to overrated IMO, Gazza was an absolute GENIUS on the park and could produce special moments out of nowhere, where as Gerrard will score from long range and suddenly be the best in the world because of it.

like it or not, gerrard is far over-rated. yes he has a cracking shot, but for every wonder goal you see from him, does anyone notice hoe many end up in row Z? likewise with his long-range passes. furthermore, i dont rate any player who dives and goes out their way to get a player carded or sent off - or crouds around the referee pressurising them.

for the reasons that i strongly dislike gerrard, as a player at least, this one was easy for me

gerrard is a dirty F*nian bhastard :sherlock:

No he's not

Oh yes he is

Gerrard attended the Cardinal Heenan Catholic high school in West Derby, Liverpool.

Him, Carragher, rooney etc all 2nd generation taigs ! :sherlock:

i'll let rooney off though, he probably thought he was going to a soft play area

like it or not, gerrard is far over-rated. yes he has a cracking shot, but for every wonder goal you see from him, does anyone notice hoe many end up in row Z? likewise with his long-range passes. furthermore, i dont rate any player who dives and goes out their way to get a player carded or sent off - or crouds around the referee pressurising them.

for the reasons that i strongly dislike gerrard, as a player at least, this one was easy for me

Gerrard is not over-rated. I don't know who you're watching but the majortiy of Gerrards shot's are on target and his long pass accruacy is incredible. C'mon, see past the hate!