Final England Squad

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the final 23 been announced for definate yet? Kinda shocked that Walcott is not going, would rather SWP had been dropped. Walcott is overated but as a sub he could have been effective. Knew Joe Cole would go after he came on against Japan that cross that resulted in the goal booked his seat on the plane. Agree with Muirhouse Carra should not have been recalled, he is past his best and had a disapointing season for Liverpool, after quitting International football and then the things he said on the radio phone in and also his book he should never have been recalled <cr>

Has the final 23 been announced for definate yet? Kinda shocked that Walcott is not going, would rather SWP had been dropped. Walcott is overated but as a sub he could have been effective. Knew Joe Cole would go after he came on against Japan that cross that resulted in the goal booked his seat on the plane. Agree with Muirhouse Carra should not have been recalled, he is past his best and had a disapointing season for Liverpool, after quitting International football and then the things he said on the radio phone in and also his book he should never have been recalled <cr>

Nope, this is all just according to Sky sources, but, they are never wrong.

Talk of Dawson in, instead of Ledley King.

i dont know what to think of this. Ledley King on his day is the best player in the premiership but hes always injured. Dawson has been excellent this season but is he as good as King?

Am I the only one who thing Joe Cole is very overated?

Yes.

I doubt that but I really dont see the fuss about him. What has he done this season that merits a place in the squad?

Capello did say he would be picking players on form which he obv isnt as Bent isnt going and Zamora wasnt even considered.

Invalid argument. Bobby Zamora called Fabio and told him not to consider him for the squad because he picked up an injury.

Joe Cole showed at the weekend he is brilliant technically which England need and he showed that he is pacey skillful decent cross and can score goals.

IMO Joe Cole should be starting every game, as he would have with Chelsea this season had he not been injured.

That explains that for me then. I never knew this and couldnt work out why he wasnt considered.

So because Cole played well at the weekend means he should be going?

Bent played well all season and isnt going. Dawson for me was probably the one if not the best CB in England last season and looks unlikely to go aswell.

I just don't see what Cole has done to justify a place in the team.

Joe Cole changed the game against Japan though.

I dont tihnk Bent quite has that edge about him to cut it at the international game but i agree with you on your point about Dawson. Carragher will probably go and im a Liverpool fan and having watched him this season he should be no where near that plane.

He hardly changed the game. 2 own goals ended up gifting England the win. They didnt perform well at all.

Everyone has a different view. Mines is that I just dont think he has done enough to show that he should be there but with all the hype surrounding him then hopefuly he goes and plays well.

i dont know what to think of this. Ledley King on his day is the best player in the premiership but hes always injured. Dawson has been excellent this season but is he as good as King?

On paper, for me Dawson would be the safer option. But when you look at his experience - none - then it's always gonna be a risk. But similarly, it would also be a risk taking someone as injury prone as King.

Capello doh.

Heskey, Carragher, Barry :anguish:

If only Zamora was fit and Capello should have tried harder to convince Scholes to come out of retirement.

Fuck that.

Fuck nothin...

R u trying to say you would rather have huddlestone, parker, carrick, barry ahead of scholes?

MEGA FACEPALM!

King has suddenly got so overrated this season. Aye, he's a top class defender and I've got a lot of respect for him because of his injury problems yet he still plays so many games a season without training, but people are making out he's England's messiah now.

David James, Joe Hart, Robert Green

Glen Johnson, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines, Michael Dawson, Ledley King, Jamie Carragher

Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, James Milner, Aaron Lennon, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Adam Johnson, Gareth Barry

Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch, Darren Bent

That would be my 23 man squad.

The FA have made an absolute fucking pigs ear of this.

Apparently Walcott found out on the golf course - I didn't expect this level of disorganisation from a Capello-led side.

you sound a bit upset cheif,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh non don't tell me you're supporting england are ya? doh

Don't tell me you are supporting Algeria are you chief? :craphead:

Apparently Walcott found out on the golf course - I didn't expect this level of disorganisation from a Capello-led side.

Was Capello not phoning them all?

No Walcott. Get it right up you, you rodent-looking fuck. Leighton Baines omission was a wee bit of a shock, Warnock looks like he's going despite not starting either friendly. Odd.

I'm glad to see that Joe Cole made the squad, I rate him. He's had a tough time of it with injury.