Final England Squad

England have qualified for the WC with ease, whilst scoring a lot of goals and playing good football. Heskey was part of that team, and it was obvious he was going to be picked.

Capello said he would pick players on form, but perhaps that was just motivation and at the end of the day, he has to pick the players that will be best for the TEAM. If you look at Rooneys goalscoring record when Heskey is in the team and compare it to when he is not in the team, perhaps the decision will make more sense (tu). Also, Rooney and Bent as a partnership looked awful.

Overall, I agree with what people are saying - the England squad looks weaker than normal and outwidth people like Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney there are a lot of inexperience and mediocre players.

Wouldn't be suprised to see them go out in their usual Quarter Finals position. However, one thing I think they have on their side that they haven't had since Bobby Robson is a great manager, so for that reason I think they still have a chance.

The team will be:

Green

Johnson Terry Ferdinand Cole

Lennon Barry Lampard Gerrard

Rooney Heskey

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Bent must be raging 3rd highest EPL top scorer this season.

2 goals behind Rooney!

6 more than defoe!

17 more than crouch!

21 more than heskey!

Agreed

heskeys involvement is a joke.

Leaving walcott out is a joke too

Some amazing decisions from Capello.

The England squad's motto should be 'jobs for the boys', how Dawson and Bent didn't get in before old favourites like Heskey and Upson is beyond me.

Got to say, I just don't understand the Carragher decision.

The guy bailed on England for the whole qualifying campaign and then suddenly Capello goes cap in hand to him to recruit him to squad for the World Cup. It's not like he's had a good season, he's in a serious decline. Just don't get how he can be in the squad ahead of Dawson.

If he's the back-up right back, I still don't understand it.. Gary Neville should have been in there. I'd even argue he should be the starting right back.

On the squad itself, I wouldn't have taken Wright-Phillips. I'm not sure I'd have taken Walcott either, I would have taken Adam Johnson though. Heskey is to Capello what McCulloch is to Walter, Bent should have been in there. I don't rate Defoe any higher than Bent, personally. He's very hot and cold and very rarely contributes anything against the big teams in the EPL, while Bent has.

Capello's won 18 out of 24 matches with England. They were one of the first to qualify for South Africa. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Would swap Dawson for Upson though. :pipe:

Still think England have a chance.

I find it quite funny that because Heskey was choosen over Bent, some people are now saying England won't win it. They could have taken Marlon Harewood instead of Heskey and Bent, either way they're not going to featured in the tournament. Rooney is first choice striker and I can't see Capello going into the first game with two strikers. Second half against Japan, England went Joe Cole behind Rooney, an option which will make England alot stronger as a unit. If England do go with two upfront, that place next to Rooney will go to Peter Crouch. Someone who has a fantastic international record.

England will line-up like this;

Green/Hart

Johnson Ferdinand Terry A.Cole

Barry Lampard

Lennon J.Cole/Gerrard J.Cole/Milner/Gerrard

Rooney

or;

Green/Hart

Johnson Ferdinand Terry A.Cole

Lennon Barry Lampard Gerrard

Rooney Crouch

Heskey and Upson won't get near the side unless they are alot of injuries and suspensions.

I disagree with some selections but agree with others but however can understand why Fabio made some of them.

Fabio does have a loyalty to players and I think that's maybe why Upson is in their as he played in the qualifiers, SWP is I disagreed with but he always gives England a good turn though I instead I would have had Adam Johnson in there (reminds of me of Fabio signing Panucci during his club career. Infact, there's credence I think to suggest Upson wasn't needed as cover at all (with Carragher there and also 4 other centre-backs) and have an another attacking player in there like an Adam Johnson or Bent.

I'd rather support England than Algeria. :sherlock:

ummmmm,why m'i not surprised?you still BOW down to H.M......you've no other choice have ya? ;)

I don't know what the French taught you, but here we bow to our rightful Monarch. :wink:

I don't know what the French taught you....

they taught us REBELLION AND MARTYRDOM......something very rare these days :D:D:D

they taught use how to surrender very easily im guessing too, getting raped of R.O.I Is embarrassing :anguish:

Joe Cole Overated :anguish: a fine fine talent, one who has put in alot of work to get where he is and i think he could be key to england's success if he plays.

Barry is overated IMO :BELM::belm:

I don't know what the French taught you....

they taught us REBELLION AND MARTYRDOM......something very rare these days :D:D:D

they taught use how to surrender very easily im guessing too, getting raped of R.O.I Is embarrassing :anguish:

:lol:

Gareth Barry is tremendously overrated, what does he do in a game ?. Joe cole is also overrated, he was good when he was younger but now he's like a horse attempting to swim in the deep end of a pool. Heskey over Bent <cr> WTF ?.