Bougherra says injury woes now a distant memory

looking forward to seeing him in the World Cup

prob won't be with us next season especially if he does really well

Madjid Bougherra is putting his nightmare season behind him, viewing it as a distant “bad memory” as he returns to normal training with his national side ahead of the World Cup.

The Rangers centre-back, who suffered a torn calf after a string of other injuries throughout the season at Ibrox, joined team-mates Hassan Yebda and Carl Medjani on Wednesday as the trio resumed regular training with the rest of the squad in Germany.

Speaking to www.competition.dz about his return to the training ground, he said: "I did not feel any pain. I trained normally as I always would with the team.

"I'm ready for competition again, but I will not take any chances. My injury is a bad memory. Most importantly, I'm ready to play again."

Bougherra was unable to play for his home nation in their previous warm-up game against the Republic of Ireland – a match they lost 3-0 – but says he half expects to play some part in Saturday’s final friendly against the United Arab Emirates and is hopeful he will be back to full health and make Algeria’s opening World Cup fixture against Slovenia.

Looking to the future, Bougherra insists his team can move forwards and learn from the mistakes of their last friendly: "It was a warm-up game. Forget the loss and think only of what awaits us in the coming days.

"The meeting with Ireland is a lesson for us. It taught us some important lessons and we will do everything to prepare for the World Cup.

He added: "What counts most for us is that it will help us rectify some of the problems we may have been having and prepare even better for this World Cup."

Last updated: 02 June 2010, 23:

STV

I hope the Boughie man has a brilliant world cup and everybody raves about him.The way I see it is this. If he has a blinder of a World Cup and big clubs come calling, then we get a lot of needed cash to boost our squad.If not, then he will stay at Ibrox a lot longer, so no matter what happens we are in a win/win situation.(tu)

dont think he will be here come September 1st

hope he is, really hope he is, but cant see it

8million and he will be away

fuck, knowing bain as we do, 5million and we would probably sell him!

Bougherra and Webster would be very strong together

Id prefer if he stayed.

I realize he is a valuable asset, but even Walter Smith cant keep finding these talented centre halfs and turning them into stars.

He will be a big loss IMO.

100 per cent fit,cheers

And boughyman you do know England will absolutely destroy Algeria in the WC dont you? :)

do you have to remind you git? dohdoh

weel i can always dream can't i?

ohhhh by the way,the german use to say that to us in the 1982 world cup,and we're talking ruminigue,steilike,magath,schumacher,briegel,hrubesh,foster....etc

how did it end? :P

If Algeria get fcuked in the first game, thats saying he's picked for the first game, the injury or injuries will suddenly appear again, don't think he's quite sure whether is one injury or more ! :sherlock:

This (tu), so he can go blameless for the rest of the tournament.

Am I alone in thinking if Bougy stays it will be cos nobody makes a bid for him, and his "injury" will reappear.

He always seems to get better when Algeria have a game on.

I think he's a great player but his attitude sucks.

100 per cent fit,cheers

And boughyman you do know England will absolutely destroy Algeria in the WC dont you? :)

do you have to remind you git? dohdoh

weel i can always dream can't i?

ohhhh by the way,the german use to say that to us in the 1982 world cup,and we're talking ruminigue,steilike,magath,schumacher,briegel,hrubesh,foster....etc

how did it end? :P

It ended with Algeria getting eliminated at the group stage and West Germany reaching the final. Prost!

It ended with Algeria getting eliminated at the group stage and West Germany reaching the final. Prost!

after a conspiracy between the germans and the austrians.we finished with 6 points,but fifa let us play the third game first to see the result,and all germany and austria had to do was germany to win by 1/0 and the 2 brothers will go through togever TOSSERS,thus fifa changed the rules,all games will play at the same time.

see,i'll educate you son :)

after a conspiracy between the germans and the austrians.we finished with 6 points,but fifa let us play the third game first to see the result,and all germany and austria had to do was germany to win by 1/0 and the 2 brothers will go through togever TOSSERS,thus fifa changed the rules,all games will play at the same time.

see,i'll educate you son :)

I'm well aware of the circumstances behind it, thanks. As for the FIFA conspiracy, the games are scheduled many months in advance.

You still finished third. :-D

dont think he will be here come September 1st

hope he is, really hope he is, but cant see it

8million and he will be away

fuck, knowing bain as we do, 5million and we would probably sell him!

Bougherra and Webster would be very strong together

God! do you ever make some stupid statements. <cr>