Man City Release Martin Petrov

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bring him in on 40,000 per week wages would be really short-sighted. We'd only get a couple of seasons out of him, and we'd struggle to make any money on him.

I think that if 90% of the positive news is to be believed, as well as the money we'll get from a the sale of Bougherra which is imminent, maybe we can afford one signing of that ilk.

Sorting our left wing problem with Martin Petrov would be erotic.

I agree he's a great player I just have my pessimistic hat on :pipe:

As for all this positive news, my internet hasn't worked for a few days so Im unaware of the complete up to date situation. I only found out that Novo had left when I saw the front page of the Daily Record on monday!

Anyway if Bougherra leaves, surely we would need a new CB?

To bring him in on 40,000 per week wages would be really short-sighted. We'd only get a couple of seasons out of him, and we'd struggle to make any money on him.

I think that if 90% of the positive news is to be believed, as well as the money we'll get from a the sale of Bougherra which is imminent, maybe we can afford one signing of that ilk.

As for all this positive news, my internet hasn't worked for a few days so Im unaware of the complete up to date situation. I only found out that Novo had left when I saw the front page of the Daily Record on monday!

Maybe they see Webster as Bougherra's replacement? If so, that would stupid given his history with injuries.

Would like him to sign. But I think 40k is far too much when we could get the likes of Ledley from Cardiff for around 25k, who has a good future ahead of him and could make us a good profit if we sell.

Maybe they see Webster as Bougherra's replacement? If so, that would stupid given his history with injuries.

Or maybe Smith wants to keep the status quo and replace a player that can only play 19 games a year with another player....that can only play 19 games a year :pipe:

I can't see us offering ANY player more than about £25k to be honest. If we managed to convince Petrov to come for that (unbelievably unlikely) I think it would be the best signing the SPL has seen in years. The guy is absolutely quality and would rip the SPL to shreds, as well as making a huge difference in the Champions League.

I agree he's a great player I just have my pessimistic hat on pipeb.gif

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. We'd then be asking Davie Weir to play every game again this season. Not ideal imo.

Silly season is up and running.His wages alone would take up 12.5% of our total "agreed wage bill" not to mention blowing our player wage threshold. In the real world he would never come to the spl(and please nobody come out with the Champions League nonsense).

Imagine if we sign both him and Ledley.

Our midfield 4 could be...

Petrov Davis Edu Ledley

:drool::drool::drool:

Key word in the post is imagine though :( but don't give up hope!

thomson would be in there ahead of edu. Also ledley is also a left sided player...

Probably, i'm hoping to see one of them partner Davis in CM. Davis can dominate while Thomson/Edu break up play and keep the back 4 steady.

31, struggling with injuries and 40k a week...........on the other hand, an excellent player with all the attributes we are missing. I'd be excited if he came, would be a class apart in the SPL.

Imagine if we sign both him and Ledley.

Our midfield 4 could be...

Petrov Davis Edu Ledley

:drool::drool::drool:

Key word in the post is imagine though :( but don't give up hope!

You are missing, in my eyes, our best centre-mid there....Kevin Thomson.

Everyone said keane would tear teams apart but did he ? :pipe: I would like to see petrov at Rangers but players who come with a big name often fail in the SPL :anguish: