Old Firm match on the 40th Anniversary of the Ibrox Disaster?

The SPL fixture list for 2010/11 released today has sprung up many interesting ties, none more so than the first match of 2011 – the World Record holding 53rd league championship winners against ... them.

View the full article

A minutes silence is the only way to respect the tragic loss of those 66 tragic individuals. I have no doubt that the vast majority of Celtic fans would do the same. It's the idiotic minority I have my doubts over

Oh God, another one of these one-upmanship minutes silence contests

Never mind what their reaction will be, Use the minute to silently reflect on the tragic loss of 66 lives with dignity and respect

Agreed, which is just what the article says. (tu)

If they held a silence for a disaster involving deaths of their fans, I sure as hell would respect it and be deadly silent and I would like to think 99% of them will do the same.

If they don't respect it, let us not boo them or take notice whatsoever.

Some Celtic fans will shout IRA or some other shite and hopefully get lynched by Celtic fans who have decency and whose friends or family members are mourning what happened that awful awful day

Majority will observe it ,i have no doubt about that

Some Celtic fans will shout IRA or some other shite and hopefully get lynched by Celtic fans who have decency and whose friends or family members are mourning what happened that awful awful day

Majority will observe it ,i have no doubt about that

Who cares what some Celtic fans do. Who cares what all Celtic fans do. Who cares what the folk amongst our support that end up shouting back as those disrupting a silence do. As TravelingWilBEARy says the minutes silence is for remembrance of the 66 people who lost their lives that day, and all those who were affected by it. It's not a show of our fans are more dignified than yours, its a time for personal reflection.

Yeah id expect the majority of celtic fans to respect it. What really annoyed me about the gerry neef minutes silence was that some idiots in the rangers crowd reacted to the shouting from the celtic end by booing and shouting back! Unbelievable.

i cant believe some people actually think that they will respect those who lost their lives.

they have songs about the ibrox disaster, and have plenty of sick jokes about it. just like the minute silence last season, they will show themselves up for the scum that they are..............

i cant believe some people actually think that they will respect those who lost their lives.

they have songs about the ibrox disaster, and have plenty of sick jokes about it. just like the minute silence last season, they will show themselves up for the scum that they are..............

Never mind them

All we can do is appeal to bears to respect the silence (which they will) and not react to any provokation (I'm not so sure).

If the scum disgrace themselves that's nothing new, but frankly I'd rather we weren't playing them on that day, it does not serve the memory of our absent friends for there to be any sort of misbehaviour, whoever is responsible.

No it happened on the 2nd of January this game will be on New Year's Day plus they won't hold a minutes silence and they never will it's just childish if you ask me and if they call it points scoring they will be scummiest of scum and none of the minutes applause this sort of event is not to be applauded a minutes silence is the only to respect the lives of the people who died in the disaster. They never held it in this video so i don't expect it to happen next season either.

RIP 66

Ban the away fans and there is no issues. (tu)

dont know if your fishing mate but i could never agree to this

as much as i detest these cnuts old firm games need away fans to generate the special atomesphere

last time we banned them the atomesphere was as flat as amanda holdens chest