what % of celtic fans are protestant?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those that are trying to imply anything....what can i say?I dont know,because i dont know if you are implying i am talking rubbish or that i am a Celtic fan!Yes,i know....both you cry.....BORING!Well,technically we may have had a catholic a long time ago,but that is a pointless point,as you know fine what i mean.Mo Johnston was our first in modern times.

What i meant by the rest of my point was that not everyone that follows football has an equal interest in the religious politics.It is quite obvious that many Rangers fans are obsessed with NI and Orange and FTP etc,but what you guys dont seem to accept,is that there are many Rangers fans that really dont care about all that.Yes,i am the proverbial 90 minute bigot,but i have mates that are tims,and they are the same as me,inasmuch as they are easily riled by bigots from the other side,but are ok with the average non bigot fan.It seems in here sometimes,that unless you shout FUCK THE POPE AND THE IRA,and display all the anti-catholic and pro Orange stuff,then you arent a proper Rangers fan.Just so you know guys,there are at least as many of us as there are of you,and you are no more a true Rangers fan than me because you display all your flags and anti-flags.

PS,i dont believe the Glasgow city council thing.I am not saying there arent any,but i could count on one hand the amount of catholics i have met in my lifetime that support Rangers,and i am nearing 50.

I am as well to clear everything up while i am at it.To save any confusion.No i couldnt give shit about the queen or the royal family,but i dont personally hate them either,but i will NEVER sing god save the queen,unless it is by the Sex Pistols.I have as much contempt for one religion as another,although the usual anti catholic stuff does come out my mouth during old firm games.I do hate the pope,but only because of the anti gay,anti abortion,anti divorce,anti contraception stuff,not specifically any more than i hate the head of the muslims of any other religious cunt that tries to dictate to people what or how they should conduct their lives.

Now i have all my opinions out in the open,maybe i'll be allowed to just support Rangers!

I think because of the poor education system in this country and the hidden persuaders in popular culture there is a lot of ignorance about the role the royal family plays in guaranteeing that we live in a Protestant state ... and the many benefits that brings.

I think the problem is we have just had it so good for so long in this country that we don't realise the value of what we have.

This is going off topic now,but regarding the education thing,i think one of the main problems is the fact that we have catholic schools.Kids are separated at 5,and that is it.Bingo.There should be no religion in school,like they have in France.Even the muslims are looking for separate schools now.

what % of our fans are Catholics :pipe:

There was a survey by Glasgow City Council a few years ago that stated that 5% of Celtic fans were Protestant, with 6% of Rangers fans being Roman Catholic.

i could quite believe tht btw. I know a Rangers fan who goes to Mass every Sunday and hates everything about C*ltic.

I am not sure i understand exactly what you mean.I dont really mind the royal family,they bring in the money,but i dont get the Protestant state thing.

Is this cunt not getting banned OMG

talk about it walking passed you and you didn't notice.

footballs about footbal shouldnt matter what religion u r tbh

What a ridiculous suggestion.

Catholic schooling is woeful. Some can not even spell football correctly twice in the one sentence 10310.gif

footballs about footbal shouldnt matter what religion u r tbh

What a ridiculous suggestion.

Catholic schooling is woeful. Some can not even spell football correctly twice in the one sentence 10310.gif

And insist on writing in text language, fucking shambles.

If you were a 'practising' protestant, i.e you attended a presbyterian church and had some knowledge of what it means to follow teachings of Knox, Luther or Calvin then frankly your judgement would be much better than to support celtic. Your moral compass would not direct you to celtic park to associate with anti-protestant catholic bigots!!!

In all seriouness it's pretty sad that it's even an issue, football is football and religion is religion. People who are actually protestant or catholic should be christians and therefore should understand that their faith has nothing to do with men kicking a ball around.

Too many people who watch celtic and also sadly Rangers define themselves as protestant or catholic based on what team they support or what school they went to. In truth they are only nominally protestant or catholic and in reality many will be more atheist than anything else.

If you were a 'practising' protestant, i.e you attended a presbyterian church and had some knowledge of what it means to follow teachings of Knox, Luther or Calvin then frankly your judgement would be much better than to support celtic. Your moral compass would not direct you to celtic park to associate with anti-protestant catholic bigots.

Well said that man.

No Surrender :sherlock:

I don't really care what % of Celtic fans are Protestant. Nor do I care which % of Rangers fans are Catholic. I know a Catholic Rangers fan myself. Does it make him any less of a bluenose? Does it hell. I don't support Rangers because I'm a protestant and hate all Catholics, I support Rangers as I was brought up in a Rangers supporting family and I love everything about the club, including its history and traditions.

I don't really care what % of Celtic fans are Protestant. Nor do I care which % of Rangers fans are Catholic. I know a Catholic Rangers fan myself. Does it make him any less of a bluenose? Does it hell. I don't support Rangers because I'm a protestant and hate all Catholics, I support Rangers as I was brought up in a Rangers supporting family and I love everything about the club, including its history and traditions.

Except the fact they are the Protestant club? :sherlock:

Including that fact. I was simply stating that I love the Rangers more than I hate the Celtic, and my motivation for following Rangers isn't that I hate Catholics.

Including that fact. I was simply stating that I love the Rangers more than I hate the Celtic, and my motivation for following Rangers isn't that I hate Catholics.

I see.

You hate catholics though, yes? :sherlock: