Here's an idea

johnnymack

All so called supporters of Rangers FOOTBALL Club who are intent on mixing sectarianism with sport should take a leaf out of Man U’s book and form a new club fully supporting whatever aims they believe in and they can then sing anything they like.

I am sick of this utter pish defence argument of “traditionâ€. Just because it has been done for a long time doesn’t make it right. Should the terrorist organisations argue that they’ve always killed and maimed so it should be OK to continue. Imagine if that was Timmy’s defence to continue singing terrorist supporting songs, we just wouldn’t accept it. We will always be proud of our origins but some of our so called traditions are totally unacceptable in the 21st Century and I fear for our future as a club unless we take swift action to remedy the situation.

Those pursuant of the “traditions†argument really do need to go and form a new club - perhaps based in Belfast??

If this makes me a handwringer then I'll go get the Aloe Vera out!!!!

And what of our supporters who happy to embrace those traditions whilst steadfastly rejecting and challenging sectarianism ?

D'Artagnan - It's those who consider traditions of sectarianism to be acceptable that I am referring to. Apologies if I did not make that clear

• 1 month later...
And what of our supporters who happy to embrace those traditions whilst steadfastly rejecting and challenging sectarianism ?

D'Artagnan - It's those who consider traditions of sectarianism to be acceptable that I am referring to. Apologies if I did not make that clear

What songs are you referring to be as sectarian??

As for your Man United comment they were formed by supporters who didnt want the Glazers to take over at Old Trafford. Wimbledon fans done it aswell as they didnt want Wimbledons name to be changed to Mk Dons or for the team to move to Milton Keynes

All so called supporters of Rangers FOOTBALL Club who are intent on mixing sectarianism with sport should take a leaf out of Man U’s book and form a new club fully supporting whatever aims they believe in and they can then sing anything they like.

I am sick of this utter pish defence argument of “traditionâ€. Just because it has been done for a long time doesn’t make it right. Should the terrorist organisations argue that they’ve always killed and maimed so it should be OK to continue. Imagine if that was Timmy’s defence to continue singing terrorist supporting songs, we just wouldn’t accept it. We will always be proud of our origins but some of our so called traditions are totally unacceptable in the 21st Century and I fear for our future as a club unless we take swift action to remedy the situation.

Those pursuant of the “traditions†argument really do need to go and form a new club - perhaps based in Belfast??

If this makes me a handwringer then I'll go get the Aloe Vera out!!!!

i think you will find the songs that you are on about are not sung anymore so what songs are you on about.