OF -- A laughing stock?

cooper1989

I just posted this on the KT thread -- but it deserves its own thread.

M'Boro are now essentially an OF squad -- and not rejects either btw.

My original post:

I will say this... In a sense.. M'Boro are a reflection on how well the OF would do down south? They better get promoted and Boyd better score 30 goals.

Otherwise... the OF 'proper' will be looked upon as pure and utter shite.

I really think this to be true.

Am I crazy? I don't think so.

Boyds signed for two years so I hope he has a good season boro dont get promotion the. For him to shit on them and move to newcastle after buying out his contract, strachan to get sacked and boro to go into admin and KT to be offered back to us for 500k and we tell em to piss off!

You have a point and it would probably reflect quite poorly on the OF and Scottish game in general if Boro were to finish mid table in the Championship but I am confident that they will at very least make the play offs and TBH I actually think they will win the league. :beer1:

Having said all that - whatever happens with this unusual group of ex OF players down there I believe The SPL is a harder league to win than the Championship and as long as Rangers win the SPL I won't be losing any sleep over Boros performance in their league this season :wink:

I guess you have a valid point to a certain degree,cooper1989, but it is only to a certain degree.

The success or failure of Boyd & Thomson will all be down to the team selection of that wee crunt Chesney.If he picks a tactical formation that will play directly to the strengths of these two guys and whoever else he has that are quality players (and I don't count any of his ex mhank signings in that group)then they have a good chance of success in that overrated league.

I am also not convinced that Boyd and Scott McDonald can play in the same formation,and to be quite honest, I'd rather have McDonald in my team than Boyd when playing in that League.

In the end product, I couldn't really give a fuck what happens to Boyd,Thomson or any of the ex-OF players,nor what happens to Chesney's team to be honest....and let's face it mate; the SPL is a joke in most English supporters eyes anyway.:sherlock:

I think it is a bit more complicated than just taking some OF players and putting them in a different team as there are many factors that would be missing. 50,000 Bears and Ibrox are a couple that spring to mind.

We all seen in the last month how the cream of English football perform on the world stage, four games and only one v quality opposition, a game in which they were humiliated.

But hey thats all forgotten about now and if a book was opened for the European championship today they would be right up there with the favourites, and sky will continue their "EPLs best" brainwashing relentlessly, our football is regarded as shite by most of them, even if they have never even seen a game because thats what they think in the herd mentality eg paddies thick, Welsh shag sheep and Scots are mean, its the way they are and will never change, i've lived in England for 20+ years and the knowledgeable football ones are few and far between.

Charlie Adam being a prime example of how a player hardly rated in The SPL can be a total standout in the ahem "2nd best league in the world" for the record i never rated Thomson as a player that highly and Boyd goals and all was a moody fucker but i bet they shine amongst that pile of poo.

Boyds signed for two years so I hope he has a good season boro dont get promotion the. For him to shit on them and move to newcastle after buying out his contract, strachan to get sacked and boro to go into admin and KT to be offered back to us for 500k and we tell em to piss off!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Going by that logic, the OF must be seen as amazing down south as Blackpool made it to the big league beyond all the odds because of Charles Adam esq, and Stephen Crainey. Pipping Cardiff, with McCormack, Rae and Burke, to promotion.

Personally, I don't think anyone south of Carlisle even gave it a thought, but whatever floats your boat ;)

This is getting boring. Who the fuck cares what Middlesbrough do or what they win? I personally couldn't give a shit. If anyone thinks that if Middlesbrough wins the championship then Rangers and Celtic will get praise is very deluded.

Those players signed for money. They don't deserve to win anything. They'll be so shite they likely won't even be considered for the national team.

dont buy that, any player from the darkside there now most likely seen sence and knew it was a step up, on the other hand thommo wasnt the case i believe and you cant blame boyd, he has achieved here and dont use the excuse he would get champions league footy and all that cause he wouldnt, good luck to all from our side