Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

We need players in before the season starts on Saturday and it looks like we'll get that with Smith and Beattie. However, we have until the end of August to tie up Jelavic. Are Vienna slowing it down to play him v Aston Villa or is he holding back to see if a Prem team makes a bid. No Prem team has made a serious bid yet and if that doesn't happen I believe he will sign before the transfer window shuts. Just look how long the Naismith, Ferguson transfers took before going through.

Fcuk me the CR9 transfer to R.Madrid took 18 months :lol:

And we're still waiting to conclude deals for Robbie Fowler and Alan Smith! They've dragged on a bit!

Who are both at Rosshall having their medicals.

We need players in before the season starts on Saturday and it looks like we'll get that with Smith and Beattie. However, we have until the end of August to tie up Jelavic. Are Vienna slowing it down to play him v Aston Villa or is he holding back to see if a Prem team makes a bid. No Prem team has made a serious bid yet and if that doesn't happen I believe he will sign before the transfer window shuts. Just look how long the Naismith, Ferguson transfers took before going through.

And we're still waiting to conclude deals for Robbie Fowler and Alan Smith! They've dragged on a bit!

blame fucking Lovenkrands the cunts been in that room for god knows how long

He only got out for a 30 minute lunch break last Saturday. Long enough to pop up to Ibrox and score against us!

He only got out for a 30 minute lunch break last Saturday. Long enough to pop up to Ibrox and score against us!

:lol:

I owe you a lot of drink as you have kept me out hospital over this Jalla transfer haha

Well sorry to burst your bubble but all the negative normans are getting to me now , a wee bit of doubt crept in for 5 seconds then i realised these numpties know fuck all and are constatly on the downers me thinks :D

Groundhog day again. It's time to tell Rapid and Jelavic to get to fcuk. If he's that good why are we the only club chasing him? 3 weeks ago I knew who Beattie is and who Smith is, I didn't have a clue who Jelavic was and I didn't see many post on here saying we should go for this guy. Now all of a sudden he's the best striker in Europe? Get him to fuck. We're Rangers, we're not here to be used by Jelavic and fucking rapid vienna. Fcuk the 2 of them and move on. Having said that, until I actually hear Bain or Walter say it's off then I still believe it's possible. Hear them say it that is, not read they said it.

The Tommy Smith deal won't have an affect on the Jelavic deal as he can play out wide. But with Beattie already been at Ibrox and heading for a medical tells me that Jelavic will not be arriving as both are very similar players.

The Tommy Smith deal won't have an affect on the Jelavic deal as he can play out wide. But with Beattie already been at Ibrox and heading for a medical tells me that Jelavic will not be arriving as both are very similar players.

yeah m8 looks as though the jelavic deal is off so dissapointed in this looked such a good player but now we have gawn and signed up 2 shite players at the cost of 3 million :anguish:

You sure? I mean Jelavic and Beattie being the same type of player...I was under the impression that they are actually different? Admittedly I am going by peoples opinions!! Would make sense the deal is dead though by the looks of things (tu) Fingers crossed till some news breaks!

BBC says WS says Jelavic talks 'all but dead'

Rangers boss Walter Smith hopes to sign strikers James Beattie and Tommy Smith before Saturday's Scottish Premier League opener against Kilmarnock.

Smith has confirmed talks are under way to secure Beattie from Stoke and Portsmouth's Smith.

But Smith has admitted attempts to sign striker Nikicia Jelavic from Rapid Vienna are "all but dead".

"The negotiations are continuing, but the longer they drag on, the more doubtful a deal appears."

The Austrian club told BBC Scotland that Rangers have not been in touch for "days".

Rapid say they do not know where the Croat's immediate future lies but do admit the 24-year-old sees his long-term career in the English Premier League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8908183.stm

Sorry if it's a repost.

So he never said its all but dead :rolleyes:

Working to their own agendas again I see. As I recall, Smithsaid they were still working on it