Beattie at Ibrox today

RangersAndy

I think he'll do well, as long as he stays fit. The biggest downfall is no sell on money for us. that is a road we need to be going down.

But i will welcome him

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walters at Murray Park!

He must have a cracking lookalike then also working for rangers doh

why would i make this up

For the same reasons that loads of others come on here and claim to be in the know.

I'm not saying you're lying but I've no reason to take your word as gospel either.

If you look at the link provided it says he has just come from a lunch with Bain & Smith. Not sure how reliable it is but im pretty positive its true

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/

While sell-on value is always something we should be looking for, sometimes it's just not the case.

Will Beattie strengthen our forward line? Absolutely. Right now, that's all we should be looking at.

Can't say I'm not concerned about the money being talked about in bringing him up here.

But if he's got the passion and the desire and wants to help us win us the league then:

Welcome to Rangers Football Club, James Beattie.

:uk:

Some folk you will never please!!

Their mindset is always focused on the negative, they thrive on it and they will never change. Hopefully he signs today and we can turn our attention to other areas of the field :wink:

PS - Thanks to the OP, a shame you need to take such crap from some!! One-upmanship seems to be the game of a few and it becomes tiresome, if folk do not believe people why the feck post at all...attention seeking if you ask me!. doh

This stuff about 'sell on value'? We've got a lot of young men in our squad with plenty of 'sell on' value if they perform well for us. We need experience in the team as well and if the likes of Beattie want to come and play for The Rangers and do well and see out their careers then good. I mean what 'Sell on' value did Davie Weir have?

I'd be pleased to have Beattie in the squad, although £1.5m seems a bit on the high side. He's got bags of ability. It's a shame we didn't sign him in his prime when we were linked to him but never mind. Provided he can stay fit he'll score a shed-load.