Beattie fee + wages

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We offered Boyd a decent deal, we cannot go shelling out 30k to him to keep him as then you get other players saying hang on why does he get that and not me?

He didn't sign a pre contract that is utter drivel worthy only of the dark side.

Boyd wanted away.

The fact that he turned Brum down, and then used the lure of the EPL as his reasoning for going to Boro, would suggest he's been planning on leaving on a Bosman (and filling his pockets) for at least 18 months.

He's fucking shite anyway. :pipe:

We offered Boyd 18 grand a week basic plus 4 grand appearance bonus, he turned this down for a bigger offer at Middlesbrough, plus in his own words 'working with Strachan will take his career to the next level'.

We did not get rid of him through choice, what is it exactly that people cant grasp about that?

Can someone show me a quote please from Martin Bain or Walter Smith or even Boyd himself to say that he was offered a new contract and the wages he was offered that he turned down.

Thanks

Ok - this works two ways.

Here's it from a different angle; Can you please provide both myself and others with quotes or an interview whereby Smith, Bain or even Boyd himself said that he was not offered a new contract?

Thanks.

Saw Boyd miss a very good chance yesterday with Scotland. He then sat on his arse for an eternity. ffs. Some things never change.

Treated the club unfairly -- and was offered a great deal. Up to 25k per week -- when you factor in appearance bonuses. HE turned it down.

No problem with that.. but it would appear he just lied to all of the supporters. That, I have an issue with.