Mauro Camoranesi.

Goianegra

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like who? SSN IMO have always been quite slow to report things because they make sure it's correct I

unlike the websites that just splash anything on. Can't remember them saying something bout any1 tht we haven't then followed up with interest

Just looked at the Rangers section on SSN but can't find archived articles to back myself up here. However there have been countless articles on there with us being linked to (predominantly foreign) players with no quotes and absolutely no mentioned sources. Then we are never linked to them again anywhere else. Maybe some of them are true mate but I really do take a lot of what they say with a pinch of salt. I think BBC tend to me more reliable tbh.

Do people forget about the likes of Paulo Maldini, Franco Baresi or even our own Davie Weir?

33 should be nothing to a modern athlete with the regimes and medical care in the modern game.

There's a pretty major difference in physical requirements from a centre-half and a winger. You'll remember Maldini, superman and god as he was, moved in from the left when his pace started to go, many years before he eventually retired.

There's a pretty major difference in physical requirements from a centre-half and a winger. You'll remember Maldini, superman and god as he was, moved in from the left when his pace started to go, many years before he eventually retired.

Absolutely - positional changes don't destroy fundamental class and can extend a players career by years.

Camoranesi could make a superb midfielder.

I could have mentioned Beckham or Del Piero.

Or Roger Milla.

I didn't mean he wouldn't be a good player for us (short term, as always). I just meant he's 33 so wont have any sell-on value and will command very high wages. I'd rather we bring in someone with the best years ahead of them.

Absolutely - positional changes don't destroy fundamental class and can extend a players career by years.

Camoranesi could make a superb midfielder.

I'm sure he could but we don't have the money to pay massive wages for a 33 year-old player in a position we don't need.

HAHAHA straight from wikipedia

"Camoranesi looks to be heading to finish his career in Glasgow with SPL champions Rangers after speaking with close friend Tony Mowbray who just last season saw his own career end in Glasgow. Camoranesi has now agreed personal terms and the deal pends on the players medical."

:craphead: