UEFA Cup Final Bears hung out to dry

CanadianBacon

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do the crime do the time simples....... the jail time does seem a wee bit stiff but they must have knew they were going to be made the scapegoats. worse than the blitz the judge must be told to retracked this statement.

i was just think a year would have been enough, they done the crime now do the time.

Fuck them. They acted like scum, and deserve to be treated as such. They lost every bit of sympathy from me when they acted like animals. It's their fault that my grandfather, in his 70s, will have to come all the way up to Glasgow from Calisle, just to get the bus back down to Wigan, and be held there like some kind of criminal till shortly before kick-off when we play Man U at Old Trafford. Watch the videos of how they behaved before you come on here bleating about those wankers.

Two points.

Your Grandfather had no need to travel up to Glasgow. He could have made his own way to Wigan.

The people sentenced today had nothing whatsoever to do with the travel arrangements for Manchester, they are similar to what happened the last time we went to OT.

Maybe a good idea to get your facts straight before shouting your mouth off in future?

What could the manchester police do if 200,000 Rangers fans decided to go to manchester again.. not a lot.

You’ll probably find they would open up the stadium that we were not playing in and set up loads of screens and bars in that area. Just a guess likes.

You’ll probably find they would open up the stadium that we were not playing in and set up loads of screens and bars in that area. Just a guess likes.

Should of done that the last time. To be honest, even though the scenes in manchester were a disgrace with those guys beating up that cop etc but they really did ask for stuff like this to happen. The Rangers support was locked up like cattle or something in a cramped environment.

Should of done that the last time. To be honest, even though the scenes in manchester were a disgrace with those guys beating up that cop etc but they really did ask for stuff like this to happen. The Rangers support was locked up like cattle or something in a cramped environment.

Agreed. There was always gonna be a massive influx of Bears to Manc. The city could have handled it easily as they had Old Trafford, old Trafford cricket ground, Boltons ground, the Manc evening news arena, even Oldhams ground.

No i have no interest defending louts, neds etc who damage our club.

It would appear you have no interest in justice or level playing fields either.

These guys were found guilty in a Court of Law and at best most of them would have been done with a Breach charge or public affray or some such - this however wasn't a bog standard Court case - this was a political trial conducted in the Scottish and English media before the Court sat one day in session.

A precedent has been set here and there are those of us who will be studying closely the sentences handed out to other clubs' supporters for similar acts.

Frankly, grahamteuchter, I find your attitude toward fellow supporters deplorable.

I hope I'm never in your company.

Not at any time.

You'll probably find they would open up the stadium that we were not playing in and set up loads of screens and bars in that area. Just a guess likes.

I think that guess would be well wide of the mark. They would do what they did last time, only this time they would be even more brutal and indiscriminate in their choice of victims.

Those of us who have experienced the heavy-handed GMP in action (on more than one occasion in my case, and Outlaw has pointed out their lack of social etiquette elsewhere in this thread) can probably be divided into three groups.........those who would like revenge, those who would like justice, and those who would like to forget all about it and just accept being labelled as the bogeyman.

I'm somewhere in the first two groups. I'm not sure where you're coming from Bear, you seem to be leaning heavily towards condemning these people, whilst displaying an avatar which would point towards a different viewpoint. Its all getting very confusing for this old bootboy.

As I said in another thread, I actually agree with switching the screen off. The area was overcrowded and, god forbid, if it went ahead and we scored or won, well.... we may of remembered Manchester for very different reasons.

However..... making this decision 20 minutes before the biggest game in a couple of generations was completely absurd. I don't really know what the organisers expected dropping that bombshell to a booze fuelled and high strung crowd minutes before kickoff. It was always going to cause a riot. The decision should of been made hours before.

As for the sentences dished out. Many have had overly harsh sentences, however others can have no complaints at all.

I wasn’t these but from what i have read i would agree with you. We must remember was have had two disasters at Ibrox. God forbid that happens again. If we are to take a positive out this nightmare then we never lost any fellow Bears because of a crush at the fan zones.

I think that guess would be well wide of the mark. They would do what they did last time, only this time they would be even more brutal and indiscriminate in their choice of victims.

Those of us who have experienced the heavy-handed GMP in action (on more than one occasion in my case, and Outlaw has pointed out their lack of social etiquette elsewhere in this thread) can probably be divided into three groups.........those who would like revenge, those who would like justice, and those who would like to forget all about it and just accept being labelled as the bogeyman.

I'm somewhere in the first two groups. I'm not sure where you're coming from Bear, you seem to be leaning heavily towards condemning these people, whilst displaying an avatar which would point towards a different viewpoint. Its all getting very confusing for this old bootboy.

It’s just a guess mate, no more than that.

I agree with badger we are really lucky a bear didn't die in piccadilly gardens it was grossly overcrowded. The whole thing was a scandalous affair i just hope they learn a lesson from it. When a club say they will bring 200k fans they should prepare for 200k fans and not just give warnings urging people not to come.

I wasn't having a pop fella, just saying.

The whole thing stinks. Total farce.

Big time.

It was poorly organised from top to bottom. I think there’s a lot of factors that contributed, and i don’t think Rangers are scott free on this. Did they tell manchester Police and council that they knew there would be up to, possibly more than 250,000 people there?

As i said in an above post there is the facilities in Manc to cater for huge numbers like OT, the cricket ground, the evening new arena and the places that were dedicated fan zones, then the outskirts like Oldham etc could have been used as over flow.

Big time.

It was poorly organised from top to bottom. I think there's a lot of factors that contributed, and i don't think Rangers are scott free on this. Did they tell manchester Police and council that they knew there would be up to, possibly more than 250,000 people there?

As i said in an above post there is the facilities in Manc to cater for huge numbers like OT, the cricket ground, the evening new arena and the places that were dedicated fan zones, then the outskirts like Oldham etc could have been used as over flow.

They had no idea what an institution this club is. Totally outwith anything in their dimension.

There was talk of 400 000 people going, and that was the day after the semi final (I remember because it was my birthday too), and to be honest, that number isn't far off the mark, but lets just be the opposite of ra sellik and keep talking the numbers down.

(tu)

I agree with badger we are really lucky a bear didn't die in piccadilly gardens it was grossly overcrowded. The whole thing was a scandalous affair i just hope they learn a lesson from it. When a club say they will bring 200k fans they should prepare for 200k fans and not just give warnings urging people not to come.

Manchester wasn't prepared for the numbers that did arrive that day, but is that the fault of the Rangers' support?

The GMP top kiddy (some bead-rattling Earl Haig if I recall) was telling all and sundry leading up to the game that they didn't want anyone without a ticket to make the trip - he was on TV and radio spouting this message in the weeks leading up to it - then someone (everyone perhaps?) in the Manchester City Council decided to overrule this fuckwit as they realised there was a shit-load of money to be made on the back of the numbers they were hearing wanted to come down and enjoy the day - ticket or not.

The latest news that they turned off the large screen deliberately and the timing of same is tantamount to them admitting to provocation.

If so - why can't charges be brought against those who took this terrible decision?

Oh wait........I'm forgetting..........it wasn't a Rangers supporter that took the decision that started most of the trouble..........so let's forget it then.

Greater Manchester Plod are cunts - evil baton-wielding thugs - and these sentences do not in any way shape or form fit the crimes.

Well........unless you're this 'grahamteuchter' guy. :(

They had no idea what an institution this club is. Totally outwith anything in their dimension.

There was talk of 400 000 people going, and that was the day after the semi final (I remember because it was my birthday too), and to be honest, that number isn't far off the mark, but lets just be the opposite of ra sellik and keep talking the numbers down.

(tu)

Aye. Even if we had won and there was good facilities there would have been bother of some sort because lads would have been hyper jumping about like mad, a cop wouldn’t have liked it, tried to nick him and then there would have been a domino effect.

That would have happened with ANY football team that had 150-400,000 fans in a small area.

Manchester wasn't prepared for the numbers that did arrive that day, but is that the fault of the Rangers' support?

The GMP top kiddy (some bead-rattling Earl Haig if I recall) was telling all and sundry leading up to the game that they didn't want anyone without a ticket to make the trip - he was on TV and radio spouting this message in the weeks leading up to it - then someone (everyone perhaps?) in the Manchester City Council decided to overrule this fuckwit as they realised there was a shit-load of money to be made on the back of the numbers they were hearing wanted to come down and enjoy the day - ticket or not.

The latest news that they turned off the large screen deliberately and the timing of same is tantamount to them admitting to provocation.

If so - why can't charges be brought against those who took this terrible decision?

Oh wait........I'm forgetting..........it wasn't a Rangers supporter that took the decision that started most of the trouble..........so let's forget it then.

Greater Manchester Plod are cunts - evil baton-wielding thugs - and these sentences do not in any way shape or form fit the crimes.

Well........unless you're this 'grahamteuchter' guy. :(

To be fair mate, there's been a couple more on here too. Pisses me off how they can cause infighting on this thread when this is something we should all be united on (acknowledging the lads were in the wrong and not condoning thier behaviour - however realising they have been hard done to and been used in a publicity stunt)

To be fair mate, there's been a couple more on here too. Pisses me off how they can cause infighting on this thread when this is something we should all be united on (acknowledging the lads were in the wrong and not condoning thier behaviour - however realising they have been hard done to and been used in a publicity stunt)

This post gets a Big thumbs up from me (tu)

Good. Throw away the keys. The damage that they have done our clubs reputation is ridiculous and i have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

you should be embarrassed mate, doubt you are though because no one with any CLASS would make a comment like that in this situation, of course no one condones what has happened! the thread is about the punishment for the crime, not the crime itself, its people like YOU that make me ashamed to be a rangers fan, not the people that break the law and happen to be rangers fans

GMP fucked up big time, they know they did. They knew the only way to get the spot light off them was to put the spot light on us, with 200,000 people there they could of almost guranteed a reaction of some fans if they turned that screen off, so they did it.

These Bears have been made an example of, and its fucking pish for them.

Of course their actions cannot be condemned, but neither can the actions of the GMP.