UEFA Cup Final Bears hung out to dry

CanadianBacon

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you believe it or not...............but the ironic thing about it all none of the ICF were actually involved.

Bear, we meet again. Yeah, I meant something else on this one. I wouldn't even say that what happened that night was hooliganism, and I'm being serious. Is there a club in the country, or an event in the country, with around 200,000 in attendance, would take the main event of the evening being switched off? Erm, I don't think so. What some did that night was out of order, but what is being overlooked is the context.

So they were charged with throwing chewing gum were they?

What an absolute cunt of a reply, you're a much bigger moron than I first gave you credit for! Well done.

Not got anything remotely constructive to say so you hit out with stupid questions like that ? You know fine well they weren't charged with throwing chewing gum, it was making a point that sometimes you can't justify every sentence.

This is from a city who's police battered everyone in site and a judge that claimed Rangers fans caused more damage than the IRA bombings of '96 ?

Get a grip.

After this why would anyone even contemplate contributing a penny to the shithole manchester, by taking a ticket for the game in a place you are clearly not wanted.

Beacuse we are Rangers supporters. I say the same thing to mates of mine who refuse to take Piggery tickets.

Judge says it was the worst devastation to hit manchester since the blitz :rolleyes:

Forgot about the IRA bomb in 1996 so soon :rolleyes:

On further inspection that was truly a ridiculous thing to say!

The city made an estimated £20 million from that day, they made £150,000 their budget to stage it which later increased to £340,000.

How much did they make from the bombings ?

After this why would anyone even contemplate contributing a penny to the shithole manchester, by taking a ticket for the game in a place you are clearly not wanted.

If it never affected the team, that's actually quite a sensible suggestion.

A total ban on Manchester by Rangers FC fans, made official, and as much publicity as possible in the press for all the world to see - especially the WC organising committee.

I actually see where grahamteuchter is coming from, although the sentences some of them have been given were quite surprising and seem excessive. I have absolutely no sympathy for someone who "rioted" that night, Rangers fan or not - as if it matters. However, clearly some cases are going to be far worse than others and it is possible that some of those with the lesser crimes committed have been made an example of.

I also realise that from what I've heard from some who went as I wasn't able, that some sections of the Manchester Police were provoking the fans which is believable. Even then, I wouldn't call any of these people "fans" after disgracing themselves, their families, their friends and lastly, Rangers Football Club.

Judge said that they caused the worst damage since the Blitz, is she fucking serious ?

So those guys caused more damage than the F*nians blowing up Manchester ?

Apparently the fire alarm went off :lol:

The judge didn't honestly say that, did he? doh

Is he/she 12 year old?!

Bear, we meet again. Yeah, I meant something else on this one. I wouldn't even say that what happened that night was hooliganism, and I'm being serious. Is there a club in the country, or an event in the country, with around 200,000 in attendance, would take the main event of the evening being switched off? Erm, I don't think so. What some did that night was out of order, but what is being overlooked is the context.

We agree mate. (tu)

What makes me sad, is the lads that have just been sent down have probably never been in trouble in their lives, they were just hyper, pissed off, drunk, coked up, and were riding along on a massive tidal wave of emotion that the whole day brought to the Bears down there, and very poor organisation on the part of the Police. Now they have this round their neck for the rest of their lives.

it’s kinda like the tag of “90 minute bigot” that is true for a hell of a lot of us.............

I am not excusing what they did, not at all, but this will not go away for a very long time and personally i can see where Rangers, the GMP and other powers that be are coming from with the way they are organising the next trip to Manchester.

A post from VB, I feel merits a place on here.

I give you this scumbag F*nian copper. Barry Quinn

Beat his girlfriend and slapped her 2 year old daughter repeatedly.

His sentence was deferred 3 months for good behaviour. He may get probation.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SHAME+OF+COP...er.-a0235818420

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/scottish...86908-22473668/

The judge obviously has selective memory or is a headline grabber, it is a ridiculous statement to make.

Fucking annoying and Rangers FC should pipe up about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking annoying and Rangers FC should pipe up about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly never going to happen! Murray has proven over the years, unless it is a personal attack on him he will stay quiet.

Rangers fans and the name of the club will continue to be battered from pillar to post. Every journalist and politician in this country; and further afield know they can say anything about our club without fear of reprisals.

Sadly never going to happen! Murray has proven over the years, unless it is a personal attack on him he will stay quiet.

Rangers fans and the name of the club will continue to be battered from pillar to post. Every journalist and politician in this country; and further afield know they can say anything about our club without fear of reprisals.

Spot on m8, sad but true.