Wednesday night

RFC55

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny how games against Barcelona and Manchester Utd will still sell out easily. Obviously because they have superstars like Messi et al.

But surely the primary attraction of any ticket at Ibrox should be getting to see Rangers in the CL regardless of the opposition. It's a strange one...

Thats another point Deanow i bought the 3 match package the year of Inter, Porto and brataslava and never got a ticket for the Villareal game which is pretty baws.

Hate to hear that mate,I bet all the wee dicks that had never been to Ibrox in their lives got it because they had contacts and wanted a good night out.

It is funny how games against Barcelona and Manchester Utd will still sell out easily. Obviously because they have superstars like Messi et al.

But surely the primary attraction of any ticket at Ibrox should be getting to see Rangers in the CL regardless of the opposition. It's a strange one...

One would think that would be obvious. Thats why im going anyway.

Thats another point Deanow i bought the 3 match package the year of Inter, Porto and brataslava and never got a ticket for the Villareal game which is pretty baws.

i thought that whoever bought the package had a priority on last 16 tickets, sad to hear that

hope you get one this year if we get through, as do i :D

WATP :uk:

Not really thought about it tbh. I've been more interested in getting three points at Pittodrie, which we managed to do. I guess I will be up for it come Wednesday.

Don't expect it to be a full house tho, which is a shame. £38, plus travel, food, few drinks, kids... is a lot of money, and people just can't make it, plus it's on the tv, so that will keep people away. I think last season's piss poor performances in the Champions League, along with our style of football when we play in the competition, will also be a factor.

Not really thought about it tbh. I've been more interested in getting three points at Pittodrie, which we managed to do. I guess I will be up for it come Wednesday.

Don't expect it to be a full house tho, which is a shame. £38, plus travel, food, few drinks, kids... is a lot of money, and people just can't make it, plus it's on the tv, so that will keep people away. I think last season's piss poor performances in the Champions League, along with our style of football when we play in the competition, will also be a factor.

That's a far bigger factor than a few pounds here or there, imo. People would rather sit at home and watch it on the box in the warm than go to Ibrox. Thinking we would sell an extra 8,000 tickets if we knocked £3 or £4 off a ticket is naive, imo.

That's a far bigger factor than a few pounds here or there, imo. People would rather sit at home and watch it on the box in the warm than go to Ibrox. Thinking we would sell an extra 8,000 tickets if we knocked £3 or £4 off a ticket is naive, imo.

In the last few weeks, we will have forked out for a Champions League package, plus trips to Old Trafford, Aberdeen, Hearts and celtc - people just don't have the money. If it was £28 instead of the £38, then I reckon we'd sell a few more tickets. The should have learned from last season.

In the last few weeks, we will have forked out for a Champions League package, plus trips to Old Trafford, Aberdeen, Hearts and celtc - people just don't have the money. If it was £28 instead of the £38, then I reckon we'd sell a few more tickets. The should have learned from last season.

(tu)

Yeah, but the club needs money. If the tickets were £10 cheaper, they'd have lost £420,000 on the tickets they've sold already. Selling another 8,000 at £28 would make them £224,000 assuming they all sold. There's no guarantee they would all sell either. I'd love to see a full Ibrox at every match, CL included, but I think if we can't sell out 3-match packages when we're playing Man U I don't think reducing the cost by a reasonable amount would help.

Does anyone know how much other British teams charge for CL tickets? Just wondering how we compare.

It's a strange one. Last week the availability was restricted to BR corners and CD corners with a few seats dotted around in other parts. But having just looked now there's a batch available in GR4 (must be corporate returns from sponsors) and loads of availability in most of BR CR1 and other parts of the ground.

A shite show by the "support" to be honest. Ah well, sometimes it's better to have quality of supporters rather than numbers.

Yeah, but the club needs money. If the tickets were £10 cheaper, they'd have lost £420,000 on the tickets they've sold already. Selling another 8,000 at £28 would make them £224,000 assuming they all sold. There's no guarantee they would all sell either. I'd love to see a full Ibrox at every match, CL included, but I think if we can't sell out 3-match packages when we're playing Man U I don't think reducing the cost by a reasonable amount would help.

Does anyone know how much other British teams charge for CL tickets? Just wondering how we compare.

Can't tell you what other British teams charge. But I bought the Partizan Belgrade 3 match package for the equivalent of £80. Tickets for league games are usually £4 though so quite a bit of hike. For league games outside the derby they're lucky if they get 7,000. So the glory hunters have come out big style for the CL as they had 60,000 trying to buy the 30,000 available. Here's hoping they pump Arsenal tomorrow night :)

It's a strange one. Last week the availability was restricted to BR corners and CD corners with a few seats dotted around in other parts. But having just looked now there's a batch available in GR4 (must be corporate returns from sponsors) and loads of availability in most of BR CR1 and other parts of the ground.

A shite show by the "support" to be honest. Ah well, sometimes it's better to have quality of supporters rather than numbers.

Hardly a shite support! Look around the stadiums on Tuesday and Wednesday night, there will be plenty of empty seats in the majority of stadiums.

I don't know the match package prices of the English clubs, but Arsenal are charging different prices per game, depending on where you sit. The dearest ticket is £54 <cr> Chelsea are charging £30 for adults and £15 for kids, it rises after they reach the knock-out stages.

It's costing me around £80 to go to the game on Wednesday. Now the money doesn't bother me, sadly some aren't as lucky.

Hardly a shite support! Look around the stadiums on Tuesday and Wednesday night, there will be plenty of empty seats in the majority of stadiums.

I don't know the match package prices of the English clubs, but Arsenal are charging different prices per game, depending on where you sit. The dearest ticket is £54 <cr> Chelsea are charging £30 for adults and £15 for kids, it rises after they reach the knock-out stages.

It's costing me around £80 to go to the game on Wednesday. Now the money doesn't bother me, sadly some aren't as lucky.

Not a shite support. A poor show that we can't sell out Ibrox for the CL but times are hard. It's a farce of a competition in a way so I can't blame folk for keeping their hard earned for other games.

Not a shite support. A poor show that we can't sell out Ibrox for the CL but times are hard. It's a farce of a competition in a way so I can't blame folk for keeping their hard earned for other games.

This current Champions League format has run it's course. Time for a re-think.

40k+ on a late September night, after away games against Aberdeen, with Hearts and celtc away, is hardly a poor show. Again, look arounf Europe and the stadias, and there will be plenty of empty seats. People just don't have the money.