Maurice Edu

Amac9

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the guy but ive been getting increasingly anxious when he is on the ball over the past few games.

he was the only player I had any real worries about last night about giving the ball away in a dangerous position.

needs to be more aware of his surroundings, and take less time to make decisions.

I don't think the restriction of other teams chances is down to lee or edu though, our actual last line of defence have been fantastic!

Last night there was still times were they were able to pass thru edu and mcculloch no bother. The REAL test will be a full strength man u and Valencia!

A great and extremely welcome result!

i think edu made a few mistakes and at times looked half a yard slow, but he wasn't alone in that! the decision making of our midfield is poor (when we have the ball) at times, i think they might just be surprised to have the ba' to be honest, but the more we win and control games they better they'll get. it might just be down to having played so defensively for 3 seasons and them being scared to commit going forward in case they get robbed and we concede because of it?

i think edu made a few mistakes and at times looked half a yard slow, but he wasn't alone in that! the decision making of our midfield is poor (when we have the ball) at times, i think they might just be surprised to have the ba' to be honest, but the more we win and control games they better they'll get. it might just be down to having played so defensively for 3 seasons and them being scared to commit going forward in case they get robbed and we concede because of it?

A few times Edu showed why he is better than mcculloch (not in this match but just as a player overall) and that was when he picked up the ball, ran with it and played some good forward passes, he also played some neat triangles with players... Edu did a job in there, musnt be easy putting in a good shift then getting dropped

I didnt think McCulloch and Edu were competing against each other, Edu a long way to go to prove to be a regular starter like McCulloch.