***Czech Republic Vs Scotland***

Thommo

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about just ignoring that game completely.

Probably a good idea. It will likely be the equivalent of a train wreck - I don't want to look, but I just can't help myself. The triumph of hope over experience...

If I had dropped Miller (which I wouldn't of) I would of gone with something like :

Shagger

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker

Fletcher

Naismith Adam Dorrans*

Maloney

Iwelumo

*or Morrison

Not much of a international fan, but saw the game tonight and the Czech's didn't look anyhing special.

wrong. scotland at one point became a footballing force, one of the best counter-attacking teams under walter and big eck. we got up to 14th in the world! its out pish choice of manager which is letting us down. with the players we have, we should be capable of MUCH more than that.

Yeah we did, and it was great, but other than those 2 managers it's been a pretty much downward spiral. I wouldn't say a force since the late 70's early 80's, but we did get some really good results but since the end of wee craig broon's reign it's not been easy being a scotland fan other than the period when we had 2 guys who ACTUALLY knew what they were doing and how to make us get close to qualifying again. We have good players, we have really good players, players who can play at the highest level (Champions League etc) but if they're not used properly to their strengths then their experience counts for nothing. 4-6-0 Joke. If Kenny Miller wasn't being saved for the Spain game then levein should be in the stocks in george square on wednesday morning. We DO have the makings of a good team, but i do fear a long wait til we're back on the big stage where we belong.

Might be considered hypocritical of us as Rangers fans to moan about the tactics, but i really think Walter's style of play in Europe is more positive than that.

Walter's style might be no better than that but it's insulting to suggest his tactics are anything like it. A Walter side wouldn't have conceded to that Czech team tonight. When he shuts up shop he actually shuts up shop, he doesn't just create nothing and chase the ball for 90 mins. And he has the balls to play at least one striker against Man Utd at Old Trafford no less.

Might be considered hypocritical of us as Rangers fans to moan about the tactics, but i really think Walter's style of play in Europe is more positive than that.

It obviously is, if we play anti-football then what the hell was that?

Rangers over Scotland every time. Were a better team than Scotland too.