***Czech Republic Vs Scotland***

Thommo

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our 'European formation' is about 10000 times better than what I saw tonight with Scotland.

I have to say, following that performance, the only reason I'd go to Hampden next week is to watch Spain. We'll be even more defensive against them.

That was a joke tonight.

You could argue that Levein's formation put more pressure on the defence. As soon as we got the ball around our box, we weren't able to pass it out and ended up pumping it to that striker we had playing....Mr Fuckin' Nobody. The Czechs then got the ball back, with nobody pressing them high up the pitch and started another attack.

Levein is a fucking clown. If he does that against Spain, we will get our arses handed to us. We would have anyway, but still.

I just can't see what Levein was trying to achieve with that.

The Czechs weren't shit, but they really are a shadow of their former selves. There was a decent enough attacking formation to be had with the squad he has at his disposal.

People say we're defensive in Europe with a similar formation, but we should have put four or five past Bursa with the chances we had. Scotland didn't even test Cech tonight!

I just can't see what Levein was trying to achieve with that.

The Czechs weren't shit, but they really are a shadow of their former selves. There was a decent enough attacking formation to be had with the squad he has at his disposal.

People say we're defensive in Europe with a similar formation, but we should have put four or five past Bursa with the chances we had. Scotland didn't even test Cech tonight!

The person who was closest to putting the ball past Cech, was his own player. You could tell the Czech defence was a bit shaky, especially Suchy. But Levein didn't seem to take note of any of this.

Levein has to realise that while there's less chance of the opposition scoring when we are defending with ten men, there's absolutely NO chance of them scoring when we're in their third of the park and in possession of the football.

Walter's found the balance, why can't Levein? The players are there.

I dont agree the players are there ?

you only need to look at the so called Captain Darren Fletcher

Rosicky ran rings round him and played as if conducting an orchestra

he cant tackle -he cant go forward - he cant pass - he plays for man utd so lets make him captain half their fans hate him!

He must never play for scotland again as a player never mind so called captain .

I am at a loss why Kris Commons from Derby County cannot get into the midfield for scotland

on match of the day when he has played on featured games he has been raved about by the pundits yet cant get in ahead of useless fletcher .

Its hard work being a scotland fan in england but at least big eck & walter have never let us down.

They did it with limited resources and showed how good they are as managers

Levein like burley is gambling at the wrong time ie playing mackie tonight.

Lee Mc Cullough has to replace the so called captain if we have any chance of qualifying which with this mob i doubt

unless bougherra starts eating haggis and has a great grandad from glasgow and we replace the rest with rangers players

we will be watching the rest of the world in another tournament yet again.

So you'd agree that Scotland should play to their strengths.

I beg this question - look at the resources we have in defence, compare them to what we have going forward.

I'd say with the likes of Miller, McFadden, Dorrans, Morrison, Maloney, Naismith, Iwelumo, Boyd etc, we have more going forward than we do in defence with the likes of Caldwell and McManus, as well as a 40 year old Weir.

Scotlands best players are the ones with Attacking instinct, so we've got to play to our strengths. Injuries didn't help our cause tonight either, Steven Fletcher and McFadden are probably the 2 best attacking players. Scott Brown plays his best football at international level.

Personally i think our strongest team would be like this,

McGregor/Gordon

Hutton, Weir, Berra?, Wallace?

Brown, Adam, D.Fletcher

S.Fletcher, Miller, Maloney

Defence would probably get ripped to shreds but i think thats a pretty decent attack myself

The gulf in class when Rangers play a team like Man Utd is justifiable of very defensive tactics but when play Scotland Lithunia or Czhech Republic, it really isn't.

There are plenty of players in the Scotland squad who are performing at high level in club football, and like Papa said, a lot of these players are attack minded so I'm not convinced the tactics have been very good at all in our first three games.

Man for man we are better than the Czech Republic in my opinion, but Levein went there as if he was managing San fucking Marino

He's a shitebag with a small club mentality which he has carried to the national team

Even against Liechtenstein we were getting this "good side" pish, not firing up the players to go out and do them whatsover.

Wish to God he would go now while we have some sort of chance of qualifying

The gulf in class when Rangers play a team like Man Utd is justifiable of very defensive tactics but when play Scotland Lithunia or Czhech Republic, it really isn't.

There are plenty of players in the Scotland squad who are performing at high level in club football, and like Papa said, a lot of these players are attack minded so I'm not convinced the tactics have been very good at all in our first three games.

I just hate the whole 'we're Scottish and therefore we cannot attack' thing. Kinda pisses me off with Rangers as well to an extent, a big dose of self belief is what this country needs.

Effectively, we could field a front six of;

Miller

Naismith

Maloney Fletcher Dorrans Morrison

That isn't bad in the slightest, especially with Hutton and Whittaker supporting from the flanks.

I,m disapointed with levein as i thought he would do well the game against lichenstein

was worse than vogts away at san marino at our lowest.

His tactics are fine and he is trying to shut up shop but we arent playing Argentina - Spain or Germany

this team lost versus Lithuania .

The bottom line is we arent going to qualify again i cant see how and the

SFA need to start improving the structures in place to bring on good scottish players

Danny Wilson our own player what a talent moved to Anfield cant get a game

but played for rangers at the top european level and looked the part .

His Agent and his pocket he moved to a so called giant now in turmoil

but this lad in a rangers shirt was a good prospect and scotland player in the making

He sholud have stayed at Ibrox and stepped into Davie Weirs place waiting their for him to graduate into.

Now he has Kyriagos an oap ger in his place at anfield wasnt a good move .

McGregor

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker

Fletcher McCulloch

Naismith Dorrans Malony

Miller

There is just one of many good sides Scotland could put out. That team could hold its own against most national sides imo.

Give me the manager who is brave enough to play that most games right now!

Over they 90 minutes Levein probably got as much as I get in a month to come up with a 4 fucking 6

Just a thought and I have no doubt it'll be brought up tomorrow by someone, but.....

Is this defensive formation there to cover up Weir's lack of pace? In this case, McManus' lack of pace as well?