Foster tonight at left back

I like a lot of others was unsure about him starting

But, I thought he did very well

People will talk about his miss, but he's not the only one to have missed a guilt edged chance, was at a hard angle and was on his weak foot

He can be very happy with his performance, and the fans can be too

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weir, Papac, Cuellar, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Bougherra & Hutton have all come on ten fold under Smith and arguably shown the best form of their careers too.

Was their ever any doubt that after a few months training at the club day in day out the same thing would happen to Foster too? :P

If he can keep up performances like that, while combining it with his pace going forward then he could play his way into the team.

Biggest game of the guys life and he can held his head up high, outstanding performance!

I honestly didn't expect that one bit from him, but barring his miss it was completely flawless.

Kept possession well, defensively sound and wasn't one bit feared to take on a player either. I also was impressed with him being able to pick out a ball when in the Valencia half.

More of the same come Sunday!

Good to see we are behind the guy hours before he plays in the biggest game of his life.

His pace could be very dangerous on the break and some of his best performances for Aberdeen came when we visited Pittodrie and in their UEFA Cup run a few years back.

Hopefully he can show that form again tonight.

*insert smug smiley here*

:P