Naismith.

mmrfc1873

First of all I would like to say I thought he was great again last night, he was actually showing a few Paddy "maradona" Mccourt moments :craphead:, in all seriousness though their has been a lot of talk about being able to keep McGregor because of the consistency in his performance's this season, so I'm sure the same can be asked about Naismith, is there a chance of us keeping him for a good few years ahead ? and if not how much would we accept for him ? being realistic.

Slightly off topic but in Smith's first tenure at Rangers Naismith would have never have gotten a look in by this point. After his initial injury and then poor run of form he would have disappeared into obscurity. it's only because we're skint that he's had a second/third bite of the cherry.

I'm glad he has though as he's been outstanding. I could only see him go onto play for a lower Premiership club though such as Wolves or Wigan.

Naisy was signed in june 2007 in a 5 year deal for around £1.9 million position left midfield has played 94 games and scored 16 goals. He was out for a year due to injury, what we are seeing now is a player who is matureing due to playing week in week out and hes been outstanding this season so far, he has so much energy box to box and he was one of our best players last night, i would get him tied down to a new deal hes rangers daft but money talks now at the end of the day as we know with the Boyd scenario.

Been really impressed wth him this season and I am sure there are a few Managers down South who are also watching him to see if it is not just a flash in the pan.Wouldnt surprise me if Big Eck is considering him and looking at a bid of around £4 million.

I know there's only so much we can turn down, and only so much the player can turn down regarding money. But Naismith loves Rangers and you can tell he has been loving every single moment of this season.

He's had a tough ride at Rangers, but now he is reaping the benefits. I doubt he'll be in a rush to move, so lets we keep onto him for a while yet.

Other than a premiership move I can't see Naisy wanting to go else were.

The guys that think Naisy could only play for a team in the basement of the EPL are way off the mark imo.

Naisy could easily play for , and hold his own at a club in the top half of the EPL.

Why do we always seem to under rate our own players while giving players in the over rated EPL more respect and credit than they deserve?Starting to get on my tits tbh.

Naisy scored against the World Champions and but for a little bit of bad luck would have scored twice away from home in the CL against a team from the best league in Europe and don't forget he scored our winner against the Turkish Champions too.

The guys that think Naisy could only play for a team in the basement of the EPL are way off the mark imo.

Naisy could easily play for , and hold his own at a club in the top half of the EPL.

Why do we always seem to under rate our own players while giving players in the over rated EPL more respect and credit than they deserve?Starting to get on my tits tbh.

Naisy scored against the World Champions and but for a little bit of bad luck would have scored twice away from home in the CL against a team from the best league in Europe and don't forget he scored our winner against the Turkish Champions too.

Spot on, getting sick of it as well when people don't think our players are good enough etc, and then complain when they are sold for peanuts...?

Just wondering how long it will be before he is in the gossip column getting linked with teams down south.

He's having a good 3 month spell after 3 very mediocre seasons. When he's done it consistently for 2 or 3 years, then maybe we could talk about him playing for an EPL top half side

He's having a good 3 month spell after 3 very mediocre seasons. When he's done it consistently for 2 or 3 years, then maybe we could talk about him playing for an EPL top half side

Through no real fault of his own. You also dont need to be as consistant for that length of time to be picked up by a top half EPL side never mind maybe, Alan Hutton never.

Through no real fault of his own. You also dont need to be as consistant for that length of time to be picked up by a top half EPL side never mind maybe, Alan Hutton never.

He played in 81 games in his first 3 seasons, they weren't as injury ravaged as some people make out

someone in the daily record a week or two ago said he could still cut it in the 'top four'. Can you really see Steven Naismith started along side Lampard? Torres? David Silva and co etc. I think not. If he did go to one of them he would merely be a bench warmer! a substitute to help waste time perhaps? I dont want to see that of Steven, i could see him becoming an Ibrox legend if he keeps this up. Also if teams were to move for him, i reckon they would give it a season or two to see how he maintains his form.

Realisitically i think teams like Birmingham, Bolton etc would be more likely propositions from the EPL.

If Charlie Adam is worth 9million then Naisys worth 18 :rolleyes: in my opinion

lol i doubt he will ever have to worry about relegation. i can seehim going to spain or germany actually. we would be very foolish to let him enter the last year of his contract. but the people incharge of the purse strings seem to be total mongs.

does anyone remember wenger taking him down to arsenal for a weeks trial when he was still at killie?

I think this season is the first time he's had a real pre season, and we're seeing the benefit. You've got to give him credit for taking his chance.

I remember a man u fan came on here and asked a few questions when the CL draw was made, one of the questions was what players have a lot to prove this year. Just about everyone on here said lafferty and naismith.

I think he'll be here for a while. As for what level he could play at, his first touch can let him down a little sometimes, he'd struggle at a really elite level, but he'd do a job for most of the teams down south. once you get past about 7 or 8th the rest are nothing special.