Takeover talk - Rangers confirm Whyte talks

cwoodloyal

After seeing Beasley and more recently Edu - it's put me off the USA market for a while. I appreciate that makes me sound a bit ignorant.

South Americans really need to go to somewhere else in Europe first to learn their trade and get them used to British football. I can't think of anyone who's came straight from South America to Britain and hit it off and British teams usually spend a fortune for the honour too.

Africa is a good shout. Some of the boys from there have the hard working attitude and they are big and physical and well suited to the British game.

FFS we need to calm down a bit...people talking about £20million pounds to spend in january and what not.What got us into the financial mess we are in just now? doh

IF

I only said it just as a debate. I never said "we are going to get 20mil in Jan". I was just wanting peoples opinions what they would like to see IF we got that kind of money.

FFS we need to calm down a bit...people talking about £20million pounds to spend in january and what not.What got us into the financial mess we are in just now? doh

To be fair, it was one member who posted that.

After seeing Beasley and more recently Edu - it's put me off the USA market for a while. I appreciate that makes me sound a bit ignorant.

South Americans really need to go to somewhere else in Europe first to learn their trade and get them used to British football. I can't think of anyone who's came straight from South America to Britain and hit it off and British teams usually spend a fortune for the honour too.

Africa is a good shout. Some of the boys from there have the hard working attitude and they are big and physical and well suited to the British game.

Groan, ignore it at your own peril

And the problem with untapped talent in Africa, South America (and the US) is work permits.

Thats why a said scouting network its the future..just like garlic bread :craphead:

Groan, ignore it at your own peril

And the problem with untapped talent in Africa, South America (and the US) is work permits.

Give me some names then??

No-one stood out at the World Cup.

Edu was on the cover for the North American FIFA or Pro Evo, wasn't he? <cr>

IF

I only said it just as a debate. I never said "we are going to get 20mil in Jan". I was just wanting peoples opinions what they would like to see IF we got that kind of money.

Harry Enfield is doing will in this thread :lol:

Awryt Awryt Calm Down Calm Down.

I agree. I was a bit dissapointed we didn't get the SA pair Khumalo and Mphela because i think they would've been suited to our league. But there are plenty more countries in africa that produce good talent aswell such as Ivory Coast (Drogba, Kalou, Toure Bros) Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon.

I agree. I was a bit dissapointed we didn't get the SA pair Khumalo and Mphela because i think they would've been suited to our league. But there are plenty more countries in africa that produce good talent aswell such as Ivory Coast (Drogba, Kalou, Toure Bros) Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon.

Yup. Africa is where I'd be looking.

Give me some names then??

No-one stood out at the World Cup.

Edu was on the cover for the North American FIFA or Pro Evo, wasn't he? <cr>

Brek Shea, Tim Ream, Gale Agbossoumande, Mikkel Deskerud, Jose Francisco Torres, Chad Marshall, Andy Najar, Jack McInernay- I could go on for hours- the point is you can't ignore markets with decent players at cheapish prices

Brek Shea, Tim Ream, Gale Agbossoumande, Mikkel Deskerud, Jose Francisco Torres, Chad Marshall, Andy Najar, Jack McInernay- I could go on for hours- the point is you can't ignore markets with decent players at cheapish prices

The real talent is out of them picking the one or ones that will become stars comapred to the others that will become good

I'll keep my eyes peeled but I'd be amazed if any of them came to the SPL and were outstanding and that's based on nothing more than a gut feeling, going on what I've witnessed previously.

How am I ignoring markets with decent players at cheap prices? I'm not. I'm saying there's other factors you need to take into account. I said Africa would be my choice of scouting network.

Not saying this is defo happening, but this is like the Liverpool takeover a bit, came from absolutely nowhere.

Murray has his critics, but i think he showed first time with Ellis that he has the clubs best interests in mind with regards to new owners, if he thinks these people would be good enough for the club, thats good enough for me.