Takeover talk - Rangers confirm Whyte talks

cwoodloyal

Wow.I'm in the midst of the shitiest and most stressful working week of the year so far and haven't had any time at all to dip into RM at all over the last couple of days. I'm beset with anxiety,have been contemplating resigning for the last hour and can't sleep, so have got up to try and clear my head and have come on line to discover this. Suddenly the world is potentially a brighter place.............please God make this happen and could you throw in six numbers in the Lottery too? I'm gonna smoke a fag, have a wank then go back to bed to dream of the Famous Glasgow Rangers being hoisted out of the grubber.

I'll keep my eyes peeled but I'd be amazed if any of them came to the SPL and were outstanding and that's based on nothing more than a gut feeling, going on what I've witnessed previously.

How am I ignoring markets with decent players at cheap prices? I'm not. I'm saying there's other factors you need to take into account. I said Africa would be my choice of scouting network.

Well some of those guys I mentioned are being scouted by huge clubs in Europe so people that know more about football than you or me must be impressed. And most of those guys I mentioned could shred the SPL, Shea and Najar especially. Rangers aren't playing in La Liga remember...

It's like saying don't scout players from Sweden because Svensson was crap, that would clearly be foolish

Looked at the first page and I cba reading every page.

Can someone tell me if there is any truth in this or is it completely made up.

Someone give me the low down !!!!!!!

All over the media, in tomorrow's Record and Herald. Ewen Cameron is running with it, as is Jim Traynor who are both known to be extremely close sources to Sir David.

This looks real.

Whyte, a Scottish billionaire, possibly along with Ellis and some Russian guy called Antonov.

Well some of those guys I mentioned are being scouted by huge clubs in Europe so people that know more about football than you or me must be impressed. And most of those guys I mentioned could shred the SPL, Shea and Najar especially. Rangers aren't playing in La Liga remember...

It's like saying don't scout players from Sweden because Svensson was crap, that would clearly be foolish

But there's other clubs out there that can scout a player with potential and mould him into something we can't.

When have we ever scouted a talent from a cheaper market and turned him into a player? I'm struggling here.

I'm not saying don't buy anyone from Sweden because of Svensson but when it comes to bringing players to the SPL - for every Larsson we get half a dozen Svensson's - going on history and I can't see that changing any time soon tbh.

Looked at the first page and I cba reading every page.

Can someone tell me if there is any truth in this or is it completely made up.

Someone give me the low down !!!!!!!

i started the post that we had been sold for £32m,its now all over the early editions of the daily record and herald.we'll just need to wait for the official statement from the club.

At the time we got Svensson there was alot of clubs looking at him and he had rave reviews in his homeland. He just couldn't adjust to the SPL and I think that was a one off. There was one Swede that done really well over here but i can't remember his name.....

All over the media, in tomorrow's Record and Herald. Ewen Cameron is running with it, as is Jim Traynor who are both known to be extremely close sources to Sir David.

This looks real.

Whyte, a Scottish billionaire, possibly along with Ellis and some Russian guy called Antonov.

Trying to keep calm here :D

Quality news but lets not jump the gun because we have been disappointed before.

Is he a gers fan ?

At the time we got Svensson there was alot of clubs looking at him and he had rave reviews in his homeland. He just couldn't adjust to the SPL and I think that was a one off. There was one Swede that done really well over here but i can't remember his name.....

Big Jocky Bjorkland was immense, thinking on it.

Trying to keep calm here :D

Quality news but lets not jump the gun because we have been disappointed before.

Is he a gers fan ?

He's had a box at Ibrox for so many years and seems to be a proper bluenose.

Here's fucking hoping! :D

"Venture capitalist Whyte - whose business interests are worth a massive £1billion - was brought up in Motherwell and went on to amass a fortune through shrewd investments."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3233965/Millionaire-fan-Craig-Whyte-is-set-to-buy-Rangers.html#ixzz15adBYrkZ

Fucking hell OP, Bang on the money!