Takeover talk - Rangers confirm Whyte talks

cwoodloyal

I know that doing Sequels to movies can sometimes be great theatre and I have seen some decent ones in my time such as "Back to the future", "Police Academy", "Highlander" etc but I don't think I want to sit through a sequel to "Rangers! Groundhog day.....Wake me up if it happens. :anguish:

Not read through the whole thread, too many pages. However, I'm not going to get too carried away or excited, the last takeover nonsense tought me a few lesson's.

Out of the blue, a billionaire Rangers man appears, seem's a bit strange to me. We shall see!?

There will be loads of rumours flying around, alot ill be started by paranoid taigs and the rest will be from people with genuine concerns. Try not to get too sucked in to this at the moment as obviously there will be more to come surely from both parties

Got a phone call yesterday evening from a source, also known to kplfishtank.

Source claimed he'd got this one from the bus company man who is presently in the States.

"Craig Thomas Whyte" he said (though why the middle name was mentioned, I've no idea?). :sherlock:

Like most, I've seen all the front and back page coverage of it this morning.

A: It could be true.

B: It could be a classic Murray tactic of stealing the headline thunder off the Taigs as they have their AGM today and it's all bullshit.

C: It could be both or none of the above.

Either way, only time will tell.

I reckon the RST will be seeking "clarification" soon. :sherlock:

I bet it was a reverse call the jew boy :D

Thursday, 18 November 2010

NEW ERA FOR RANGERS

IF the Craig Whyte takeover of Rangers goes ahead, then it could herald a new and totally different era at Ibrox.

At the moment the chances of the deal going through are no more than maybe slightly better than 50-50. There's many a slip etc....

However, if the deal is done, one of the things I would advise Whyte to do on becoming the major Ibrox shareholder, is to review the club's banking arrangements.

Quite frankly, since Lloyds arrived on the scene, having taken over the Halifax, there has been nothing but carnage at Ibrox.

Indeed, if it had not been for the fighting spirit of chief executive Martin Bain, allied to his great love of the club and acute business sense, those bankers at Lloyds may even have wrecked Rangers completely.

As it is, there are many with business and banking expertise who question the Lloyds tactics and wonder at their motives.

Bain has been forced to fight a rearguard action in much the same way as the BEF had to in their flight to the sea and evacutation. A sort of Rangers version of the Dunkirk spirit, if you like.

Now though the tide of the war may be about to turn. Not, in Churchill's words, the end of the beginning, but the beginning of the end.

Frankly, there are few Rangers supporters I have spoken to who would wish the club to continue their financial relationship with Lloyds.

The precedent for change is also there in the memory of what happened at Celtic when, with their then bankers knocking at the Parkhead door, Fergus McCann saved the club at the eleventh hour...and by the time the clock struck midnight had moved Celtic's accounts to another bank.

There are other major matters which Whyte must address, if and when, the sale goes through.

Manager Walter Smith, has worked wonders, in close alliance with Bain, making good use of the meagre resources the chief executive's efforts won him, lifting six trophies - including back-to-back titles - and steering Rangers to a European final. He must be handed cash in January.

It need not be anything like the megabucks Sir David Murray lavished on Dick Advocaat, but two to four million would massively increase Smith's chances of making it three-in-a-row.

That is something he did in the 1990s, which had not been managed by Rangers since Bill Struth pulled it off in the 30s, and which Advocaat, despite Murray's multi millions, never came close to pulling off.

Of course there will be other important things for Whyte to attend to if he does get his feet under the boardroom table.

Who knows, a new man at the helm with a few bob to spare might just convince the old silver fox to stay on for another year...though I doubt it.

Therefore Whyte's attention must focus quickly on the succession, and the man Smith believes should get his chance, Ally McCoist, should be quickly confirmed.

Image too must be addressed. One of the problems Whyte will inherit from the Murray era is the way the professionals inside Rangers have been prevented from being more proactive in their approach to some of the wild and inaccurate statements some journalists - Odious Creep in particular - have peddled.

Therefore Whyte may feel that, as a new broom, he should sweep out some of the rubbish.

Engaging the very best defamation lawyers in the land would be a start, plus making personal contacts with a wide range of the huge number of good ,solid, professional, hard working and fair minded journalists from both sides of the Old Firm divide.

It is a tactic which many believe has been part of the publicity success Celtic have enjoyed under the reign of chief executive, Peter Lawwell.

Bain will also be a huge asset for Whyte in this area, as he not only knows what's what, but also who's who.

Freed from the shackles imposed on him by, first Murray, and then those bankers at Lloyds, Bain should be given the chance to show how he can wield real power.

But he is not the only one within Ibrox who, if unleashed by a new owner, could well show those who snipe and snide away in what many see as malicious and unfounded attacks - Odious Creep for instance - that they will have to come to terms with a new era.

And a new reality!

From leggoland

He thinks 50/50

i actually got banned from FF months ago for posting something bout the jelavic transfer that actually turned out to be true the next day. :lol:

Its weird my cousin livs in England and apart from him any other bear i know is banned from FF :lol:

just gonna ask this, why would anyone want to buy the club when we have this tax thing over our head?

Because Rangers were never going to lose the tax case mate. Every other club ho had used it won their court case prior to us having ours.

Only phil mcgobshite and Darrel King who was hiding an alterior motive at the time had us down to be fucked up over it