See that Kenny Miller

Boab

Millers not good enough to be a lone striker. Simple.

When was the last time he was played as a lone striker for us and it actually worked spot on?

And by worked I mean he was able to get on the ball, hold it up, bring others into play, work the channels and look dangerous when through on goal.

It seems Kenny Miller has developed into a striker that focuses mainly on getting in the box rather than doing too much work outside the box.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He frustrates the fuck out of me but he is a tryer . But who else noticed the red scumbag who got on the pitch to kiss mr potato face after the penalty WILL THEY BE PUNISHED ???????

Did it offend or hurt you in any way ?

What i would say is tonight showed the difference between Premiership and SPL. Miller is known as a fast player in the SPL, but tonight he had a mini race v Carrick and Carrick won at a canter. Carrick isn't even known as one of the speed merchants in the Utd team but the physical level of prem teams is so much more impressive than of the SPL.

Same, its so sad that their is that much of a difference between the two leagues. Premiership players are just that one step ahead in every single department, and that wont change any time soon.

Not to sure if this is a pointless fact or not but that is the third Champions League game where I have seen him do the following

Get the ball in the box, take 1 or 2 touches before trying to shoot. Why can't he just blast it first time?

He's not good enough for this level (CL), he is useless in the lone-role (not all his fault). He's lost his pace, his distribution is shocking and he doesn't know the offside rule... but, in Scotland, he does a job, and has been one of our better players.

He's out of contract in the summer, if he doesn't sign a new deal, then we replace him. We've lost bigger and better players and will continue to do so.

I don't like his attitude at times and he can be lazy, instead of moving for the ball he chooses to blame others and he's a hit or a miss when he's got time. Instead of striking the ball in the 1st half, he took 2,3,4 extra touches and passes it back.

We played the "boot it 50 yards up the field to Kenny" game again today. It's quite unfair on him.

And the times we played the ball into his feet and he turned into trouble, failed to make the run, got caught offside... Unfair, at times, yes, but he's just not good enough for that level and HE CANNOT play the lone role!

And the times we played the ball into his feet and he turned into trouble, failed to make the run, got caught offside... Unfair, at times, yes, but he's just not good enough for that level and HE CANNOT play the lone role!

Totally agree that he can't play as a lone striker, but just lofting the ball up to him doesn't help. 9 times out of 10 he is offside. He reminds me more and more of Boyd after every European game. Not signing a new contract, terrible in Europe, banging them in on a consistent basis in the league, forever offside... I think the role he plays in Europe would have been great for Jelavic.

His work-rate is a massive myth to many folk - particular to folk to watch on TV - as he might give a short burst but the folk at games in particular see he doesn't work as hard as some might think.

Tannochside Bear and Muff have also posted many good posts about Kenny Miller regarding this and other facets to his game.

He's not good enough for this level (CL), he is useless in the lone-role (not all his fault). He's lost his pace, his distribution is shocking and he doesn't know the offside rule... but, in Scotland, he does a job, and has been one of our better players.

He's out of contract in the summer, if he doesn't sign a new deal, then we replace him. We've lost bigger and better players and will continue to do so.

I don't like his attitude at times and he can be lazy, instead of moving for the ball he chooses to blame others and he's a hit or a miss when he's got time. Instead of striking the ball in the 1st half, he took 2,3,4 extra touches and passes it back.

Agreed, on the last paragraph, he often wouldn't run the channels when we were looking for that.