Terry Butcher - Next Rangers Manager?

AljayBoy

We are all pretty much in agreement that TB shouldn't be the next manager, so other than Ally, are there any other realistic contenders?

Half decent foreign managers must be hesitant after the PLG saga, leaving our best bet being a British guy.

No sure who though, other than those mentioned (Davies, McInnes etc).

Billy Davies is another one whose name saddens me when i hear it linked with the Rangers job

The guy has done fuck all of note. He got Derby promoted 4 years ago. Wow. He was also sacked with just 1 win by January. He is despised by every chairman he works under, and no wonder when all he does is whine weekly about how he's not being backed enough, how he's not being given enough money blah blah. The guy is a hateful wee scrote. If he was Celtic manager, we'd hate him more than Lennon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he seems to have improved alot as a manager since his early tries.

but hes is a cunt who shat on the memory of davie cooper to sell a book or two.

fuck him and the horse he rode into town on.

He was sacked in under a year in both his jobs before ICT.

See- there is a real lack of realistic managers that would want to come to Rangers. I remember Slaven Bilic saying a while ago he would walk to Glasgow if any of us two came in for him. Really like him and the football he plays, although he has limited, if any(?), club football management.

Can't see us getting a guy of his calibre however, just who I would like.

Terry Butcher as the Rangers manager? Somebody is coming the fucking hee-haw here.

Terry Butcher has been sacked more times than an Irish tattie crop. :anguish:

So let's look at his record in management and see if he's got the credentials to be let anywhere near a job at Ibrox, never mind as manager...Read on!

Coventry City ~ SACKED (td)

Sunderland ~ SACKED (td)

Motherwell ~ Technically should have been relegated in 2002-2003 season finished bottom of SPL.

Sydney FC ~ SACKED (td) (td) (td)

Brentford ~ SACKED (td)

Scotland ~ Assistant to Burley (td)

Inverness Caley Thistle ~ Relegated 2009 season and fortunate not to be sacked after a disastrous start to life in Div.1 ....

Aye! He's a top boss is the Butcher, nae doobt aboot it doh

I don't care who we get as long as they win the league, take us on in Europe and conduct themselves according to the model behaviour demonstrated by Sir Walter (tu)

That certainly rules out a man who inferred that Davie Cooper was a sectarian bigot years after his death

What did Butcher actually say ? I heard he said something about being sick of the helicopter Sunday or something along those lines.

I've been hearing this recently as well <cr> Saying he was tired of hearing about it and wished it never happened.

Billy Davies is another one whose name saddens me when i hear it linked with the Rangers job

The guy has done fuck all of note. He got Derby promoted 4 years ago. Wow. He was also sacked with just 1 win by January. He is despised by every chairman he works under, and no wonder when all he does is whine weekly about how he's not being backed enough, how he's not being given enough money blah blah. The guy is a hateful wee scrote. If he was Celtic manager, we'd hate him more than Lennon

Hold on there mate some of us like wee Davies. He is a fiery character but an out and out Rangers man and a better manager than you are giving him credit for.

As for Terry Butcher. I think the world of the big Englishman but he isn't is my thoughts as a future Rangers manager at this moment in time but never say never(tu)

Butcher = traitor

Goughy = too fond of South American exports (dunno if he still is), but a sound guy when I have met him

Sally = in the Sir Walter mould and has served us impeccably well. Gets my vote. Will he be a good manager? Only time will tell.

WATP

Butcher = traitor

Goughy = too fond of South American exports (dunno if he still is), but a sound guy when I have met him

Sally = in the Sir Walter mould and has served us impeccably well. Gets my vote. Will he be a good manager? Only time will tell.

WATP

I don't understand, what is it he's done ?

Not read through the whole thread so someone may have raised this point:

First of all I would be really disappointed if Butcher were to be made manager of Rangers, I think the club is too big for him and would fail miserably, secondly things in the past he's said about the fans wouldn't make him a popular character.

As for Coisty taking over as manager, I feel he deserves his chance, but people must remember that if/when we are taken over and have new owners they might not want Coisty as manager, so even though SDM, Walter and Co have indicated that Coisty will be the next manager it might not happen.

I wouldn't mind someone with a bit more experience working with Ally, maybe as number two, but Terry Butcher wouldn't be my first choice.

Whats Ray Wilkins doing these days . . . :rolleyes:

Wilkins !!!! He would be a fantastic addition - I like the idea of him and McCoist

Hold on there mate some of us like wee Davies. He is a fiery character but an out and out Rangers man and a better manager than you are giving him credit for.

Yeah i'm sure some of us do like him, but it's entirely because he played for Rangers. If somebody is an out and out sour faced, hateful cunt, i couldn't care less if they're a Rangers fan. I'll still hate them

Normally you have a rough idea who is going to be on the shortlist the next time the job comes around, but at the moment the list of names that are normally circulatied is fairly unispiring.

Most people seem to think we will stick with a British coach (myself included) and guys like Davies, Butcher, McInnes, Levein, Irvine, McLeish & McCoist are brought up over and over again and they just don't inspire me with that much confidence at all (i do think that both McInnes and Irvine will be good managers, and McCoist deserves his chance)

Throw in other names that are likely to circulate i.e Phil Brown, Graeme Souness, Sam Allardyce & Nigel Worthinghton and it becomes more and more obvious that we could really be doing with Smith staying on for a few more years yet.

I'm still hoping that when push comes to shove he won't be able to walk away, but it's looking more and more likely that he will leave :(

If we get a buyer with a decent bit of financial clout, I think Walter may be persuaded to stay on for a bit.

It may well be all the "non-footballing" matters that are wearing him down and diluting his appetite.

It's amazing whit a wee bit o cash can dae tae some folk................................:crabflute: