The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

I feel for Ally if this does not go through.

I only hope that our fans see that it will be almost Mission: Impossible and do not turn against the wee man.

wont happen im affraid, we all knew this would be a tough season yet some cant accept we aint wrapped it up allready. even drawing with man u was not enough cause we couldhave tanked them if we attacked

AJ quoted on relationship with the bank:

"They look on us as a short-term project. We've been asking them if we sell players is there any certainty that we would get all the money back to spend. Or even 80 per cent of it. It makes our management very difficult. How can we plan for selling players when we don't know how much we will get to keep?

"The management are reluctant to sell players because they don't know if they'll get money to replace them.

"The bank haven't grasped we should have started dealing with Madjid Bougherra's contract a year ago to extract value in the transfer market. So they are compromising our ability to plan."

..and on Muir being put on the board:

"A condition of our credit facility agreement has him as a representative of the bank on the board. It's been terribly compromising.

In addition, read any of Smith's recent interviews where he has mnetioned the bank and the restrictions that have been placed on him. The man is at the end of this tether with the constraints he has worked within, particularly over the past couple of years.

Don't think we are oging to agree on this one however so feel free to carry on thinking that all in the garden is rosey while the club's best assets continue to be sold off and the quality of our squad continues ot decline.

What AJ really said about Muir.

Johnston said that Muir and McGill, by definition, could not participate in the process. “The roles of Donald Muir and Mike McGill are different from the other Rangers directors. They [Muir and McGill] are there for their employer, which is the seller [Murray]. So they cannot be a part of a group examining any deal, because there is an obvious conflict of interest there.”

But why let the facts get in the way of a nice bit of spunKing spin.

Continuing on from saying we could lose mcgregor bougherra Davis and papac with no take over. We could then sign. Cammy bell. Prince buaben. Gomes. Conway. And the hearts defender who's name escapes me on bosmans and probably on less net wages. This is not doomsday. It's just gonna be longer till we get out of it.

If we sell those players we could be looking at around 15-20 million. 8-10 for mcgregor. 3-5 each for the other two. U could almost pay off the debt. But would need bosmans as replacements. It might be worth taking the hit for one or two seasons.

Sorry mate, but we wont get anywhere near that for mcgregor.

I feel for Ally if this does not go through.

I only hope that our fans see that it will be almost Mission: Impossible and do not turn against the wee man.

I dread next season if the takeover isn't complete

We almost certainly won't be in the CL, 3 or 4 of our best players will leave, and it'll be bargain basement signings once again

I doubt this story is true, we've not even been banned yet but if Whyte is having second thoughts because UEFA have unfairly targeted us the fans then he can get to fuck. If he's not prepared to buy the club and defend us then he can get to fuck.

I am starting to think the same, every time I come on the site I look for this thread and if there is a new post then I look to see if it is good news, and so far no new news. The possible fans ban in Europe was being discussed in here last night. I am sure my opinion is different from most, so I will just have to hope that some day soon we get the news most of us are waiting for. :)

(tu) Hopefully! To think this thread started with the deal being "completed".

I dread next season if the takeover isn't complete

We almost certainly won't be in the CL, 3 or 4 of our best players will leave, and it'll be bargain basement signings once again

The standard of player will drop again. The guys at the club have been juggling on four fronts for most of the season and have done reasonably well. There won't be any signings anywhere near the class that Jelavic has been showing recently, that is for sure. £4m transfers of today will fade into the past and will seem like the £12m fee we once paid for Flo.

There was a guy who done the bouncy when sky broke the news that the deal was done. Wot a waste of energy. For what it's worth I think this is the begining of the end not with regards to the leauge but in terms of the whyte takeover.

You have the tax man, the supposed bill for the asbestos, a huge debt and issues arrising out the blue from left field and right field.

The money demands keep piling up.

The future of rangers football club hangs by a thread.

No matter if whyte takes over or not, I'll be their backing my team 100%, We would never go bust. Its time for our fans to stand united and get us through these next few year no matter how they pan out-RFC dont/ never will depend on whyte we will be here long after were gone

The point of the matter is, without a takeover things could go horribly wrong for the club on and off the field. The standard of player would effectively drop and it would perhaps mean coming second best to the fucking jakey bastards across the water for the foreseeable future, something none of us want to happen.

The tax case looms over the club also, something that being honest nobody knows the outcome of. If we are found liable the effects could be devastating.

The takeover has dragged on for nearly 6 months now, to no avail. Things do not look good. We are being targeted by all corners of the globe, we are being hit with fines ranging from £80,000 - £2.5m and to be honest they couldn't have come at a worse time.

We as supporters probably need to look at our own behaviour especially at this current moment. The club cannot afford to pay for our "sectarian-ness". I do not agree with this "You's can't sing this and that" because quite frankly we should be able to sing what we want. But, until they go home that looks as though its going to be very very difficult to do.

We have been locked in this saga for a while now. The first post in this thread was back in November saying "Talks at advanced stage". One only has to wonder how far talks have actually progressed since then. One day it will happen, this club will have new ownership. The worrying thing is, I for one do not think it will be any time soon.

Does it really? The future of The Rangers is ensured by hundreds of thousands of supporters the world over.

We are the club.

Indeed. It baffles me when people say stuff like that. The Rangers had nothing but a future when it was just some lads in a park. Tax bills, UEFA sanctions, bankruptcy, none of these things can bury the club as anything other than a major business.

Indeed. It baffles me when people say stuff like that.

Don’t let it baffle you for a moment longer, Jamie. For the fantasies of some poor wee souls extend no further than imagining they could bring our greatest of clubs to it’s knees.

What is the worst that could happen? The Rangers in administration for a short period would be it as far as I can see. A highly undesirable outcome I know - but far from the end of us.

To large a thread to go through all the pish to see if this has already been said, but

If Fridays daily rhebel is to be believed regarding the story about Whyte dumping the

takeover because of the Uefa charge then I say,

FUCK HIM & HIS CASH

If he's not willing to back the club or the fans in this fight, then I don't want him

anywhere near our club, if he's a real fan like most of us (no handwringers) then he

should be able to see that we are the ones being persecuted here, if he doesn't,

then he is of no use to us.

So Mr Whyte, I only have one question.

ARE YOU WITH US, OR AGAINST US ?

Whyte already said after the first charge it changed nothing, so I doubt the 2nd would either.

Also if the tax case was the stumbling block they'd just say so rather than drag it out and keep it a wee naughty secret from us all. They'd say everything is agreed but no deal will be done pending the result of the tax case, end of story.

Too many tims looking for ways this deal won't happen, it may not but it won't be for the reasons everyone assumes as if they were true the deal would have been over long ago or we'd be told it depends on the tax case.

To large a thread to go through all the pish to see if this has already been said, but

If Fridays daily rhebel is to be believed regarding the story about Whyte dumping the

takeover because of the Uefa charge then I say,

FUCK HIM & HIS CASH

If he's not willing to back the club or the fans in this fight, then I don't want him

anywhere near our club, if he's a real fan like most of us (no handwringers) then he

should be able to see that we are the ones being persecuted here, if he doesn't,

then he is of no use to us.

So Mr Whyte, I only have one question.

ARE YOU WITH US, OR AGAINST US ?

"FUCK HIM & HIS CASH" is a bit too strong, but an excellent post none the less. If this is enough to get him to drop his interest then i don't want him at the club. The current owner IMO did not have the drive to defend the club against its enemies and we certainly don't need another owner like this.

Another week and nothing...

No takeover, and we are in trouble.

I am by nature an optimist, not a pessimist, but i would be lying if i said the thought has never crossed my mind that this takeover could hit the skids, half me beleives that it is the nature of Craig White to take his time and pour over the fine details of a business deal, hence his successes, but i also fear he is thinking, where does all this bad news end, i really do hope i'm wrong, P.S I woke up this morning, looked at the sky and thought to myself, THANK GOD I'M A PROTESTANT, and i don't give a fuckin rats arse who hears me, WATP

Effectivley rangers have been fined 80000 quid plus 100000 thousand quid. In addition to this no gate recipts. An estimated 2.2 millions in total. So in the past two weeks we have had this uefa charge plus the new tax bill.

Around 4.5 million pounds sterling

no wonder whyte won't take over

Effectivley rangers have been fined 80000 quid plus 100000 thousand quid. In addition to this no gate recipts. An estimated 2.2 millions in total. So in the past two weeks we have had this uefa charge plus the new tax bill.

Around 4.5 million pounds sterling

no wonder whyte won't take over

All speculation.

this take over will probably still be on hold this time next year at the end of the day whyte the question is deal or no deal just hurry up and answer the question and let all us fans know asap, As for us getting hammered by euefa that is a piss take are we the only club in the world to sing sectarian songs get a grip cause i dont think so