The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

I for one, won't be renewing my ST until I know what's happening one way or another, and I suspect there will be many more taking the same view.

I hope this latest talk is just timmy shite or putting pressure on Whyte, but if it's confirmed and we've been led up the garden path, Murray and co can get tae.

If Rangers are going down it won't be with my money.

That wont happen and it's disappointing you sound like you would let it.

I for one, won't be renewing my ST until I know what's happening one way or another, and I suspect there will be many more taking the same view.

I hope this latest talk is just timmy shite or putting pressure on Whyte, but if it's confirmed and we've been led up the garden path, Murray and co can get tae.

Ahhhhhhh...everyone panic..... :lol:

I think the way people see it affecting the player is that if there is no takeover, they have their futures at Ibrox to play for under Ally. He may decide to sell some but if they perform well now it may change his opinion. If a takeover went through maybe they'd think their careers at the club were a little more secure even if Ally wasn't so keen to keep the numbers up. I suppose there are endless possibilities.

Maybe its Ellis that the board are not so keen on?

if there is no takeover you can say cheerio to the likes of bougherra,davis,mcgregor possibly jelavic meaning we could be playing second fiddle to they cunts across the city

if whyte is upset at ppl holding it up all he needs to do is bid for the club, then if his bid is not accepted

we will know its either murray or aj thats holding it up and they will have to come out and let the fans know why.

the press association have got fuck all right so far so i wouldnt believe the statements they are releasing.

Thats the fuckin spirit eh! Well done mate. I'll be there no matter what, because im a rangers fan.

In our days of darkness we must reveal tolerance and sanity....ring any bells?

if there is no takeover you can say cheerio to the likes of bougherra,davis,mcgregor possibly jelavic meaning we could be playing second fiddle to they cunts across the city

I'm already aware of this.

The scary thing is though, some people on here say they won't be renewing season tickets etc and without a takeover going through that will give Ally even less money! Its obvious without a t/o things will be gloomy next year, if Lloyds go with their £1m wage cuts.

If it does't go through, we will definitely see who the real supporters of Rangers are.

Just came across this recent article in The Mirror.

Gers takeover bid set to drag on

Craig Whyte's bid to buy Rangers hit a snag on Monday night with Ibrox chairman Alastair Johnston wanting talks to continue to the end of the season, sources have told Press Association Sport.

The proposed deal, which was originally costed at around £33million, would see the Scottish tycoon take over 75% of Sir David Murray's shareholding, with London-based property developer Andrew Ellis becoming a 25% partner.

The takeover bid has turned in to something of a saga and it is understood that Whyte is more than frustrated about the hold-up after meeting all the criteria laid down by Murray and agreeing terms with Lloyds Bank.

A source close to Whyte's camp told Press Association Sport: "Craig Whyte is in a position to close the deal immediately.

"Everything is ready to go but some members of the independent committee are dragging their heels and want to delay the takeover until the end of the season."

Advertisement - article continues below »

Johnston is part of the independent committee which comprises of Rangers board members - including chief executive Martin Bain, John McClelland, Donald McIntyre and John Greig - and although they cannot block the deal going through, they could delay it.

Whyte's camp believe the delay is "unnecessary" and it is understood that the Motherwell-born businessman is reluctant to allow the saga to stretch until the end of the campaign as the club have season tickets to sell and manager-in-waiting Ally McCoist has pre-season preparations to make and a squad to assemble.

Whyte, who made his money as a venture capitalist and is now based in London, confirmed in a statement to the Stock Exchange back in November that he was considering making an offer for Rangers and was in talks with Murray International Holdings.

If he succeeds, a sum of around £25million could be made available over five years for investment in team development, as well as the club's debt being paid off.

A spokesman for Rangers told Press Association Sport that Bain has been in Scottish Premier League meetings all day and had not spoken to Johnston. Johnston was not available for comment when approached by Press Association Sport.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/latest/2011/04/18/gers-takeover-bid-set-to-drag-on-115875-23070885/#ixzz1JuQ3DPsB

Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information

I'm already aware of this.

The scary thing is though, some people on here say they won't be renewing season tickets etc and without a takeover going through that will give Ally even less money! Its obvious without a t/o things will be gloomy next year, if Lloyds go with their £1m wage cuts.

If it does't go through, we will definitely see who the real supporters of Rangers are.

A ST doesn't make you a great supporter, despite what the suits say. :rolleyes: