The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

i think this is the perfect time for the takeover to pick up pace, most of the team are away on international duty or recovering from injurys. Most of the attention inside the club can be turned to this now and im glad too see it pick up a bit of pace.

While I know nothing about Whyte's net worth, I doubt Mortimer is the front man for the deal. He may be helping Whyte with his networking up here but perhaps not in a formal, investing sense (yet)...

Oh well, that's reassuring. :anguish:

Is Fraggle chipping in a few quid tae? :sherlock:

Ok mate thanks.

The deadlines all seem to be media driven rather than anyone connected to the deal. When news broke on SSN Jim Whyte said the deal would be done by today and if not next Friday. Thats where the deadline for today came from

Spot on mate, I dont think anyone in the club has came out and said it would be done by today ? the date has been talked up by the media.

Not expecting closure on this today but we should certainly know more this time next week. Tax 'query' still needs resolved.

Several plans of action are being ratified by Colin Massie et al at D&W but as yet no agreement.

Craig Whyte has certainly been pressing the flesh over last fortnight, meeting a few well-kent high net worth bears. Can he attract further investment though?

Overall, I believe solution is closer than ever before but may just not be as clear cut as we'd like. Patience is a virtue... ;)

So he has not yet even secured the investment....I'm stunned :lol:

Nightclub owners and the like are just not going to cut it I'm afraid

So he has not yet even secured the investment....I'm stunned :lol:

No, I'd imagine he's just looking for extra investment from people who are allegedly interesting in putting in once our current owner (and bank) have left.

:)

No, I'd imagine he's just looking for extra investment from people who are allegedly interesting in putting in once our current owner (and bank) have left.

:)

I'm sure that's what it is.....have we not been here before with the Parks ?

This is an utter farce....again. Genuinely depresses me to see our club belittled like this

You obviously don't know much about the Glasgow nightclub industry :lol:

A man with the begging bowl out to night club and curry shop owners up against a billionare....and some of our fans are excited about this....deary me.....

I hate saying this kinda thing, but i know a LOT about him and he’s not someone we want near The Rangers. If he is involved there will be stories printed about who he deals with and all that.

It’s not a good sign, believe me.

You obviously don't know much about the Glasgow nightclub industry :lol:

A man with the begging bowl out to night club and curry shop owners up against a billionare....and some of our fans are excited about this....deary me.....

:lol:

Tell me about it. Gangster my arse! :lol:

Im not excited, im sick of it, again.

I hate saying this kinda thing, but i know a LOT about him and he’s not someone we want near The Rangers. If he is involved there will be stories printed about who he deals with and all that.

It’s not a good sign, believe me.

I grew up working in the glasgow nightclub industry and I know exactly what, and probably who , you are talking about.

I am in complete agreement with you

I grew up working in the glasgow nightclub industry and I know exactly what, and probably who , you are talking about.

I am in complete agreement with you

There’s a LOT about him. I know him fairly well and like him as a person, but, and “but” is all i’ll say :/

There’s a LOT about him. I know him fairly well and like him as a person, but, and “but” is all i’ll say :/

I know a fair few people who have dealings with him in the past, and as you say he is a nice person once you meet him, but we dont really need the sort of publicity he may bring with him.

I know a fair few people who have dealings with him in the past, and as you say he is a nice person once you meet him, but we dont really need the sort of publicity he may bring with him.

That’s the way i feel. If he is “helping” Whyte find investors, well fair enough, but if he himself puts money in i will cringe like fuck waiting on the stories coming out.