The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

I don't know about you guys, but I see SSN being there as extremely positive. Everything in football media these days is organised and my incling (it may of course be wrong so don't shoot me) is that SSN have been arranged.

Hope so, but is Tanner not based in Glasgow? If he is it wouldn't be difficult for him to pop along, not sure tho.

Hope so, but is Tanner not based in Glasgow? If he is it wouldn't be difficult for him to pop along, not sure tho.

If he is then I suppose he could, but I don't think SSN would do that to fill up a quiet nights news. But who knows!

Here is the latest from SSN which kind of kills the Evening Tims story about Lloyds:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6839536,00.html

Errr, someone tell me if I am wrong, but are the quotes found on the Sky Sports article not direct from Frankie's post earlier?

Dear Frankie,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about Rangers Football Club. I am sure you will appreciate that as Rangers is a commercial customer of Lloyds Banking Group there is a limited amount that we can say within the confines of customer confidentiality.

What I can assure you is that we understand the concerns you have, given recent media speculation. Lloyds Baking Group continues to recognise the importance of Rangers FC to its supporters, shareholders and to the wider football industry in Scotland. We remain completely committed to supporting the Board of Rangers FC in their plan to ensure the financial stability of the club.

Any potential sale of the club is a matter for Rangers Football Club and its shareholders. Suggestions that Lloyds Banking Group is blocking a deal to acquire the club are baseless and without foundation.

Kind regards

Ross

Errr, someone tell me if I am wrong, but are the quotes found on the Sky Sports article not direct from Frankie's post earlier?

It is the same word for word tbh The guy that sent Frankie it prob sent the same e-mail to the press.

no1 knows whats happening or what is really holding the deal up,

ffs im still hearing from some m8s cw dosnt have the money.

im still 50-50 on whether it will happen or not, but give up listening to any1

until i see it being confirmed 1 way or another by rangers fc or cw.

no1 knows whats happening or what is really holding the deal up,

ffs im still hearing from some m8s cw dosnt have the money.

im still 50-50 on whether it will happen or not, but give up listening to any1

until i see it being confirmed 1 way or another by rangers fc or cw.

Craig Whyte has the money. A deal has been struck between the two parties involved. The tax issue doesn't seem to be affecting things. Whyte is happy with results of due diligence. Things are ready to go. Lloyd's are holding things up with their ridiculousness. Rangers say they are at fault, Lloyd's say they are not.

Basically, the deal should be thrashed out before Friday. If not? Next season looks bleak.

You heard it here first :craphead:

Craig Whyte has the money. A deal has been struck between the two parties involved. The tax issue doesn't seem to be affecting things. Whyte is happy with results of due diligence. Things are ready to go. Lloyd's are holding things up with their ridiculousness. Rangers say they are at fault, Lloyd's say they are not.

Basically, the deal should be thrashed out before Friday. If not? Next season looks bleak.

not many facts in there at all

except maybe next season looking bleak...

proof of your above points?????

I dont see how this doomsday scenario will happen if we dont get taken over, can someone please explain, no takeover, we go as we are, tiny wage bill, making a profit, debt reduced again, whats so bad?

more cuts to be made and the wage bill will be slashed again?

thats bad enough.

more cuts to be made and the wage bill will be slashed again?

thats bad enough.

The wage bill was to be cut by £1m, thats no problem when you look at who is leaving in the summer. Right away around £4m will be getting cut form the wage bill, contracts ending, loans returning, leaving Ally with around £3m to play with. Its not all bad. Glass half full :blush:

not many facts in there at all

except maybe next season looking bleak...

David Tanner reported it on SSN earlier, I believe things are ready to go. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see though (tu)

The wage bill was to be cut by £1m, thats no problem when you look at who is leaving in the summer. Right away around £4m will be getting cut form the wage bill, contracts ending, loans returning, leaving Ally with around £3m to play with. Its not all bad. Glass half full :blush:

if it's as simple as you say then,fantastic.

i'm a glass half full guy myself mate,but one thing for sure,our club is slowly but surely being choked to death...

and it simply can't continue this way.

if it's as simple as you say then,fantastic.

i'm a glass half full guy myself mate,but one thing for sure,our club is slowly but surely being choked to death...

and it simply can't continue this way.

They can choke us for now as we are in their debt, but when we do eventually clear the debt, it will be upto us how we run our club, not the bank.

The agreed repayment plan 2 years ago was £1m per year, meaning we would have been in the banks debt for over 30 years at that rate, now, the debt has had almost £13m slashed from it in 2 years, that is impressive, 6 times what was agreed, im not convinced that was the banks doing, it may well be that our board, or rather Mr Muir and Chairman AJ paid back alot more than we had to, with a view to clearing the debt quicker.

In spite of all these cuts and savings we have remained a decent side on the pitch, credit to Walter and the lads for that and their success has allowed the club to repay the debt much quicker.

I dont think our situation is as bad as some love to make out. Sure our wage bill is embarrassing low, but it needs to be for now, we seem to be doing ok in spite of any restraints.

I tend to laugh at the scaremongering, i suppose my attitude would be different if we were not so successful on the pitch.

Im sure we will be fine, as we always are!

(tu)

They can choke us for now as we are in their debt, but when we do eventually clear the debt, it will be upto us how we run our club, not the bank.

The agreed repayment plan 2 years ago was £1m per year, meaning we would have been in the banks debt for over 30 years at that rate, now, the debt has had almost £13m slashed from it in 2 years, that is impressive, 6 times what was agreed, im not convinced that was the banks doing, it may well be that our board, or rather Mr Muir and Chairman AJ paid back alot more than we had to, with a view to clearing the debt quicker.

In spite of all these cuts and savings we have remained a decent side on the pitch, credit to Walter and the lads for that and their success has allowed the club to repay the debt much quicker.

I dont think our situation is as bad as some love to make out. Sure our wage bill is embarrassing low, but it needs to be for now, we seem to be doing ok in spite of any restraints.

I tend to laugh at the scaremongering, i suppose my attitude would be different if we were not so successful on the pitch.

Im sure we will be fine, as we always are!

(tu)

(tu)

This is getting really boring.

I put the whole blame at David Murray's door. He caused this and I'd be surprised if he isn't still instigating it.

I'd also be surprised if he isn't still fucking us over in a years time with us still debating his latest scams and pr spin.