The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

I take your word for it but i never heard him say that at all. <cr> He still knows no more than you or i.

I agree he knows no more than us but it still annoys me when they suggest this pish.

It's all ifs and buts!!

We do need CL money.

Our turnover in 2010 was £56 million. £16 million of that was from the Champions League. See here http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/01/51/72/68/1517268_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Without CL money our turnover would have been £40 million. Our Expenditure was £43 million. In short we need CL money to break even.

you keep using 2010 but have we not trimmed a lot of money off our expenditure.

and would a run to last 16 or 8 in europa league not get us the 3 million shortfall your going on about in your scenario?

How could our wage bill have went up?

We only really lost Boyd and Thomson off our main wage bill last season(as far as i can remember). We have added Jelavic, Weiss, Beattie(6 months) who i reckon between them will be more than the 2 we lost.

Diouff cancels out Miller.

Will be close but i still reckon slightly up.

you keep using 2010 but have we not trimmed a lot of money off our expenditure.

and would a run to last 16 or 8 in europa league not get us the 3 million shortfall your going on about in your scenario?

Im using 2010 because its the only thing we have as FACT mate. Everything else until we see this years accounts is pure speculation and conjecture. A run to the last 8 in Europa League may do it, but are we guaranteed that ?

Thats why our future business plan would not look good on paper. The year we got put out by Kaunas, we made a loss of £17.3 million. Thats puts things in perspective i think.

We only really lost Boyd and Thomson off our main wage bill last season(as far as i can remember). We have added Jelavic, Weiss, Beattie(6 months) who i reckon between them will be more than the 2 we lost.

Diouff cancels out Miller.

Will be close but i still reckon slightly up.

We lost alot more than those 2. The bank have been cutting it for 3 years, i cant see it being allowed to go up.

Its our total wage bill, no matter what way you cut it. As a club, we cant run without all the staff. Either way, if we want to pay all our wages and associated costs, then we need £28 million. That is an undisputable fact.

Not now we dont, we have cut some off of that and on Thursday it will give you an indication of how much we have cut from the costs.

Im using 2010 because its the only thing we have as FACT mate. Everything else until we see this years accounts is pure speculation and conjecture. A run to the last 8 in Europa League may do it, but are we guaranteed that ?

Thats why our future business plan would not look good on paper. The year we got put out by Kaunas, we made a loss of £17.3 million. Thats puts things in perspective i think.

who is HSmithers ?

It will not take us going to the last 8 to make £3million from the Europa League!

And the year we lost to Kaunas we had a huge down turn in figures, we lost £15m from Europe and spent £15m on players after that and carried the squad who took us to the Uefa Final, a huge squad on mega wages.

That is the year our current problems all started.

Not now we dont, we have cut some off of that and on Thursday it will give you an indication of how much we have cut from the costs.

The accounts will be released tomorrow ;-)

Remember these are only interim ones though so dont really tell us a lot.

It isnt £16 million. Thats a myth.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/staticFiles/f6/56/0,,5~153334,00.pdf

Wages and salaries 23,667,000

Contributions to employee trusts 1,358,000

Social security costs 2,818,000

Defined contribution pension costs 290,000

Total 2010 staff cost 28,133,000

It's players' wages that folk are talking about.

Would it make good business sense for DW to announce the official takeover on the same day as the accounts are made public?

Tmrw is it?, thats good, i know we wont get the full picture. Its normally only tarriers who are so obssessed with our finances, credit to you for being so passionate about them. But we still dont need CL money. :D

(tu)

It's players' wages that folk are talking about.

I was very specifically asked about our total wage bill Boss.

"What if DW buys us, clears every penny of debt, then puts X amount (lets say £5m plus money to pay every Rangers employees wages for a year) Is that not what he has basically said he’s going to do? "

That figure is £28 million for last year.

Tmrw is it?, thats good, i know we wont get the full picture. Its normally only tarriers who are so obssessed with our finances, credit to you for being so passionate about them. But we still dont need CL money. :D

(tu)

Aye we do :D

Lets look at facts

09/10 - IN CL = Profit

08/09 - Not in CL = Loss

07/08 - IN CL = Profit

06/07 - Not in CL = Loss

05/06 - IN CL = very small Loss

04/05 - In CL = Profit

Doesnt tell us anythign we didnt already know, OUR CLUB HAS BEEN RUN LIKE A WHORE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS. Thats why we want change, thats why we need change, Mr Murray and Mr Bain have been consistantly runnign us into the ground its now got so bad, the bank stopped us signing players for a while and actually took charge of the club!

Your facts dont tell me we need Champs League money, its tells me something more worrying, what i said above. And we, as a football club and business, should never be budgeting any year which included an income which wasnt guaranteed. Euro football should always be a bonus and should be used in arrears rather in advance.

Aye we do :D

I'm with you on this one buddie!

Until TV contracts etc pick up, we really need another base of solid income!, even if people do count it as a bonus.

A very valuable bonus. (tu)

Lets look at facts

09/10 - IN CL = Profit

08/09 - Not in CL = Loss

07/08 - IN CL = Profit

06/07 - Not in CL = Loss

05/06 - IN CL = very small Loss

04/05 - In CL = Profit

More facts

The other mob

09/10 - Not in CL = Loss

08/09 - IN CL = Profit

07/08 - IN CL = Profit

06/07 - IN CL = Profit

05/06 - Not in CL = Loss

04/05 - In CL = Loss

So thats 2 teams, 12 sets of results and not ONCE has either of us made a profit in the last 6 years without being in the CL.