Are Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and Iker Casillas feuding ?

mmrfc1873

Don’t expect Cristiano Ronaldo and Iker Casillas to exchange gifts this holiday season, much less acknowledge each other’s existence.

According to Cadena Ser of Spain, the Real Madrid players have all but declared war on each other and are creating an uncomfortable rift between teammates, who have taken sides between the club’s two biggest stars.

The bad blood apparently started in September, when Casillas’ girlfriend, sports reporter Sara Carbonero, called Ronaldo a “selfish” and “individualistic” player during a broadcast for TV station Tele Cinco.

CR7 reportedly took exception to this unflattering, yet dead-on, analysis, and called his teammate and captain to let him know about it.

“Iker responded by telling [Ronaldo] that his girlfriend is a journalist who is free to comment on whatever or whomever she chooses,” Cadena Ser’s José Ramón de la Morena claimed during the 'El Larguero' podcast.

This back-and-forth continued a bit longer before the relationship between both players quickly started to deteriorate. Even an intervention by Real Madrid President Florentino Perez, before the opening game of the 2009-10 La Liga season, failed to produce a truce.

Time has only worsened the situation, especially for Ronaldo, who now feels that most of his teammates have turned their backs on him.

“In Barcelona, when someone fouls [Lionel] Messi, all his teammates, almost on cue, gang up on his aggresor. He [Ronaldo] is alone, and very few teammates come to his defense (after a foul),” de la Morena said.

Supposedly, Ronaldo’s only friends on the Madrid squad are fellow Portuguese countryman Pepe, Marcelo, Ángel Di María and Lassana Diarra, who are usually the first teammates to gather around him and celebrate whenever he scores a goal.

Neither Ronaldo nor Casillas have commented on de la Morena’s claims, but even if there is any truth to them, things will most certainly be settled between both players behind closed doors.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_beautiful_blog/2010/12/are-real-madrids-cristiano-ron.html#ixzz18GI5aeF2

Heard a similar rumour on revista de la liga a few weeks ago as well, wont be surprised if its true.

Ronaldo really is a horrible wee cunt, I can honestly see him being in line for the selick job in a few years he is that much of a tool, aggreived by everything and shamed by nothing, I hope casillas gives him a swift boot in the haw maws and it's caught in full HD glory for us all to see!!!

Can you tell I dont like him :lol:

If it came down to it I think they would have to sell Ronaldo, it would be showing betrayal to the fans and players by selling the longest serving player and captain who's stuck by them for so long and who the majority of the players are siding with over a, well, no need to go into detail about what Ronaldo is, but absolute cunt.

Does this kinda think not happen alot in football teams no matter how it started or what it is about.

I see this blowing over within the next couple of weeks.

On Ronaldo tho I dislike him cause he is a big playboy (fantastic player mind you)

Does this kinda think not happen alot in football teams no matter how it started or what it is about.

I see this blowing over within the next couple of weeks.

On Ronaldo tho I dislike him cause he is a big playboy (fantastic player mind you)

It reads as though it dates back to last season.

They should try and keep both players but it would seem like Ronaldo would be the first to go, depending of course if all this is true. Both are fantastic players though and I think the support and management would obviously prefer if both stayed at the club.