Tims target the next Alan Hansen

RFC55

This mob are fucking pathetic. I cant believe this is another 1 who is the next/new player x.

Fucking pathetic

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has been told he will be landing the new Alan Hansen is he succeeds in snapping up Nottingham Forest centre-half Kelvin Wilson.

Lennon has been tracking Wilson since the summer, when the Hoops had a £1 million bid rejected by Forest, and is keen to add him to his squad in the January transfer window.

The centre of defence has been a major problem for the Parkhead club this season with Jos Hooiveld, Glenn Loovens, Daniel Majstorovic and Thomas Rogne all failing to convince.

But former Forest and Scotland centre-back Kenny Burns believes Wilson, who is out of contract in the summer, could be the answer to Celtic’s problems in that key area.

He said: “I have seen quite a lot of Kelvin. He is a big lad, over six foot but, strangely enough, his strength is not winning the ball. He prefers to play off somebody.

“He reminds me very much of Alan Hansen in his prime. Of course, he isn’t as good as Hansen was in his day, but he is similar in style. He knows how to play football.”

Meanwhile, Celtic could get the go-ahead to land Republic of Ireland internationalist Stephen Ireland on loan for the rest of the season from Aston Villa later on this week.

Lennon has watched the player in action for Villa, where he is not getting a regular game, in recent weeks and believes he can get him until the end of the season.

Villa owner Randy Lerner, though, will have to agree to pay half of the player’s £68,000 a week wages in the next few days if Ireland is to win a move to Glasgow.

One midfielder currently struggling to cement a place in the Hoops midfield, Efrain Juarez, last night admitted he is in “despair” about losing his place in the starting line-up.

The Mexican midfielder arrived at Celtic in a £3million deal from Pumas UNAM in the summer following some impressive performances for his country at the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa.

However, after making an early impact, Juarez’s form dipped and he has started just one game for Lennon’s side since the start of October.

He had been preoccupied with off-field controversies after he was fined and suspended by Mexico for six months following allegations of partying after a match against Colombia.

“I have started to despair at Celtic,” said Juarez. “I want to play and be a starter for the first team. But I just have to move on, get on with it and keep working hard.

“The coaches here have offered me their full support so I do not think what happened with Mexico has anything to do with me not playing.”

Hate this shite. Not once did the guy say, "he's as good as Hansen, if not better?!", he just said that his overall play is similar. But no, lets hype him up before the guy's even signed.

Also, Stephen Ireland?! Another midfielder. Maybe he could chum Kapo in the reserves.

The fact that Celtic have been in for Kelvin Wilson all this time & no Premier League team has been interested tells me a lot.

And if they want to blow their budget on expensive loan signings again that's fine with me

Wasn't Crosas called the next Xavi? :lol:

Aye that was another one! :lol:

The player that Barcelona desperately didn't want to let go, except sold him for around an initial fee of £150k.

“I have started to despair at Celtic,” said Juarez. “I want to play and be a starter for the first team. But I just have to move on, get on with it and keep working hard.

“The coaches here have offered me their full support so I do not think what happened with Mexico has anything to do with me not playing.”

Doesn't seem too happy. Would anyone be, taking orders from that ginger headed fuck? Honestly. He's a fucking orangutan in a tracksuit.

Rumours have been circulating too that Ledley hates life up here and wants out, especially after losing out on the chance to play European football. He's supposedly "disgraced" by the way the Club has handled itself in recent months over the refereeing saga. He's been found out too. I wouldn't say that he's ruined his career but he hasn't done it much help. When he was at Cardiff, Roma and other top European teams had been linked. Now, he's struggling badly in the SPL.

Stokes is also hated by most of the Celtic dressing room, as he was similarly at Hibs, according to some reports.

I also heard that Lennon took Rogne by the throat after the Dundee United game!

Happy days! :lol: