Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

If we are doing this to fund the Goodwillie deal then it makes great business sense for the medium to long-term.

But we will miss Miller (if he leaves) in the short term whether we get Goodwillie or not.

I think a few people are getting a wee bit ahead of themselves here. It sounds like there is mnore likelyhood of us losing Miller than signing Goodwillie. If we lose Miller for £700,000 and no more money is made available he won't be getting replaced. I'd rather take the hit and lose him for nothing in the summer. If he helps us retain the title it will have been worth it.

I think a few people are getting a wee bit ahead of themselves here. It sounds like there is mnore likelyhood of us losing Miller than signing Goodwillie. If we lose Miller for £700,000 and no more money is made available he won't be getting replaced. I'd rather take the hit and lose him for nothing in the summer. If he helps us retain the title it will have been worth it.

Is the midfield and attack particularly weakened if we have to switch to:

Weiss Davis Edu Lafferty

Naismith Jelavic

?

I certainly don't want Miller to go now for peanuts and especially when Walter says he won't get the money from any sale of our current team. I don't see the arabs selling Goodwillie to us even if we had the money, and as for Nakita and Naisy up front, ok but no cover in case of injuries, and Naisy is prone to them and Jelevic is just returning from a serious one as well. Miller doesn't seem to get injured as easily as the other two.

But what really gets on my feckn goat is that we have become a selling club. Let Miller walk for nothing in the summer, and last point isn't Jelavick Euro cup tied as well?

IF we get Goodwillie I don't think its such bad business. What I would highlight tho is how Walter conveniently put the onus for all our decisions onto the bank the day before we accepted a bid for Miller. He knew it was coming and was trying to prepare us. Worryingly he also said that not all of the proceeds of a sale could be spent. So it seems we will earn 700k and wont be getting Goodwillie??

Weiss Davis Edu Lafferty

Naismith Jelavic

?

its funny that folks are happy to make out the ones that get it in the neck week after week are gonna all of a sudden do damage for us its laughable, jella had a serious injury but thats kool eh cause hes jella, as i say there better be folks coming in

Weiss Davis Edu Lafferty

Naismith Jelavic

?

IMO no, Weiss would finally be in his proper position, Lafferty has been playing well there and who knows, maybe Kerkar and Wylde could do a better job. Naismiths been scoring well this season and having Jelavic back strengthens the team further. Jelavic and naismith beats Jelvic/Miller Miller/Naismith imo.