Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

IF we get Goodwillie I don't think its such bad business. What I would highlight tho is how Walter conveniently put the onus for all our decisions onto the bank the day before we accepted a bid for Miller. He knew it was coming and was trying to prepare us. Worryingly he also said that not all of the proceeds of a sale could be spent. So it seems we will earn 700k and wont be getting Goodwillie??

Good point on Walter, was thinking this as well about Smith's statement

Bye Miller... Now get Goodwillie in.

Top scorer away for a nominal fee. I guess it was always going to happen. If the fee being mooted on TV is correct then that will not be enough to get Goodwillie. Even if we get all the money coming in.

Not good.

It remains to be seen wether Jelavic will be able to score goals for us, but its early days.

Millers workrate has gone down a little but the goals he have scored have been crucial, his pace alone is vital as it gives us a bit of an outball if we are struggling against teams

Any money we receive simply HAS to be put into getting a replacement and at this current time I have no idea who I want that to be or who it will be.

I thought they wanted Keane?

i dont know what to make of this, 700k aint gonna be enough to get goodwillie as much as id like us to sign him.

700k brought in from the sale of Miller and between 400-500k saved in wages over the remaining six months of his deal

That frees up 1.1-1.2 million straight away and that's before we even consider the possibility of offering Webster and/or Fleck on loan to them as part of the deal too.

Smith's wheeling and dealing to get us over the line and I'm going to trust him because he's seen us right so far.

Would anyone else take Kevin Phillips as part of the deal?; aye he's old- but he's a clincial finisher.

No. He has been a great player but is not even close to a replacement for what we loose if/when Kenny goes.