Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

1st_Jan_1994, on 07 January 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

If they know something we don't, and they have a deal agreed for Godwillie behind the scenes for 6/700k then that's a long term masterstroke, imo.

Walter doesn't do long term and he says the bank doesn't think long term.Maybe this is all a dream :lol:

Yes. Thanks Kenny. Thanks for choosing to stay loyal to the club until the end of the season, rather than jump ship for a big pay day. Thanks for wanting to stay rather than leave us searching for another 20 goal a season striker which would cost us more than we will get for you. Thanks for wanting to stay and help us try & win 3 in a row and hopefully secure champions league football next season. Thanks for having Rangers Football Club interests at heart rather that your own bank balance!

I applaud you Kenny! :praise:

Strange that many slated Boyd for doing that. Of course, I'm not accusing you of that. Just some have double standards, is all.

Yes. Thanks Kenny. Thanks for choosing to stay loyal to the club until the end of the season, rather than jump ship for a big pay day. Thanks for wanting to stay rather than leave us searching for another 20 goal a season striker which would cost us more than we will get for you. Thanks for wanting to stay and help us try & win 3 in a row and hopefully secure champions league football next season. Thanks for having Rangers Football Club interests at heart rather that your own bank balance!

What a load of nonsense that is.

Miller's leaving on a free so he can line his own pocket in the Summer.

You do realise that's wrong don't you ?

He's knocking Birmingham back as he knows he can make a lot more by leaving for free.

No, but that 700k is more than likely going to contribute to the overall fee for Goodwillie.

There's absolutely no chance that we're making a simple offer of 700k for him, we'll be testing the water.

Secure 1st place then go for Goodwillie.. no point thinking about next season til we've won this one.

any why exactly would Webster leave to play for less wages . He can leave in the summer and get himself a big signing on fee somewhere else aswell remember . It's not as easy as just punting him into any deal we want . We were paying 5 - 7 grand of his wages last season most probably . Utd couldn't afford him unfortunately .

They would probably put some of the transfer fee towards his wages. It probably won't happen but it was only a suggestion.

Rather we had Kenny here scoring goals than 650k the bank probably wouldn't have given us anyway.

You could have a point, although will Kenny be giving 110% to us knowing fine well he has new employers come the summer? I dont know if any player cuold seriosuly do that. Surely their head must be elsewhere.

Possibly like Walter admitting hes leaving and the team and/or him struggling that year.

Boyd too.

I dont know.

Secure 1st place then go for Goodwillie.. no point thinking about next season til we've won this one.

At which point we may not be able to sign Goodwillie.

As DBBTB suggested, that leaves us with no cash to replace Miller who leaves on a free and we have to waste a chunk of our transfer budget in the summer on a striker when we have other areas to improve.

would they release the wages money to add to the fee then pay wages on top for goodwillie though, its all guess work, whats the crack with adam like ? we getting a fee

I think the money saved on Miller's wages and transfer fee could get us Goodwillie.

He isn't going to take home wages anything like Miller did so we could have offered up to 8k (and that's being generous when you consider Webster was Dundee Utd's highest earner by a mile last year on 7k) a week and still had 2/300 k left to go towards the debt or to put towards the 650 k we have already bagged for Miller.

According to a Sunderland fan in the General Sports, Adam is about to sign for Sunderland and I'm sure it was reported on here a number of times that we have a sell on clause of about 20% inserted into his contract.

If Miller leaves now we sign Goodwillie and we have a paid for asset tied down to a four or five year deal.

If Miller stays until the Summer he leaves for free and we are left short of a centre forward and with no money to replace him.

There's no gauarntee that we will win the league if he stays and there is no gaurantee that we win it if he goes.

But I think that getting Goodwillie in and selling Miller was the best deal for both the short and long term.

Anybody who thinks that Goodwillie, Beattie, Lafferty, Naismith, Lafferty & Jelavic couldn't score enough goals between them to bring the league home is kidding themselves on.

This is a disastarous turn of events that we won't feel the full effects of until the Summer...just like last Summer when we let a 20+ goals a season striker leave for free and then proceded to spend over half our limited budget replacing him when there were three or four other areas that also needed strengthen.

DB, you can't compare Miller to Boyd. Boyd was offered more money than Miller is on just now & it wasn't enough for him. He chucked his toys out the pram from January onwards & left us waiting to see if he would stay or go in the summer. Miller's come right out & told Brum to GTF....he wants to stay & help us win things as well as see out his contract. That's showing more loyalty than Boyd did.

As for Goodwillie...yes, good player, but there's more than a few folk on here that watch him a fair bit & say he's no yet the finished article. There's nothing to prove that he'd come straight into the team & be as prolific as Miller has been/will be. I wouldn't be surprised if/when he comes he'll take time to settle.

I do agree that with a fit Beattie, Jelavic, Naismith & Lafferty we'd have enough goals to win the league though!

KENNY MILLER is set to snub Birmingham's bid to take him to the Premiership - as he holds out for a crack at European football.

SunSport can reveal Rangers hitman Miller is cold on the prospect of signing for Alex McLeish's Blues.

Big Eck tabled a £600,000 bid for Miller yesterday which was accepted by Gers - with add-ons taking the fee up to £1million.

Boss Walter Smith had resigned himself to the fact Miller was destined for St Andrews but it is understood the 22-goal hitman has little interest in returning to the Midlands where he has had previous spells with Derby County and Wolves.

The Scotland star does now look certain to leave Ibrox during this month's January window but Miller's spectacular form for Gers this season has grabbed the attention of a number of top European clubs.

That's now what interests the 31-year old as he plans the final years of his career.

SunSport revealed there has already been interest from outfits in Turkey with Gers' Champions League rivals Bursaspor desperate to do a deal.

Miller has been free to talk to other clubs since January 1 as he's in the final year of his Gers contract.

The former Celtic hitman had been hoping Rangers would be able to table a new deal which would keep him at Ibrox for life.

The cash-strapped SPL champs have refused to budge on their one-year offer which would see Miller's current wage package cut by a whopping 33 PER CENT.

Miller is on around £20,000 a week with Gers, but they are only prepared to give him a 12-month extension on £7,000 less.

Birmingham would hand Miller a contract worth significantly more than he's currently earning.

He has always dreamed of playing in one of Europe's top leagues and that's what he's prepared to hold out for now.

Ibrox boss Smith would face a massive task replacing Miller who has enjoyed the most prolific season of his career in front of goal. Gers are interested in Dundee United scoring sensation David Goodwillie with USA World Cup star Edson Buddle also a potential signing target.

Buddle, 29, is available in a cut-price deal from LA Galaxy. He spent a few days at Murray Park last month.

Ironically Birmingham have also been linked with the striker, but Gers could swoop depending on the outcome of Miller's situation.

Read more: http://www.thescotti....#ixzz1AOWBEeYn

FFS someone been reading the posts on here? What if i was bluffing mr sun man :sherlock:

Strange that many slated Boyd for doing that. Of course, I'm not accusing you of that. Just some have double standards, is all.

There's a difference. Boyd was motivated by money. Miller wanted a new deal on the SAME money, we've fucked him about (for whatever reason) and he's leaving at the end of the season rather than go now.

What a load of nonsense that is.

Miller's leaving on a free so he can line his own pocket in the Summer.

As stated above mate, if we'd given him another contract last year on the SAME money he's on now, he'd have signed his contract by now & we wouldn't be having this conversation. You make him out to be greedy. He's far from that!

You do realise that's wrong don't you ?

He's knocking Birmingham back as he knows he can make a lot more by leaving for free.

As above again mate. He wanted a contract on the same money he's on now......he's no mercenary!

If Miller leaves now we sign Goodwillie and we have a paid for asset tied down to a four or five year deal.

If Miller stays until the Summer he leaves for free and we are left short of a centre forward and with no money to replace him.

There's no gauarntee that we will win the league if he stays and there is no gaurantee that we win it if he goes.

But I think that getting Goodwillie in and selling Miller was the best deal for both the short and long term.

Anybody who thinks that Goodwillie, Beattie, Lafferty, Naismith, Lafferty& Jelavic couldn't score enough goals between them to bring the league home is kidding themselves on.

This is a disastarous turn of events that we won't feel the full effects of until the Summer...just like last Summer when we let a 20+ goals a season striker leave for free and then proceded to spend over half our limited budget replacing him when there were three or four other areas that also needed strengthen.

you would struggle to get two of that lot fit each week.

KENNY MILLER is set to snub Birmingham's bid to take him to the Premiership - as he holds out for a crack at European football.

SunSport can reveal Rangers hitman Miller is cold on the prospect of signing for Alex McLeish's Blues.

Big Eck tabled a £600,000 bid for Miller yesterday which was accepted by Gers - with add-ons taking the fee up to £1million.

Boss Walter Smith had resigned himself to the fact Miller was destined for St Andrews but it is understood the 22-goal hitman has little interest in returning to the Midlands where he has had previous spells with Derby County and Wolves.

The Scotland star does now look certain to leave Ibrox during this month's January window but Miller's spectacular form for Gers this season has grabbed the attention of a number of top European clubs.

That's now what interests the 31-year old as he plans the final years of his career.

SunSport revealed there has already been interest from outfits in Turkey with Gers' Champions League rivals Bursaspor desperate to do a deal.

Miller has been free to talk to other clubs since January 1 as he's in the final year of his Gers contract.

The former Celtic hitman had been hoping Rangers would be able to table a new deal which would keep him at Ibrox for life.

The cash-strapped SPL champs have refused to budge on their one-year offer which would see Miller's current wage package cut by a whopping 33 PER CENT.

Miller is on around £20,000 a week with Gers, but they are only prepared to give him a 12-month extension on £7,000 less.

Birmingham would hand Miller a contract worth significantly more than he's currently earning.

He has always dreamed of playing in one of Europe's top leagues and that's what he's prepared to hold out for now.

Ibrox boss Smith would face a massive task replacing Miller who has enjoyed the most prolific season of his career in front of goal. Gers are interested in Dundee United scoring sensation David Goodwillie with USA World Cup star Edson Buddle also a potential signing target.

Buddle, 29, is available in a cut-price deal from LA Galaxy. He spent a few days at Murray Park last month.

Ironically Birmingham have also been linked with the striker, but Gers could swoop depending on the outcome of Miller's situation.

FFS someone been reading the posts on here? What if i was bluffing mr sun man :sherlock:

Well if that's the case.. ( a 33% wage decrease ) then who can blame him for leaving?

a 7000 wage cut ?

That is a fucking disgrace.

Paul mate, not being an arse here but he is willing to accept those terms mate beleive it or not, but only on a 3 year deal.

As i have said over the last 6 months, he wanted/wants to remain here but i think its over now

Maybe he wants;

a) to wait until the end of the season for a good signing on fee with another club.

b) realises that Birmingham only play one forward and that forward needs to be able to win the ball in the air,needs instant control and be able to hold the ball up and knows he cannot do that.

c) wants to stay with us on a longer contract.

i think he rejected them because birmingham arent the right club for him . if they play 1 upfront would he really have been ahead of zigic or jerome , or even philips coming off the bench

i think he rejected them because birmingham arent the right club for him . if they play 1 upfront would he really have been ahead of zigic or jerome , or even philips coming off the bench

I don't think thats the main reason he rejected them mate.. I'd say it's more to do with pocketing a large signing on fee with a European club and getting higher wages.

And if he does a boyd and is shyt second half of the season all that you just said is gonni look stupid because you will have wanted him gone in hindsight

Mate, Boyds a fuckin big headed prick.....and chucked his toys out the pram from January onwards when he couldn't get a huge payrise! You can't compare the two. How do you know that Miller WONT go on and score another 15 this season and win us the league?

Will you still say he should have left us in the lurch???

Paul mate, not being an arse here but he is willing to accept those terms mate beleive it or not, but only on a 3 year deal.

As i have said over the last 6 months, he wanted/wants to remain here but i think its over now

We must be in a seriously bad state if we can't offer him 13k a year for 3 years?

fucking incredible situation.

1 year deal and 33% pay cut.

you would struggle to get two of that lot fit each week.

hows that <cr> jelavic is only injured coz of a fukin hack and lafferty from fuckin about they arent repeat sicknotes neither is goodwillie or naismith <cr>

I think he wants to stay too.

I believe the Sun on this one because Rangers were only willing to offer Nacho a 1 year extension.

A 1 year deal is pathetic tho for a guy that has played so well for us.

I hope what your saying is true tho mate and he is only wanting a 3 year deal and not a wage increase.

I thought he was in it for the money aswell.