Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

i am happy that he is staying for the moment. however, am not going to say he's still going to be here come the end of january. i know they are different players but i remember alan hutton rejected spurs when they first came in for him and by the end of the month he had signed with them. i dont see this being the end of the miller transfer saga.

Theres only a handful of players in the world that dont play for money. And lets be honest Kenny isnt a Rangers man but can be proud of what he has gelped us achieve since he came back.

This shyt about sell him and get goodwillie in is ridiculous wer we gettin the other 700-800k to buy him lol?

King Kennys here for 3 in a row

Theres only a handful of players in the world that dont play for money. And lets be honest Kenny isnt a Rangers man but can be proud of what he has gelped us achieve since he came back.

This shyt about sell him and get goodwillie in is ridiculous wer we gettin the other 700-800k to buy him lol?

King Kennys here for 3 in a row

650k from Birmingham to for Miller, between 4/500k saved on Miller's wages and another 500k if Birmingham satyed up.

Add the possibillity of a player going on loan and the money for Goodwillie was there providing that Miller was sold first.

If he doesn't want to be here then he can fuck off sooner rather than later, no matter how many goals he scores!

It's not about him not wanting to be here. It's the club that had accepted the offer from Birmingham. It's also the club who haven't offered him an agreeable contract, although I would assume that their hand has been restricted by the banks, but he hasn't said he doesn't want to be here. The guys goals are the reason we are doing well this season, because the performances on the pitch haven't exactly been great.

His missus wants a move abroad, he's 31 and knows that this contract will be the last one in which he can demand a decent wage. Football is a business nowadays and if Rangers aren't willing to come close to matching his valuation of his worth then he has the right to leave at the end of his contract.

£650k-£700k and whatever we save on his wages was never going to be enough to replace him, even with Jelavic back. Lafferty is unproven as a back up, and Beattie can't stay fit. As for the other options Naismith is probably our best performer in midfield this year, and Little like Lafferty is unproven.

For a chance why don't we wait until the dust settles before jumping on a players back about wanting to be here or not. As long as Kenny continues to work hard for the team, and can contribute a few more goals then lets just be happy he's here until the summer when the situation with ownership of the club and the banks could be sorted and we'll be able to replace him.

Also at least if he does sign a pre-contract with another club then its final, and we can be saved from speculation affecting performances on the pitch!

We really dont need this "will he, wont he" shit mid-season. Why the hell did he talk to Birmingham in the first place if, as says in the article, he wants to play abroad. I would have been quite happy with Goodwillie but if Miller stays and helps us to Title 54, I'll be delighted.

the lad can't win, even if he is only thinking about the money so are we. We as fans are only interested in whats best for the club and him staying till the end of the season benefits us. we need to win the league this season more than most and his goals will help, punting him now is a gamble as no one can be sure if goodwillie could handle the pressure of having to hit the ground running for the biggest club in the country(thats assuming we could buy him).

Spot on i said same earlier Millers goals could be the difference of our season if we had got 1.5mill or more to go out and buy a decent replacement fair enough but 650k is a joke Smith didnt sanction it was the bank.

650k from Birmingham to for Miller, between 4/500k saved on Miller's wages and another 500k if Birmingham satyed up.

Add the possibillity of a player going on loan and the money for Goodwillie was there providing that Miller was sold first.

all possiilities but nothing you say is a given really but who says goodwillie was a dead cert, im sure the cretin over there wold try his hardest to have him not come to us

it is all about money he picks up the 650k as a signing on fee, and were stuck with an unmotivated player making sure he doesnt get injured for next season.believe me miller will be absolutely no use to rangers from now on in.stand by for wee strains and niggles for the rest of the season, thats how this situation works

Or he might play out the season and go out on a high.. ie beating Larssons record of most SPL goals in one season.. he's well on coarse to achieving that!

As much as I don't like millers personality, he is doin us a job at the moment and would be wrong for us to disrupt that for the sake of £650,000.... I personally think selling him would really limit our chances in winning the league hence missing out on europe which would be a disaster if finances are as restricted as previously states.

If Miller leaves now we sign Goodwillie and we have a paid for asset tied down to a four or five year deal.

If Miller stays until the Summer he leaves for free and we are left short of a centre forward and with no money to replace him.

There's no gauarntee that we will win the league if he stays and there is no gaurantee that we win it if he goes.

But I think that getting Goodwillie in and selling Miller was the best deal for both the short and long term.

Anybody who thinks that Goodwillie, Beattie, Lafferty, Naismith, Lafferty & Jelavic couldn't score enough goals between them to bring the league home is kidding themselves on.

This is a disastarous turn of events that we won't feel the full effects of until the Summer...just like last Summer when we let a 20+ goals a season striker leave for free and then proceded to spend over half our limited budget replacing him when there were three or four other areas that also needed strengthen.

You're forgetting that NO MILLER = NO GOALS - NO TITLE..... :rolleyes:

we dont have a million, and the add onns, well were there really any add onns in the first place, he can go mae but it needs to be benificial for us and 600k or even 700k aint right, ok for miller it is but for where we are at present i would have the title over that wee bit of cash

We would have had close to it if Miller had left.

650k from the transfer fee and between 4/500k saved in wages. That's over a million quid straight away.

Plus there is a real possibility that we ae about to get a windfall from Charlie Adam's potential move away from Blackpool too.

Well in kenny miller . Great news if true . We should be happy if we keep hold of what we've got . He's our top scorer and that kind of goals are priceless in this title race .

And for all you muppets boo hoo hooing about not getting that fud goodwillie , we were never guaranteed to sign him anyway . If it's true that there are a few teams interested , it's more than likely that the could blow us out of the water wages wise . And whose to say he wouldn't turn us down and chase the money elsewhere .

Get a fucking grip people , he's not some kind of saviour .

As another poster said , why can't we sign him in the summer when he only has 12 months left on his contract .

If we keep what we've got , with jelavic coming back , we will win the league . Kenny can shoot us to the title , pocket us another 10 - 15 million and leave with my best wishes .

And by the way , if we miss out on david goodwillie , so be it . There are better players out there for similar money if you look hard enough . Why all of a sudden has eveyone jumped on the goodwillie bandwagon .

Rant over .

Breath , breath , breath .

So you're turning down a move away and leaving us for free? Thanks for that.

Yes. Thanks Kenny. Thanks for choosing to stay loyal to the club until the end of the season, rather than jump ship for a big pay day. Thanks for wanting to stay rather than leave us searching for another 20 goal a season striker which would cost us more than we will get for you. Thanks for wanting to stay and help us try & win 3 in a row and hopefully secure champions league football next season. Thanks for having Rangers Football Club interests at heart rather that your own bank balance!

I applaud you Kenny! :praise:

We would have had close to it if Miller had left.

650k from the transfer fee and between 4/500k saved in wages. That's over a million quid straight away.

Plus there is a real possibility that we ae about to get a windfall from Charlie Adam's potential move away from Blackpool too.

would they release the wages money to add to the fee then pay wages on top for goodwillie though, its all guess work, whats the crack with adam like ? we getting a fee

We must have had 700k in the first place if we were able to bid for Goodwillie. Throw in Webster and they'll surely accept.

any why exactly would Webster leave to play for less wages . He can leave in the summer and get himself a big signing on fee somewhere else aswell remember . It's not as easy as just punting him into any deal we want . We were paying 5 - 7 grand of his wages last season most probably . Utd couldn't afford him unfortunately .