Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

But will be signing a pre-contract with a forgein club this month according to the guardian.

Are the Kenny Haters gutted our top goalscorer could be staying to score more goals?

im not a kenny hater but i would rather we got money now for him seeing as at the moment every penny seems to be vital

Kenny Miller rejects move from Rangers to Birmingham City

• Miller set to sign pre-contract deal with 'top foreign club'

• Scotland international's contract runs out this summer

The Rangers striker Kenny Miller has rejected a chance to move to Birmingham City The Rangers striker Kenny Miller has rejected a chance to move to Birmingham City. Photograph: Graham Stuart/PA

Kenny Miller has rejected an opportunity to join Birmingham City after Rangers accepted a £650,000 offer for their Scotland international striker. Miller, whose contract at Ibrox expires in the summer, had been targeted by Alex McLeish as Birmingham seek to boost their attacking options.

However, a source close to the player has revealed that Miller is keen to continue his career abroad and is set to sign a pre-contract agreement with a "top foreign club" this month. He has no plans to leave Ibrox before the end of his deal.

Marseille have been heavily linked with the 31-year-old as have Bursaspor, although a move to Turkey is regarded as unlikely.

Rangers had a contingency plan should Miller, a former Wolves player, have accepted a return to the Midlands. The Scottish Premier League champions made a verbal offer of £650,000 for the Dundee United forward David Goodwillie but that was rejected in any case, with the Tannadice club seeking £1m up front for their main asset.

So you're turning down a move away and leaving us for free? Thanks for that.

Would much rather have him here till the end of the season than a paltry 650k and a huge chance of not winning the league

Well Miller has apparanently rejected Birmingham. We obviously have money to spend as we bid 750k before a bid for Miller came in so it could be a win - win situation if we make an improved bid for Goodwillie.

source ?

700 grand is as good as free. I'm quite happy he's turned it down, proves it's not all about money with him.

700 grand if you are to believe our situation is alot better that free . and i agree with the bit about it maybe not being about money but i think its more to do with the fact he probably doesnt want to move to someone like birmingham

Fuck that for a laugh.

Miller is happy to sit out the remaining six months of his deal and then net a signing on fee which is probably worth more than what we would have received for him in January while also effectively ruling us out of the running to sign one of Scotland's brightest hopes in the process.

Cuellar, and in particular, Boyd have been villified on this forum for less.

Is anybody really surprised he's leaving for more money.

This move if it happens will give him a wage increase in the region of 30-50%.

Now can anybody hand on heart say they wouldn't move to a new job for that kind increase.

Not forgetting the top tax band is going up to 50% which is a hefty wage cut for these guys

we just have to accept the days of us being at the pinnacle of the game paying the highest wages to attract/keep top quality players are long gone.

I for one won't let this downturn affect my support for the rangers when I started going we had crowds of 20-30k on a good day,you could buy cup final tickets on the day of the game and pay into the rangers end of torbett towers for

an old firm game

we are still the Best team in Scotland and playing in Europe if we have to slide a bit further before rising again so be it

I will be there to give my support always

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

700 grand is as good as free. I'm quite happy he's turned it down, proves it's not all about money with him.

Actually not quite as if he leaves on a free he gets a much bigger signing on fee than he would if a club had to buy him...so if he does go for free it is all about the money :lol:

Still would rather have him here trying to win the league for the next few months.

Fuck the 700k !

Id much rather Kenny stayed til the end of the season and won us the league....which in turn would earn us millions upon millions, especially with the chance to reach the Champions league stages again.

All you cunts wishing he could leave the now should fuck off and open your eyes...we wont win the league without Kenny. Think how many goals hes scored this season so far, losing out on his goals for the remainder would be a catastrophe.

Win us the league Kenny and then good luck with the rest of your career abroad (tu)

It's all about the money.

The only reason he has turned it down so he can agree a pre contract with another team netting himself a massive pay day in the form of a wage increase and a huge signing on fee.