Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

Mate, Boyds a fuckin big headed prick.....and chucked his toys out the pram from January onwards when he couldn't get a huge payrise! You can't compare the two. How do you know that Miller WONT go on and score another 15 this season and win us the league?

Will you still say he should have left us in the lurch???

well even if he left it wouldnt be in the lurch because we can reject the offer but i want him to go...not because i dont like him i just think goodwillie is a better option than miller long term aswell....also if he now signs a pre contract i think he will go off the boil like boyd because he will the thinking about sunnier climbs if he does indeed go abroad

We must be in a seriously bad state if we can't offer him 13k a year for 3 years?

Tbh we shouldnt be offering any 31 year old 3 year deals. Thats why we ended up in a mess. Big name players 30+ out injured for ages and picking up a huge pay day.

Miller has been lucky with injuries this year, but his shin splints will 1 day force him out for a long time. His best assest was his pace and he is losing that now, so i think its a no brainer mate sorry

I've never been a Miller hater or a lover although I do love his goals for Rangers he scores , what's he to do , leave for zilch in the summer ? fans hate that , leave for no much money the now ? fans hate that with him being on top form at the moment , stay and stop us from signing possibly scotlands top talent at the moment ? don't like the sound of that much either , sign a new contract with us the now then leave in the summer for the same money thats being offered the now ,canny see that happening , rock and a hard place , although it should be " I'm playing for Rangers the now ,in the form of my life , being paid handsomely I'll sign a new deal and see how we go for the rest of the season and try and get the league and some cup medals in my pocket , see who the team brings in in the summer and take it from there ,( better the devil you know , imo ) FFS IT'S RANGERS I'M PLAYING FOR

Tbh we shouldnt be offering any 31 year old 3 year deals. Thats why we ended up in a mess. Big name players 30+ out injured for ages and picking up a huge pay day.

Miller has been lucky with injuries this year, but his shin splints will 1 day force him out for a long time. His best assest was his pace and he is losing that now, so i think its a no brainer mate sorry

Nail on the fucking head,spot on Rangers.

Im sure Martin Bain or Walter have alluded to the fact its about the duration of the contarct offer he didnt like. It was in the media when talks first broke down, and that was the reason given.

Its not about money.

I wouldnt give him 3 years, he doesnt look like he has 3 years left. Pace is slowing down, energy will naturally die down too and hes prone to a hammy or two too.

2 years would be about right, although even then, in 2 years time he will be nowhere near as good as he is now imo.

Delighted. Rather lose him for free than get a pishy 600 grand for him.

I hope the fans still back him, then we will still get a big return from him. If they start getting on his case, then we might aswell give him away for free nevermind the 600 grand.

I think he wants to stay too.

I believe the Sun on this one because Rangers were only willing to offer Nacho a 1 year extension.

A 1 year deal is pathetic tho for a guy that has played so well for us.

I hope what your saying is true tho mate and he is only wanting a 3 year deal and not a wage increase.

I thought he was in it for the money aswell.

Im glad we arent offering ANY 31 year old 3 year deals now. We have been stung too much in the past.

Apparently this deal is about security rather than a pay day, but their is every chance the info being fed to me was to stop alot of bears finding out the "truth" so to speak. As it is known to the person i post online. :sherlock:

I know m8 but offering him 13k 1 year extension with the form he's been on?

I'm sure they didn't expect him to accept that!

KENNY MILLER is set to snub Birmingham's bid to take him to the Premiership - as he holds out for a crack at European football.

SunSport can reveal Rangers hitman Miller is cold on the prospect of signing for Alex McLeish's Blues.

Big Eck tabled a £600,000 bid for Miller yesterday which was accepted by Gers - with add-ons taking the fee up to £1million.

Boss Walter Smith had resigned himself to the fact Miller was destined for St Andrews but it is understood the 22-goal hitman has little interest in returning to the Midlands where he has had previous spells with Derby County and Wolves.

The Scotland star does now look certain to leave Ibrox during this month's January window but Miller's spectacular form for Gers this season has grabbed the attention of a number of top European clubs.

That's now what interests the 31-year old as he plans the final years of his career.

SunSport revealed there has already been interest from outfits in Turkey with Gers' Champions League rivals Bursaspor desperate to do a deal.

Miller has been free to talk to other clubs since January 1 as he's in the final year of his Gers contract.

The former Celtic hitman had been hoping Rangers would be able to table a new deal which would keep him at Ibrox for life.

The cash-strapped SPL champs have refused to budge on their one-year offer which would see Miller's current wage package cut by a whopping 33 PER CENT.

Miller is on around £20,000 a week with Gers, but they are only prepared to give him a 12-month extension on £7,000 less.

Birmingham would hand Miller a contract worth significantly more than he's currently earning.

He has always dreamed of playing in one of Europe's top leagues and that's what he's prepared to hold out for now.

Ibrox boss Smith would face a massive task replacing Miller who has enjoyed the most prolific season of his career in front of goal. Gers are interested in Dundee United scoring sensation David Goodwillie with USA World Cup star Edson Buddle also a potential signing target.

Buddle, 29, is available in a cut-price deal from LA Galaxy. He spent a few days at Murray Park last month.

Ironically Birmingham have also been linked with the striker, but Gers could swoop depending on the outcome of Miller's situation.

Read more: http://www.thescotti....#ixzz1AOWBEeYn

FFS someone been reading the posts on here? What if i was bluffing mr sun man :sherlock:

Bain had said he had offered Kenny a good offer ffs, see that cunt got a pay rise under the so called climate.

Its a fuckin disgrace i thought wages were capped no higher than 20k.

Time for tango (Bain) to come out and start telling us the truth.

well even if he left it wouldnt be in the lurch because we can reject the offer but i want him to go...not because i dont like him i just think goodwillie is a better option than miller long term aswell....also if he now signs a pre contract i think he will go off the boil like boyd because he will the thinking about sunnier climbs if he does indeed go abroad

I don't think so mate. I think he's desperate to prove a point and go out of Ibrox at the end of the season on a high....unlike the last time he left! Also, as you say in your post, Goodwillie's perhaps a long-term option, but we'd need someone who can step in now! Wherever Millers been, he's always (imo) been totally loyal and focused on the club he's playing for. Even in a piss poor Derby & Wolves team he gave his all rather than look for a move away! Can't see why he wouldn't give it his all & try & win the SPL one last time!

Boyd believed he was bigger than the club & wanted more than we could afford. I wish folk would stop comparing the two!

Bain had said he had offered Kenny a good offer ffs, see that cunt got a pay rise under the so called climate.

Its a fuckin disgrace i thought wages were capped no higher than 20k.

Time for tango (Bain) to come out and start telling us the truth.

Bain's pay rise was bonus and performance related. Our wage cap is about 20 grand a week, basic, but players earn bonus aswell.

Bain's done nothing wrong with the extra money he got. People just like to dig him for the sake of it.

I am all in favour of the wage cap. Break it for no-one. It keeps us financially sound and when we have a buyer we can start investing in the squad again.

hows that <cr> jelavic is only injured coz of a fukin hack and lafferty from fuckin about they arent repeat sicknotes neither is goodwillie or naismith <cr>

naismiths missed 2 years since he joined us.

jela said recently he had been in rehab for 4 years.

lafertys never fit.

goodwille might be fit

Btw STV sport centre have said we will be going back in for DG wether miller goes or not wacko.gif

he is a player we really really want and have done for a good while.

i think he is the best young prospect in scottish football for decades.

hope we can get him.

Bain's pay rise was bonus and performance related. Our wage cap is about 20 grand a week, basic, but players earn bonus aswell.

Bain's done nothing wrong with the extra money he got. People just like to dig him for the sake of it.

I am all in favour of the wage cap. Break it for no-one. It keeps us financially sound and when we have a buyer we can start investing in the squad again.

bains bonuses were related to our european run.

wtf did he have to do with that.

he earned 633k last year.

far far more than the average for a chief exec in similar sized companies.

he is also useless

bains bonuses were related to our european run.

wtf did he have to do with that.

he earned 633k last year.

far far more than the average for a chief exec in similar sized companies.

he is also useless

I don't know how much of all that is accurate.

The bonuses relate to good performance in the financial field. That's the responsability of chief executives, not scoring winning goals on the park.

I don't know how much of all that is accurate.

The bonuses relate to good performance in the financial field. That's the responsability of chief executives, not scoring winning goals on the park.

we made a profit because of the european money.

the year we made the uefa final bains wage was also obscene.

or performance in financial aspects is pretty embarasing really.

we made a profit because of the european money.

the year we made the uefa final bains wage was also obscene.

or performance in financial aspects is pretty embarasing really.

I still don't see the problem? that's the way CEO's work. Not just Martin Bain.

You trying to tell me if you were entitled to a 160 grand bonus for having a good years worth of results both on and off the park you'd say no?