Tonights Ref

kplfishtank

is this the new breed of ref we are getting, i thought he was dreadful, gave fouls when it looked like fair tackles, played on when he should have given fouls, booked players for tackles but let off worse.

i hope this isnt a fast tracked ref because if he is we are in for some poor games

Thought he was decent tbh :ph34r:

in what way, did you think all the bookings were fair

did you not think mcculloch and hammill were more worthy of a card than davis or naismith

did you not think he gave far too many soft fouls, some of which an advantadge would have been better

Thought he was very good <cr>

We had 2 or 3 potential straight reds, depending on how over-zealous the referee. In his case, he wasn't. Lafferty, Davis and Ness all made tackles that looked very dodgy from certain angles.

Handled it well I thought.

Have to agree big lafferty could easily have been sent off tonight the yellow he got compared to the one he didnt was laughable .

The pitch had a major bearing all the rain there seem to be alot of mistimed challenges going on

even big lee was out of sorts his tackles were tame just let the others get on with it !

The ref wasnt great but at least he managed to keep all the players on the pitch and must have taken the conditions into consideration.

Had that been Howard webb or the premiership cronies they would have been red cards.

I thought the ref actually had a good game.

But I was watching on TV, it might have looked different at the game.

Naismith's challenge was poor, but I thought Davis was unlucky.

He was anticipating Eremenko playing the ball up the line, but when he dummied it, it looked like a poor challange.

Davis is simply not that type of player. But when you slide in on a surface like tonight . . .

As for Lafferty, he was a wee bit lucky to escape a yellow card for his first challenge.

But he'd never have chased 30 yards and pulled the Killie player back if he was already on a yellow.

The penalty was a definite. Crazy challenge.

So, in summation . . .

On a difficult surface, with a Rangers team committed to shutting down Killie, I think the ref did fine.

Let's not base our judgments on his surname, eh? :uk:

I have seen worse, that Aussie sun gone to your head kpl?

SUN? It rained every fuckin day he was here...he brought the fuckin rain with him....As soon as he left, the sun appeared in the sky again...EVERY DAY!

fuckin Jonah!..noo half the country is flooded thanks tae fishtank! :anguish:

I thought the ref actually had a good game.

But I was watching on TV, it might have looked different at the game.

Naismith's challenge was poor, but I thought Davis was unlucky.

He was anticipating Eremenko playing the ball up the line, but when he dummied it, it looked like a poor challange.

Davis is simply not that type of player. But when you slide in on a surface like tonight . . .

As for Lafferty, he was a wee bit lucky to escape a yellow card for his first challenge.

But he'd never have chased 30 yards and pulled the Killie player back if he was already on a yellow.

The penalty was a definite. Crazy challenge.

So, in summation . . .

On a difficult surface, with a Rangers team committed to shutting down Killie, I think the ref did fine.

Let's not base our judgments on his surname, eh? :uk:

I would say that that is a fair assessment of the Ref's performance, mate!

Davis was a bit unlucky but apart from that, he could have gave Lafferty a card but chose to tell him to settle down a bit and he could have carded McCulloch, so I've no complaints in the general sense of the game.

is this the new breed of ref we are getting, i thought he was dreadful, gave fouls when it looked like fair tackles, played on when he should have given fouls, booked players for tackles but let off worse.

i hope this isnt a fast tracked ref because if he is we are in for some poor games

Have to agree. Thought Davis got booked for fuck all, then seconds later lafferty made a much worse challenge and got a talking to. Dont know what he was thinking